Sign in to follow this  
Kathy

Foodbank collection before the game tonight

If you're off to the game tonight can I ask you to consider taking a couple of non perishable food items along? This is being organised by the Canaries Trust together with the Trussell Trust which run several food-banks throughout Norfolk. All items received will be distributed evenly between each of these.There will be three collection points outside the ground.

While all donations will be gratefully received, the Trussell Trust tell us that they are particularly keen to get hold of the following:

Instant mash potato

Long life  (UHT) milk

Instant coffee

Long life fruit juice

Long life sponge puddings

Thanks in advance for your generosity.

There but for fortune etc,etc.....

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Hope it goes well. Our local commercial radio station had an appeal to raise a tonne of food during February and in the end raised 17 tonnes. Kids were using their pocket money to buy tins etc. It really was a great gesture that didn't have the same publicity as Children in Need or Red Nose Day but in reality produced more.

Just as an aside. Do you know if the Supermarkets etc donate any? Obviously they sell a lot more tines etc when this happens and I would to think they recognise this upturn in their sales.

• Like 1

Hi KG. Yes they do collect from supermarkets. Nearly all supermarkets contribute to one or other of the charities who need food donations. There is an active Norwich Food Network which incorporates many organisations collecting and distributing surplus food. We’re not sure if this is countywide but will do some digging.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Hi GPB. Read all those programmes yet? 😉

More info on the Trust can be found on our website (www.canariestrust.org) but essentially we are working with both local organisations and the wider football community to improve the overall fan experience and to help those in need of it in our community as well as trying to make the fans of NCFC a major shareholder in the club. 

If you want to find out more or would like a chat, come and see us on Thursday at the AGM at Carrow Road. We’d be please to hear any ideas or sggestions you yourself may have. Youll find that we’re not all old fogeys like me and you can talk to Stuart Webber and Dan O’Hagan too. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi GPB yes come and see us on Thursday if you can, we’d love to talk to you (and anyone else!) about what we’re up to.

The Foodbank initiative was something that took a little while to plan and deliver, but we’re really pleased with the collection itself and the overall reception it had from fans, the Club and local media, etc.  We’re optimistic that we can facilitate further collections on a regular basis, however, we need to discuss the logistics, etc with the Club first and foremost.

We’re very keen to encourage new members and if you feel you may have a particular skill or can offer a regular commitment to helping the Trust meet and exceed it’s vision, you’d be very welcome.

Feel free to DM or contact the Trust on Twitter or via our email address - details here 👇🏻

https://canariestrust.org/ 

• Like 1

Well done to the Food Bank volunteers around the ground.....horrid wet weather to be stood around in.....I applaud them all 👏👍

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kathy said:

Hi GPB. Read all those programmes yet? 😉

More info on the Trust can be found on our website (www.canariestrust.org) but essentially we are working with both local organisations and the wider football community to improve the overall fan experience and to help those in need of it in our community as well as trying to make the fans of NCFC a major shareholder in the club. 

If you want to find out more or would like a chat, come and see us on Thursday at the AGM at Carrow Road. We’d be please to hear any ideas or sggestions you yourself may have. Youll find that we’re not all old fogeys like me and you can talk to Stuart Webber and Dan O’Hagan too. 

Hi Kathy. Don't mention the Programmes , Mrs Beard is fed up with them all (around 1300 of them all in filing cabinets ) - the collection grows ever bigger 😀. I am going to try and get to the event as am working in our Norwich office that day. I'll come and say hello if I make it . Keep up the good work . Surprised the event hasn't had more coverage on here?