Sign in to follow this  
Bob da Canary

is he worth it?

is huckerby worth norwich city''s money, he has had some bad matches, what happens if he has lots when he returns?

also, could worthy have spent less money on more strikers in the lower divisions that will do huckerby''s job better?
i think that huckerby will do well and he was worth the money, although questions do start to arise..

Put it like this Forest paid 950K for King? Several hundred grand for Taylor?
Huckerby was cheaper okay his wages are maybe higher but what do you get for a million quid nowadays?
It is such a big step up coming up from the lower divisions youve only got to look at Chris Greenacre who Joined Stoke from Mansfield on a bosman free he scored nearly 40 goals in the third division so far hes scored 5 for Stoke in a year and a half and now cant get a game?
Leon will do okay he is quality but their arent that many who can step up the leagues and be consistent

Well said Snake Pit Rebel,I sometimes wonder if some of the posters on here have ever seen Hucks play.

agreed snake pit and diane, god, how many times does DH have to prove himself

well, he has another 20 or so games eh, starting with everton, what a game for him!!!

Watch him go!!

Guest CFrost
Darren Huckerby''s class and we all know that! He''s worth every penny!

Cant wait to see him at Everton!

i have thought about my statement, i never doubted huckerby and still don''t. i still think he is a brilliant player.i have seen him play alot of times and do agree with most people that DH is a very good player and has proved himself.

The point i was making is could Worthington had got a better player than Huckerby for a lower or the same price as DH? I think he is one of the best that you can get for the price they payed. I was just asking, is there a player that is better than him at that price?

i am just like all of you, i too think that huckerby is better than Rooney and will be one of our best strikers. Not only at the club, but in the division. I also think he will do really well against Everton and will score on his first game back for the Canaries!

One of the best things about Hucks is that he raises the game of the other 10 players in Norwich shirts.The whole team is much better when he''s playing.I will never forget on the way to the Sunderland game we listened to Radio Norfolk,and they announced Hucks had passed a fitness test and would play(after his injury at West Ham).You just immediately felt 10 times more positive about the game,and there was then little doubt that we would win.

Hucks is a legend already!!! He has inspired my dad to take me and my brother to the Burnley game-debut,Cardiff game-last loan game, n now the Bradford game-heros welcome!! We travel up from hampshire to see the yellows play n Hucks along with the other players have made for some pretty fantastic journeys back!! Never doubt the man!!

Not sure awesome is the word i''d use but still he''s bloody good.

as for buying lower league players to do hucks job, don''t be silly you get what you pay for in this world.

want a fast car ?
do you buy a mini (cheap) or BMW (expensive but bloody quick!) again you get what you pay for.

RONBOL
(can you hear the snake pit sing - nooooooooo - nooooooooooooo)

If we all knew that we would eventually get Darren for £750.000 when he was on loan...we would ALL have thought he was the bargin of the decade. Most thought Man City would have wanted at least 2.5 million for him, especially after his successful loan spell.

A snip @ 750k...what else is there to say? Kevin Keegan even helped us get him!!!

Put it this way he could be the answer to Englands left wing problem. People have questioned this opinion but he is effectively just as good if not better than the boy Dyer. I really believe that Keegan has made a big mistake in selling him. He is quick and has the ability to maintain speed whilst running through traffic. He is a top class act and I could name at least five Premiership Clubs that could do with him at the moment. In fact the bottom half at least!

Snake pit rebel?

There r no rebels in the snake pit - all barclay rejects

NO NOISE FROM THE SNAKE PIT GIRLS

Is it right what im hearing. Canarys so called fans arguing about where they are sitting. Grow up and get behind the boys wherever u sit and that should be the end of it. Agree???

making the odd gesture at a warming up substitute hardly makes you a rebel.
You moved because you thought the snakepit had better atmosphere..... boy where you wrong - wern''t you.

you probably can''t even admit that!

the so called snakepit has been dead of atmosphere all season (all but the forest game when you lot did manage 5mins of noise, so well done!!!!).

Robol

Snakepit = barclay rejects

P.s if we can''t hear you what hope have the away supporters.

To Hucks if god

It''s called banter, just friendly banter. Not arguing................ we are all behind the team 100%.

Ronbol

P.S I like the fact that you are joining in the banter, but using the words grow up, is a little bit strong!!!!!!

Hey, Ronbol.
Have you noticed how the players nearly always run to the snakepit to celebrate when they score (including Hucks v Cardiff)?
Funny that isn`t it.......? Maybe they dont want to be seen mixing with with acne`d muppets.......

Hucks is new , he will learn where to run.

look at henderson and mcveigh who always run to the barclay.

ronbol

Sorry Ronbol mate I was just joking 2. I think I will join in. The place 2 be is barclay lower block e. Where did Hendo come 2 against Millwall. Where does hucks always aplaud first. Yer thought so barclay lower.

And also Mr Carrow please give me another example of players running 2 the snakepit coz i can only remember hucks against cardiff and reading. Please give some more evidence.

I`ve lost count of the number of times i`ve bounded down to the front to celebrate cos the players have run over to us. Also,my mate who sits at the front is often subject to mickey-taking cos hes always getting on the tv highlights+press pics after goals.....
Anyway,i`m not really serious-both areas are good for vocal support+ i reckon the `sandwich` effect often gets the whole end singing.......Its just the snakepit has less spots+a better dress sense......!!

you could be right about the dress sense.............

We the Barclay , get the Canary Fairy !!!!!!

RONBOL

E block , Lower Barclay

Lowtown Canary - thats Leon mate, Hucks is £750k plus £250k when we go up. LM is £350k now and the same if we go up I believe.

This arguing about where the players run to is all wrong. More goals have been scored down the Riverend so thats where the celebrating and most vocal singing is done!