Sign in to follow this  
TIL 1010

Confirmation....Lambert Has Lost The Plot Completely.

I read it and was shaking my head from side to side the more i read and kept thinking to myself it cannot get worse but it did.

• Like 2

He says its not right to many times, which means he hasn't a clue how to fix it and is basically doing a Vegas **** or bust as far as his career is concerned

Too much talking. He’s been captain of the good ship Ip5hit for five months and has produced nothing but sound bites.

The only reason he’s still their is by default. I’m sure Evans is tired of hitting the eject button.

Out of the kindness of my heart I’d say God help them. But God (however you wish to define or not define God) has no chance of getting through to those who are legends in their own self-absorbed mind (the gap).

Edited by CirclePoint

I see nothing in this that changes anything.  If the U-23s, who are top of the League are any good, why's he not playing them? There's a mass exodus at the end of the season regardless of what Lambert says. Next season's budget will mean huge cuts all over the place, so the idea that they can bring in quality to 'help ' the youngsters doesn't stand up. Meanwhile, the deluded masses are hanging on his every word in the vain hope of returning to their glorious past.... this will not end well. 

So wait, this brilliant new idea that Lambert has which will revolutionise the club is to get rid of the senior players (high earners) and play youngsters in league one? Because Evans can’t keep wasting money as it’s “not right”. It’s not right that they buy players from Munich and Dortmund when youngsters are there already. This is Lamberts revolution that he’s asking people to buy into?

Does he also spy on opponents?

I’m a little more concerned, it’s more sinister than just losing the plot.

He’s gone and got himself a god complex with all this ‘cleansing’ talk.

If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.” 1 John 1:9

I seriously think we may find him marching the first team down to Nacton to wash away their sins in the waters of the Orwell. 

12 minutes ago, Wilson said:

I’m a little more concerned, it’s more sinister than just losing the plot.

He’s gone and got himself a god complex with all this ‘cleansing’ talk.

If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.” 1 John 1:9

I seriously think we may find him marching the first team down to Nacton to wash away their sins in the waters of the Orwell. 

Rubber gloves, Detol and a wire brush!!

• Haha 1

Never one to miss a money-spinner, Marcus has commissioned a Junior Binner Version of Lambert's press conferences.

image.png.e03d82a7a0200cd0777b95f87e485ed9.png

Edited by Drazen Muzinic
  • Like 1

He'll be going in to politics next, how to say absolutely nothing and make it last 20 minutes... could be the title of a book. As long as he recognizes all the 'help' he's been given and how he couldn't ask for anything more from the publishers as they've been brilliant, in the acknowledgements.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, splendidrush said:

I see nothing in this that changes anything.  If the U-23s, who are top of the League are any good, why's he not playing them? There's a mass exodus at the end of the season regardless of what Lambert says. Next season's budget will mean huge cuts all over the place, so the idea that they can bring in quality to 'help ' the youngsters doesn't stand up. Meanwhile, the deluded masses are hanging on his every word in the vain hope of returning to their glorious past.... this will not end well. 

Unless there is a massive sea change in Evans approach to the club then we are nowhere near the end.

Money generated from player sales needs to stay within the club - not be moved out to a 'holding; company where it can be accessed by other ME owned companies under the nonsense that pooled with other monies it attracts a better rate of interest.

Without a decent coaching set up backed by a well funded scouting network the club will not source and develop players. Too many have left poorman road as 'rejects' only to thrive elsewhere.

The ground needs money spent on it annually, as does the pitch. Both show signs of years of neglect.

Evidence of this lack of concern can be seen in the way City have almost taken over huge parts of Suffolk and the town as far as 'kids coaching goes.

Evans has run the club into the ground by his constant penny pinching and asset stripping. They are where they are as a result of that, not the appointment of one bad manager, or too many injuries.

Until Evans goes Lambert and anyone else will be pi ssing into the wind - because the binners are not being relegated by a few bad results on the last day or even week. They have been sat rock bottom, well adrift for months.It is cony that bottom that has saved them. Open that up and let them into L1 and then see how far they fall.

"There's no right way or wrong way. Only my way"

Hahahahahahahahaha...priceless. You seriously cannot make this sh*t up.

Funny as this is (and it is darn funny) it is still a shame that a once celebrated manager of this club has been reduced to this. R.I.P Paul Lambert's sanity, career, reputation...

Edited by CanaryChris

1 hour ago, Ekoku: The Ambassador Of The People said:

Think it was Fergie that said if you’re U23’s are top of the league than something is not right within the club

Webber said the same thing a couple of months ago. Imagine our U-23s with Max, Godfrey, Lewis, Todd and Emi  playing every week, I'm sure that we'd be further up the table as well. How old do you have to be to get in the 1p5wich side? and if they're not ready now I'm guessing they never will be. 

Now he's adding another string to his considerable bow

https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/454823/lambert-ive-given-marcus-my-recommendations-on-season-tickets/#0

tbf, whoever has advised in the past, hasn't a scoobie, so PL might as well make have his say. As always he is on a win win with this advice as it cannot get any worse, so he'll look good even if they have a slight upturn.

Anyone know how many season tickets they have sold for next season? Asking for a friend.......

9 hours ago, nutty nigel said:

I'll just leave this again in case anyone missed it first time....

Someone who can, PLEASE post this on TWTD

25 minutes ago, Crabbycanary3 said:

Anyone know how many season tickets they have sold for next season? Asking for a friend.......

I am reliably informed they are taking a different approach to season tickets sold and allocation at town next season Crabby, such is the demand...…...

It's a BOGOFF type affair which has gone down well. They are going to allocate seats to season ticket holders starting immediately from the dug outs and working around the ground. 

'Laycee-Mae' from the binners ticket office has confirmed the rush has started and they have sold out all the seats behind the subs bench in the first 4 weeks already (away team only - 6 seats sold)…………..

😀

Someone should tell Mr Lambert (who was looking quite well refreshed) that a million times zero is still zero. 😂

Apples

This is difficult to read, following his scatty train of thought. It has struck me just how different he is to Daniel Farke. DF is thoughtful, economical, measured and insightful. It's as if he has already thought about the questions asked. He is humourous with it very often. It's not a poorly constructed stream of consciousness like this.

Surely, how a manager talks sets a tone? I mean what do players make of "cleaning" and "cleansing" taking place?

And the Dortmund and Munich comments are meant to be an aside at us are they not? Wasn't it not long ago that he was fishing in European waters for players?

Further, what is staggering is the comments section of that clip...only two posters seem to have seen through this stuff with others nailing their colours to the Lambert mast. Amazing.

Edited by sonyc

19 minutes ago, sonyc said:

Further, what is staggering is the comments section of that clip...only two posters seem to have seen through this stuff with others nailing their colours to the Lambert mast. Amazing.

Indeed, but they have nothing else to cling on to.

What Lambert neglected to mention was using us an example.  He wants to rebuild the club, bring through the academy players etc - well he only has to look up the road to see what can be done with the right infrastructure.  Unfortunately he is not the owner and he can only change a certain amount himself - the problems at Ipswich are so deep that any change needs to come from higher up.  That is where we have been so fortunate in having decent family and community oriented owners who are not looking to make money from the club - Ipswich have Marcus Evans and that says it all.   They have been getting away with it for years with McCarthy in charge - the only reason they had stayed up - and once he went there was only one way it could go. 

Actually I think they will do ok in League 1, it will suit them, but I will be surprised if they get back in the championship anytime soon....unless there is a change at the top and someone buys out Evans......but that would be easier said than done. 

Living deep in binner land our small band of City Supporters are having the time of our lives, having taken so much stick in the past , a wry smile is all you need.

52 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Indeed, but they have nothing else to cling on to.

What Lambert neglected to mention was using us an example.  He wants to rebuild the club, bring through the academy players etc - well he only has to look up the road to see what can be done with the right infrastructure.  Unfortunately he is not the owner and he can only change a certain amount himself - the problems at Ipswich are so deep that any change needs to come from higher up.  That is where we have been so fortunate in having decent family and community oriented owners who are not looking to make money from the club - Ipswich have Marcus Evans and that says it all.   They have been getting away with it for years with McCarthy in charge - the only reason they had stayed up - and once he went there was only one way it could go. 

Actually I think they will do ok in League 1, it will suit them, but I will be surprised if they get back in the championship anytime soon....unless there is a change at the top and someone buys out Evans......but that would be easier said than done. 

As the old saying goes "a fish rots from the head down"...

His career is hanging in the balance. Ipswich is all he’s got now, and he’s gained a reputation of being a bit of an egomaniac since leaving us. Damaged goods. He has to make it work at Ipswich next season. If they don’t have a good start then that’s it. He’ll jump and will blame everyone but himself.