Sign in to follow this  
kick it off

The gift that keeps giving

That guy only lost £50. I hope it's not King Keano because he's already in shtook for £48 and rising on here.

And of course we have that £200 says we won't make the play offs...

Not a betting man myself but surely, if you have any understanding of football and how betting works, you'd be inclined to err on the side of caution. Bravado is one thing, stupidity is something very different. 

I don't know how it works on TWTD but on here most of it is pledges where the aim is to get as much money as possible to help fund the DS boys and girls. The majority hope the pledge costs them money.

£1 per point with King Keano last season raised no money but we were happy to go again. In fact it was KK who suggested "same pledge next season". I'm sure he'll be back at some point.

2 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

I don't know how it works on TWTD but on here most of it is pledges where the aim is to get as much money as possible to help fund the DS boys and girls. The majority hope the pledge costs them money.

£1 per point with King Keano last season raised no money but we were happy to go again. In fact it was KK who suggested "same pledge next season". I'm sure he'll be back at some point.

I get it NN, I think the charity bet was an afterthought,  that's how I read it. My point was, to say they would finish 20 points clear of relegation, was at best, brave. Considering that they'd sold all their goals and their best defender it was either the exuberance of youth or alcohol that led to such a claim. 

• Like 2

Well his thread title didn't say in which direction they'd be 20 points clear, so he may yet be right 🙂

• Haha 2

Based on previous Binner dealings with charity, the final donation from that £50 will total £2.50.

And they'll probably ask to pay in instalments.

• Haha 1

But at least they are already preparing for league one.

Just over half the turnstiles have been boarded up, with 40% of the bars being closed for good after the Forest home game.

The upper tiers in the South Stand and the Wally Cobblers will not be selling tickets for next season.

The Planet Blue shop with become Satellite Blue with opening times restricted to match day afternoons or evenings.

The board room will now have a cash bar, as from the beginning of next season.

Seems a bit short sighted of them Bill. I mean Leeds will bring at least a couple of thousand for a promotion party, so that'll be good for some bar revenue, although they might take a few bits of the ground back with them as a keepsake, or on the other hand Leeds will bring at least a couple of thousand for a missed auto promotion revenge session, so that'll be still good for some bar revenue, although they might still remove a few bits of the ground. Anyway, a great day to say goodbye to the Champs.

2 minutes ago, Surfer said:

Seems a bit short sighted of them Bill. I mean Leeds will bring at least a couple of thousand for a promotion party, so that'll be good for some bar revenue, although they might take a few bits of the ground back with them as a keepsake, or on the other hand Leeds will bring at least a couple of thousand for a missed auto promotion revenge session, so that'll be still good for some bar revenue, although they might still remove a few bits of the ground. Anyway, a great day to say goodbye to the Champs.

Most Leeds fans will get pi ssed up before they get to the ground, and I suspect there will be far more than their allocation, with the gobshytes scattered all around home areas as well.

I suspect some may well make a weekend of it by staying in Yarmouth, or even the City. Just what we need !

I would suggest that any money made from food and drink sales will not cover the policing costs inside poorman road - and I suspect many of the farmhands may choose to give this game a miss. More so if Leeds position still needs to be decided on the day.

That goes wrong and suffolk plod will certainly be earning their wages that day

12 minutes ago, Surfer said:

Lets face it - Poorman Road is in such a dilapidated state these days that it needs to be demolished. If Ipswich could summon up a miracle and actually beat Leeds (and in the process deny them automatic promotion) then I'm sure the Leeds fans would be happy to oblige............

18 minutes ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

Lets face it - Poorman Road is in such a dilapidated state these days that it needs to be demolished. If Ipswich could summon up a miracle and actually beat Leeds (and in the process deny them automatic promotion) then I'm sure the Leeds fans would be happy to oblige............

Millwall fans had a good go in 1996. They needed a win to avoid relegation and the Binners needed a win to get in the play-offs.

One 0-0 draw later and the Bermondsey Boys did some drastic seat re-organisation.

3 minutes ago, Drazen Muzinic said:

Millwall fans had a good go in 1996. They needed a win to avoid relegation and the Binners needed a win to get in the play-offs.

One 0-0 draw later and the Bermondsey Boys did some drastic seat re-organisation.

It's a Bank Holiday weekend

What could possibly go wrong ?

🙄

As much as I like to see them suffer, it was something raised by Hucks on TNC the other week.  The closing of bars,  empty seats and the Club shop only opening at selected times mean people are going to lose their jobs. We made significant cuts in our staff under McNally so we know how it works. Relegation is going to hurt them more than they could possibly imagine.