Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

The Man Returns!

Just now, Crabbycanary3 said:

Judging by the title, I presumed it was about one of the 1p5wich fans who haven't posted on here for a while..........

Cortwanking or KingKeano? You won't see them for a very long time.

I used to go down to Colney regularly when Worthy was there, Steve Foley once let me into the canteen to get some stuff signed. 🙂

2 minutes ago, FenwayFrank said:

I used to go down to Colney regularly when Worthy was there, Steve Foley once let me into the canteen to get some stuff signed. 🙂

Blank cheques FF? 😀

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, FenwayFrank said:

Were you spying? 🤔

Thought you meant the Man in the Stands - ancient Pink Un column.

Nowadays I suppose we’ve got a forum full of men in the stands - in terms of the honest viewpoint and the fan humour .

I thought you might have got an invite Nutty or maybe you did and that was why the PUPs thread was up and running earlier than usual today ? 😂

Just watched this NN & immediately thought of you, so not surprised to see this thread! What a smashing chap he is - just the type NCFC always seems to attract. This really is a special club.

• Like 1

Nice to see Nigel there today.  "probably the best team in the Championship" .......you can do better than that Nigel!

20 minutes ago, Darth Canary1 said:

Nice to see his thoughts. However thought we were laughing at PL when he invited the Ipswich legends back to their gaff, just saying

There's a bit more relevance here though with the parallel of chasing the same prize Worthy delivered in 2004.

Digging out Butcher, Mills et al as a cheap PR stunt is just smoke and mirrors to buy favour with the fanbase and deflect from the sh!te they are in.

Edited by Drazen Muzinic

Absolutely love Worthington. The bloke just oozes class and really nice to see that Webber brought him in. Seems to be a bit of a culture at the club of having these motivational speakers in, they had that SAS bloke in the other week too. Whatever they're doing is certainly working. I know Worthy's time here ended acrimoniously but what he accomplished should never be underestimated. He just had the midas touch that season we went up. Everything he touched turned to gold that year - Huckerby came down and lit a fire under everyone, McKenzie signed and scored 2 against the scum to put us top at PR within about 4 days of signing etc. The mistakes that were made after that season are well documented, but what he achieved with the resources he had was unbelievable.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

I thought you might have got an invite Nutty or maybe you did and that was why the PUPs thread was up and running earlier than usual today ? 😂

Would have loved an invite!

The PUPs thread was early to give a bit more time to get the Swansea game picks in.🙃

We were both at Colney on a day the legend that is Ken Brown was there. You came as a deckchair....

IMG_20190307_061233.jpg

Edited by nutty nigel
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Darth Canary1 said:

Nice to see his thoughts. However thought we were laughing at PL when he invited the Ipswich legends back to their gaff, just saying

I thought he was there to make a presentation to Alex Tettey to mark his 200th appearance. Very different from the PR stunt played by PL to engineer some fake unity between Club and fans.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, splendidrush said:

I thought he was there to make a presentation to Alex Tettey to mark his 200th appearance. Very different from the PR stunt played by PL to engineer some fake unity between Club and fans.

He was. In the same way Gossy made the presentation to Klose.

I think Butcher was there because they broke his heart. TBF had they gone to him instead of Lambert they might have made a better fist of staying up.

I think it's good to see old players and managers invited back for an occasion like this, even though Worthy's last season and a half here was quite bitter, I doubt any of us could ever forget that 2003-04 season and his achievements at the club. And he knows what he's talking about, I remember that season, probably around March time then he said "We will get promoted" and it was never in doubt, so let's hope for the same again this year.

Not one "know what I mean?" though. Disappointed.

Nor any "sit..u...a...shun" in there either. The Norfolk air I suppose (hasn't he lived in Weybourne for many years?).

Great season 03/04.

13 hours ago, GenerationA47 said:

Thought you meant the Man in the Stands - ancient Pink Un column.

Nowadays I suppose we’ve got a forum full of men in the stands - in terms of the honest viewpoint and the fan humour .

I too thought that. Used to be an excellent read.

There's been a real effort to engage the fans / the history of the club etc this season. It's been brilliant. Ignoring the final months, Nigel Worthington was good for us.

Yep Kathy. was the standout highlight of the old printed edition and would hold its own today . Very different to the usual writing. He was able to focus on topics of immediate interest to fans, in an entertaining & irreverent style.

Oh , and I’d like to correct my phrase above to “men & women in the stands“!

Whatever happened in those final weeks, the man saved us in his first season, got us to the playoffs, promoted after so many wasted years

Nothing but happiness when the man's name is mentioned.

5 hours ago, alex_ncfc said:

I remember that season, probably around March time then he said "We will get promoted" and it was never in doubt, so let's hope for the same again this year.

That memory has come to my mind a couple of time recently. I remember not being sure at the time whether that was a sensible tactic or not. I have found myself wondering lately whether Farke would consider issuing such a proclamation. To date DF has been very much about keeping the feet on the ground.

Never mind posters thinking Nutty was on about Man In The Stands i thought for a fleeting moment he was on about The Man From Mulbarton. 😂

Limerick of the day

There was a poor man from Mulbarton

Who drank from an exceedingly large carton

The thing was full of beans

Which as you can guess means

err, that's as far as I have got