Sign in to follow this  
A Load of Squit

The 'Worthy Out' Myth

This ''Worthy Out'' Myth is ill founded rubbish based on short sightedness. The 1st Wazzock & Dumble Delia is Tragic should start to look on the positive. Each journey starts with a single step & I believe we have taken our first one.

OTBC!

What a load of drivel , we beat Crewe everybody does , the best side we have beat this season is Luton who were two divisions lower last season .Worthy out and out now before he gets his hands on the Ashton money and wastes that on his unskilled work rate type of players.

Myth? You honestly believe we have "taken our first step"? And if so, don''t you feel that 4 months into the season is JUST A BIT LATE to be taking our first step?

We won yesterday, great - I feel pleased for the players and the fans. But the manager is not upto the task and unless we win every game until the end of the season nothing will change my opinion.

DumbleDelia is tragic?  Lol hadn''t heard that before!  Let me assure you Squit; there is no Worthy out "myth".  Only Worthy out FACT.  The vast majority of fans want a management change.  You only need to look at opinion polls, petitions, message boards and official supporters groups. 

We have taken several "first steps" this season.  MK Dons was a first step.  Plymouth was a first step.  Hull was a first step.  Brighton was a first step and now Crewe is a first step.  It''s ironic that we''ve taken so many steps and turned so many bloody corners only to be in a worse position than when we started out!

Squit - you''re talking it. We scraped a win against an awful team and you think that Worthington is the Messiah! He has created a poor team that will NOT get anywhere near the play-offs. If you''re happy watching a team that will be in the bottom half of the table each season, then Worthington''s your man.

WORTHY OUT!  

No yellow they don''t.  However, every poll so far has had thousands of fans take part.  The NCISA is the largest supporters club of Norwich City.  I bet you can''t find me any poll or discussion board which has more people in support of Worthington than against him. 

Have you ever heard of a sample?  A sample is where you take a smaller segment of the whole and use it as a yardstick.  They do a similar thing with opinion polls and tv ratings.  If you take 20% of fans opinions, there is a very good chance it will be extremely similar to that of 100% fans opinions just on a smaller scale.  Every ''sample'' so far has pointed to one conclusion; The fans want Worthington out

[quote user="Yellow Fever"]
Dumb - le,

Do Opinion poles, message boards, Supporters groups all add up to 20,000 Season ticket holdes views, I THINK NOT !
[/quote]

Ah! So you only listen to season ticket holders?

Heres a season ticket holders opinion;

WORTHY OUT.

Got it now?

But everyone said we had taken steps forward when we beat Hull and Brighton and Ipswich and Luton but nothing has come of it. We have some very good and valuable players and if nothing is done soon we are going to lose them and the rebuilding stage for Norwich will take many steps backwards which it is doing already. Beating Crewe 2-1 means nothing other than 3 points added to a tally which is way lower than it should be! To start taking steps we need to start playing to our potential, winning games against lowly opposition such as Millwall and Sheff Utd and winning consistently. If Worthy can achieve that and can get us in the playoffs then I''m prepared to chance my view but if that''s going to happen we''re going to have to start winning very soon. For that to happen something has got to change! Why when we have been playing consistently badly for this much of the season should our fortunes suddenly change unless something is actively done??

[quote user="DumbleDelia is Magic"]Have you ever heard of a

sample?  A sample is where you take a smaller segment of the whole

and use it as a yardstick.  They do a similar thing with opinion

polls and tv ratings.  If you take 20% of fans opinions, there is

a very good chance it will be extremely similar to that of 100% fans

opinions just on a smaller scale.  Every ''sample'' so far has

pointed to one conclusion; The fans want Worthington out[/quote]

Have you ever considered they might be wrong?

Most football fans know sweet FA about football..

Harsh, but true.

Look how many Charlton fans wanted Curbishley out and now Everton fans wanting Moyes out.

They''re wrong too.

LINKNR9 Norwich weren''t lucky in the slightest in the second half we dominated the game for those 45mins no way were they lucky stop criticizing the performance against Crewe. I know that this season some players haven''t worked hard enough, but i''m sure that if Worthington get''s the mix right we will really get up the table. Continue with the 4-3-3 formation and i think that will make a massive difference, i personally felt it worked quite well.

4-3-3 worked well against crewe cos they''re not very good, although they nearly did us.

The worthy out myth is a real fact, not imagined.

If city win next 5 games, the worthy outers will quieten for sure, but

for many the doubts will remain and you or nobody else can change that

apart from one man  -  nigel worthington.

Worthy hasn''t convinced this season or last - we''d all like it to be

different after the promotion but it hasn''t been.  He''s still in

there and has a dog''s chance and if he tales it then good luck to him,

because he''ll have deserved it.

nobody can rest on there past record in life, so why should he be any different?

Squit - I always find that if you dont want the bird don''t give it. Despite being a load of rubbish, you could have attempted far more to try and put your argument across than ramming it down peoples throats by having a go at individuals.

Heb - "Look how many Charlton fans wanted Curbishley out and now Everton fans wanting Moyes out.
They''re wrong too."

And what evidence do you have ? There is one perception that never gets looked at, and I''ve been waiting for it to appear here - the belief that because Worthy, or any under pressure manager, got a victory his replacement wouldn''t have. It''s a point well worth remembering.

[quote user="A load of squit"]

This ''Worthy Out'' Myth is ill founded rubbish based on short sightedness. The 1st Wazzock & Dumble Delia is Tragic should start to look on the positive. Each journey starts with a single step & I believe we have taken our first one.

OTBC!

[/quote]

Did you think "we had taken these steps" after Ipswich, Plymouth and Luton? Where all the Worthy inners believed it was the turning point.

You certainly live up to your Avatar!!!!! 

[quote user="Yellow Fever"]

Dumb - le,

Do Opinion poles, message boards, Supporters groups all add up to 20,000 Season ticket holdes views, I THINK NOT !

[/quote]

You have Yellow Fever alright and I am not talking the fever you get when supporting City.

The majority of the 20,000 Season tickets were sold on the assumpton we would be in the  play offs or indeed leading the Championship.

I wonder how big the waiting list for season tickets is now.

Wise up.

Chris  

Luton, Hull, Ipswich, Plymouth, Brighton, Cardiff.. all these were the "first steps" or "the turning point" and what happened??? we got spanked every game afterwards and ended up right back where we started from.

we won.. it changes nothing.. i still want Worthy out and will do next week... if he can turn it round then i will hold my hands up and say "well done nigel" and look a twit wont i??? but he wont

Sooner or later Either the Worthy outers, or the inners... will bve proved right.. and i have a feeling we will find out not long after xmas

jas :)

Anyone who regularly goes to matches and who has any understanding of football must know that we are in a desperately poor state at the moment on the pitch. The manager is accountable for that and like in any normal job if you underperform for 18 months you would not expect to stay in your job. That''s not a myth its reality.

I must say we played well on Saturday and deserved to win but we only started playing well when Worthy was forced to play McVeigh.  The question is would Worthy had made the right choice had it not been forced on him?  We will never know but at the end of the day it was a well deserved win.

Lets not start kidding ourselves that we have (for the 7th time this season!) "Turned the corner",until the results of the next 2 or 3 games come in, this could well be another false dawn.

We beat Crewe and played well.  Well done City but this is nothing to get excited about or to change my opinion on whether Worthy is up to job.  We have played 6 games against the bottom 4 teams and we have taken a massive 7 points out of 18 from the divisions 4 worst sides, hardly anything to boast about is it?

[quote user="Chris MacDonald"]

The majority of the 20,000 Season tickets were sold on the assumpton we would be in the  play offs or indeed leading the Championship.

I wonder how big the waiting list for season tickets is now.

Wise up.

Chris  

[/quote]

A lot of glory-seeking fairweather fans there then if they only bought on that assumption!

In which case, I''m not part of "the majority". I''ve had a season ticket for years and will continue to do so whichever division we are in.

[quote user="premier1"]Worthy out and out now before he gets his hands on the Ashton money and wastes that on his unskilled work rate type of players.[/quote]

Premier1: you have to bear in mind who bought Ashton. If his value has more than doubled, was that not a fantastic piece of business, whether or not we think it''s a shame to lose him. And we must give some credit for good business, amongst all the relentless slagging off.

For what it''s worth, after Palace failed to beat Luton, Dowie criticised their workrate and pointed out that it was the first thing they needed if they were to get anywhere. And Wigan are repeatedly praised for their workrate. I think it''s a given that you need that. You also need quality skills on top if workrate, granted, but that costs real money.

I can''t fault the Hughes signing if that''s who you''re referring to. For me, he''s doing the job Holt did a few years ago - and that approach got us promoted. If not Hughes, are you suggesting that Hux, Ashton, Safri, Davenport, and others are just "unskilled work-rate type of players"?

"LINKNR9, Norwich weren''t lucky in the slightest". If you bother reading my post, Braveheart, I didn''t say we were lucky. However, getting a goal with 5 minutes to go against an awful Crewe team is hardly a tremendous victory, is it? And how long will it take Worthington to "get the right mix"? He''s had half the season already.