Sign in to follow this  
Tired

Best solo goal / screamer we've scored this season?

So having seen Grealish's superb volley on Saturday and Mason Bennett's fantastic goal tonight, it got me thinking: we've been treated to so many awesome team goals so far this season, but what is the best screamer we've scored?

The only out-of-nothing wonderstrikes this season I can think of off the top of my head are Tettey's backpedalling volley against Preston and McLean's second goal against Bristol the other week.
But there's been so many goals scored this season that I'm probably forgetting something obvious!

Perhaps that’s an indicator of our evolution? Maddison regularly scored bangers but we struggled for goals overall despite creating great on-field positions. This time around we’re less reliant on one players ability to conjure a hare from a bonnet. We stick to our methods, we trust in our ability and fall back on our fitness. We have goals all over the park and I’d take half a dozen Pukki Pokeys than one Howson Howitzer any day of the week. Preferably Saturdays. Unless Sky have intervened. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Man City have scored plenty this season...but can you recall too many of their goals?....theyre mostly all carefully constructed & engineered

Appreciate what you’re saying but City have most definitely still scored a lot of individual screamers this season.. off the top of my head there’s been Aguero’s 25 yarder v Chelsea and Sane’s exceptional free kick v Schalke in the only their last few fixtures! 

Stiepermann away at Bristol City and Leitner at home to Millwall were decent strikes, but as the OP says we haven't really scored many screamers this season. Delia out!!

• Haha 1

Rhodes hit an absolute pissballer against Wycombe, that was a good'un.

15 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

Rhodes hit an absolute pissballer against Wycombe, that was a good'un.

Found a way to get past the swear filter! Do a word that isn't really a word.

Let's try...

Shartpants

On 06/03/2019 at 11:45, BobLoz3 said:

Found a way to get past the swear filter! Do a word that isn't really a word.

Let's try...

Shartpants

Love the word pissballer. I was always threatened with one of these when I was misbehaving as a kid!

• Like 1

On 08/03/2019 at 23:50, Drazen Muzinic said:

Love the word pissballer. I was always threatened with one of these when I was misbehaving as a kid!

Our little crew of friends often like to call it a 'pissballet' as that's what it ended up getting auto corrected to when somebody tried to write it in our What's App group!

I'd like to see drunk ballet now I think about it...

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, JUBWICKS75 said:

Sears v Villa 😁

If he could do another couple against Leeds and Sheffield United that'd be just lovely thankyoupls

1 hour ago, Feedthewolf said:

If he could do another couple against Leeds and Sheffield United that'd be just lovely thankyoupls

Highly unlikely as he's out injured for 9 months with an injury he picked up while fouling Tom Trybull in the game against us Mr Wolf. 

Just now, Thirsty Lizard said:

Highly unlikely as he's out injured for 9 months with an injury he picked up while fouling Tom Trybull in the game against us Mr Wolf. 

Haha, oh yeah... I'd forgotten about that! Amazing how utterly insignificant they've become recently.