Sign in to follow this  
Michael Starr

Frank Lampard's Derby County

Limping to a win against a poor Wigan side. They won't stand a chance in the playoffs even if they get in there to be honest.

Shame Wigan couldn't see that out. Be nice to have as many teams 'on the beach' as possible for our run in. 

Perhaps will give Bristol City some extra motivation Saturday though.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Michael Starr said:

Limping to a win against a poor Wigan side. They won't stand a chance in the playoffs even if they get in there to be honest.

Not saying the media love Frankie but they chose 'gutsy' rather than 'limping' and confirm 'the play-off push is back on track'!

It might be - but not for them. I can see them missing out altogether - they've been total carp lately.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Il Pirata said:

Shame Wigan couldn't see that out. Be nice to have as many teams 'on the beach' as possible for our run in. 

I look at this differently. Sometimes teams play better when more relaxed as if the pressure of achieving/avoiding something has disappeared. Seemingly doomed clubs who can't buy a win all season can suddenly pick up points when their fate is mathematically sealed.

I'd rather play a desperate team who could make mistakes under pressure.

1 hour ago, Drazen Muzinic said:

Not saying the media love Frankie but they chose 'gutsy' rather than 'limping' and confirm 'the play-off push is back on track'!

It might be - but not for them. I can see them missing out altogether - they've been total carp lately.

Don't say that, you'll have westcoast after you. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Vazzza said:

goal of the season tonight surely??

No. Just one of those "let me try this" and lucky that it went in rather than six feet over the bar. 

Not a patch on some of our team oriented goals. Buendia's v Bolton for example. At 2 min 35 sec 

Ok maybe should've said "finish of the season"... Goals like that normally win the accolades like that anyway 😊