Just read this on the Wacky site.

I'm finding it hard to root for Leeds when they play SU.

E7781815-A107-4366-8DAC-C5BF60900A05.jpeg

• Haha 3

Obviously has never watched a game. There is only one team playing Premiership type football and it aint Leeds.

• Like 1

I genuinely sat open mouthed reading that. What has he been watching all season? I don't expect other team followers to know all about our style of play but how can you be that far off!

• Like 1

Following a football club makes fools of us all but, my word, that is an extreme  example. And best not to misunderstand a ten-dollar word like synchronicity.

Spot on ASMS, it’s so ridiculous I’m struggling not to think it’s a wind-up. But if Michael Benjimam really exists and has even a gram of football nous, even the scraps of Quest highlights would at least give him a hint that there’s so much more to our game than that of a ‘big club’ in white shirts running and running and running. There’s a little thing called technique which sets us apart. It may not be enough in the Prem, even with our spirit and togetherness (oh and our running too), but I suspect Daniel will make us a little harder to work out than Leeds if they ever do make it through the play-offs.

I haven't seen many of their games this season apart from the ones on Sky and I'd be prepared to admit they looked very good in the games v Derby and v West Brom, with lots of energy, pressing and passion.  However, when they played us, we took them apart, completely outwitting them and they looked second best all game.

Never or rarely watched us play yet able to pass judgement over us seems to be a very specific Leeds delusion...

Capture.PNG

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Ginja said:

Never or rarely watched us play yet able to pass judgement over us seems to be a very specific Leeds delusion...

Capture.PNG

Their delusions of grandeur are really up there. Leeds are a big club, bigger than us no doubt but I think they believe they'll go back up and immediately be a huge deal again, rather than just one of the 14 that don't count as the 'big 6.'

Guys I'm at work and can't laugh out loud, go easy on the comedy material !!

Being serious, I caught the highlights of Man U v Soton on Sunday morning.  Soton looked excellent and unlucky not to get a point.  But for both sides I was very much struck by the way they play as being what I'm familiar with seeing from Norwich this season. 

Also watching Saturday's game, it very much struck me as similar to watching a Prem side against a Champs side in the cup.

• Like 1

I hope Leeds royally **** up. Not because I think the players or coach don't deserve it, but more because their fans are some of the most deluded I've ever witnessed. They haven't been floundering around in the Championship for years for nothing. They haven't been good enough to go up. I would literally wet myself if they got to the play off finals and lost.

Sweet, sweet Leeds tears. Drink them up! 😂

• Like 1

I always loved that Brian Clough line to the Leeds team something like "I don't care about your medals, as far as I'm concerned you can throw them in the bin because you won them by cheating"

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Both Michael Benjamin and Jack Burton do make some valid points though...

Michael Benjamin: "From day one we had belief. They have had hope". One thing you can say for Leeds supporters is that they have the belief that Leeds are one of the biggest teams in the country and that they should be winning everything. Norwich supporters tend to be more realistic about our chances. We did indeed start the season with hope and for most, with no expectations. Last season didn't really give us much grounds for optimism. Only the most blinkered of Leeds fans can truly say though that Leeds have been better, more effective and more entertaining that Norwich this season though.

Jack Burton: If Norwich win the league and Leeds go up in 2nd, the news will all be about Leeds being back in the big time. Norwich will be mentioned as the team who also went up with Leeds. All the publicity (and pressure) will be on Leeds to succeed whereas for Norwich we will likely be one of the favourites for relegation as that's the usual expectation for any promoted team, especially one who freely admits we have little money.

Other than that, they are clearly talking rubbish and clearly only watch Leeds and block out the games where they are poor (particularly the game where they were completely destroyed by Norwich - the team above them in the league).

I think Leeds under Bielsa have played some excellent football, but I think given the high-energy nature of their pressing and the squad injuries they have had, it's not much of a surprise they are struggling a bit for form in the latter stages of the season. I don't think this will change.

We tend to dominate possession and force teams to press against us, which saps opposition energy, and again is no surprise we consistently finish strongly towards the end of games. As we now have some key players returning from injury, I can't see our form dropping massively.

As for their delusions of grandeur - it's all a bit Ipswich isn't it? There's no question they still have a huge level of support, and, yes, I'm sure the older generation of football fans remember the powerhouse that was Leeds back in the day, and fancy the romance of them being back in the Premier League. To everybody else they're just another team that hasn't been in the Premiership for 15 years or whatever it is now.

• Like 1

To be fair to Leeds though, in a combined Premership and Championship attendance table, they'd be 11th, so I can see why they consider themselves a big club. Pity for them that they haven't been the 11th best run, or even the 50th best run. Though I'm not sure how many teams are giving their tickets away (eg kids for a quid)

1 Aston Villa Aston Villa 629.707 18 34.984
2 Leeds United Leeds United 602.846 18 33.491
3 Nottingham Forest Nottingham Forest 477.198 17 28.070
4 Derby County Derby County 427.988 16 26.749
5 Norwich City Norwich City 439.023 17 25.825
6 Sheffield United Sheffield United 434.886 17 25.582
7 Stoke City Stoke City 452.428 18 25.135
8 West Bromwich Albion West Bromwich Albion 413.236 17 24.308
9 Sheffield Wednesday Sheffield Wednesday 433.757 18 24.098
10 Middlesbrough FC Middlesbrough FC 378.706 16 23.669
11 Birmingham City Birmingham City 376.233 17 22.131
12 Bristol City Bristol City 351.216 17

9 Everton FC Everton FC 579.361 15 38.624
10 Leicester City Leicester City 445.329 14 31.809
11 Cardiff City Cardiff City 466.514 15 31.101
12 Wolverhampton Wanderers Wolverhampton Wanderers 465.282 15 31.019
13 Brighton & Hove Albion Brighton & Hove Albion 425.514 14 30.394
14 Southampton FC Southampton FC 415.568 14 29.683
15 Crystal Palace Crystal Palace 356.536 14 25.467
16 Fulham FC Fulham FC 339.235 14 24.231
17 Huddersfield Town Huddersfield Town 346.172 15 23.078
18 Burnley FC Burnley FC 283.893 14 20.278
19 Watford FC Watford FC 282.956 14 20.211
20 AFC Bournemouth AFC Bournemouth 157.895 15 10.526

What an utter, utter, utter, utter, utter delusional and crass halfwit comment. 

I'm sure, even the most ardent Leeds fan would not really agree fully with that. 

Leeds are a team that will excite the Prem if they are promoted. But to make that type of comment on a public board and be serious, is the comedy gold that has fans of other clubs rolling in the aisles if they mess it up AGAIN. 

Showing himself up as a complete self entitled tool. How fu(%ing embarrassing for them.

1 hour ago, Icecream Snow said:

To be fair to Leeds though, in a combined Premership and Championship attendance table, they'd be 11th, so I can see why they consider themselves a big club. Pity for them that they haven't been the 11th best run, or even the 50th best run. Though I'm not sure how many teams are giving their tickets away (eg kids for a quid)

1 Aston Villa Aston Villa 629.707 18 34.984
2 Leeds United Leeds United 602.846 18 33.491
3 Nottingham Forest Nottingham Forest 477.198 17 28.070
4 Derby County Derby County 427.988 16 26.749
5 Norwich City Norwich City 439.023 17 25.825
6 Sheffield United Sheffield United 434.886 17 25.582
7 Stoke City Stoke City 452.428 18 25.135
8 West Bromwich Albion West Bromwich Albion 413.236 17 24.308
9 Sheffield Wednesday Sheffield Wednesday 433.757 18 24.098
10 Middlesbrough FC Middlesbrough FC 378.706 16 23.669
11 Birmingham City Birmingham City 376.233 17 22.131
12 Bristol City Bristol City 351.216 17

9 Everton FC Everton FC 579.361 15 38.624
10 Leicester City Leicester City 445.329 14 31.809
11 Cardiff City Cardiff City 466.514 15 31.101
12 Wolverhampton Wanderers Wolverhampton Wanderers 465.282 15 31.019
13 Brighton & Hove Albion Brighton & Hove Albion 425.514 14 30.394
14 Southampton FC Southampton FC 415.568 14 29.683
15 Crystal Palace Crystal Palace 356.536 14 25.467
16 Fulham FC Fulham FC 339.235 14 24.231
17 Huddersfield Town Huddersfield Town 346.172 15 23.078
18 Burnley FC Burnley FC 283.893 14 20.278
19 Watford FC Watford FC 282.956 14 20.211
20 AFC Bournemouth AFC Bournemouth 157.895 15 10.526

They have very fickle fans, they've had good attendances this season when they've been up the top end but I think if you go back a few seasons you'll find their attendances were much lower.

If they were in the position of Brighton or Soton or Palace in the Prem, I would be surprised if they maintain higher attendances, once the novelty of being in the Prem has worn off.

WACCOE is a very entertaining forum, makes for a good read over a cup of Yorkshire tea. It is largely made up of people who think every modern football fan recognises them as a world footballing giant. Well, I’m not sure how few seasons they’ve spent in the Premier League, but it’s not very many, but ask any teenage kid today from outside Yorkshire about Leeds, their ‘history’ and ‘size’, and the reality is that 99% of them would not see them as anything more than just a Championship team from a well known City. I’m sure older Man Utd fans etc would relish their games against Leeds again should they be promoted, of course, but they’ve not been in the Premier League for 15 years or something, and unfortunately for their egos, they will have to learn that they will have to earn that big club status they so desperately crave, which will be easier said than done in that league. Kids know who Norwich City are, they won’t see us as a big club or anything, fair enough, but certainly a recognisable name mainly because we are one of the few (current) Championship teams that do not wallow in this league for long - we have been a Premier League club very regularly, and er Leeds, well, 15 years has cleared out a whole generation. I do agree with them that the press will make huge news about them going up, should they gain promotion, but this won’t be of interest to anyone else other than Leeds supporters, and of course, the press are only there to make money - Leeds being a large amount of buys for them is the only reason the press will milk it, not because they think Leeds are a wonderful club and it’s great they are back in the PL or anything. That’s the brutal reality, they are quite similar to Ipswich, won some stuff in the past but have not been a Premier League club for many many years. Have lost their relevance, football is a different world now 👍

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, It's Character Forming said:

They have very fickle fans, they've had good attendances this season when they've been up the top end but I think if you go back a few seasons you'll find their attendances were much lower.

If they were in the position of Brighton or Soton or Palace in the Prem, I would be surprised if they maintain higher attendances, once the novelty of being in the Prem has worn off.

I'm not sure this is really true. They've not dropped below 20,000 average attendance since relegation from the Premier League about 15 years ago.

If it was down to supporters, particularly their popularity, then Leeds would be in League 2. Not all of them but football tends to generalise and I don't hear many good things said about them.

It is the age old argument again. My todger is bigger than yours and sprays further so I am more of a man. Leeds is a big city and most would expect a football team from that city to be in the highest league. But its 15 years since they were and they have have eras when they were good but only 30 years out 100 have they been in the highest league.

So unless you can remember the Revie era and O'Leary's spending spree, they aren't historically much better than us.

It is accepted that we play the best, most consistent football in this division. We have choked, his words, twice in 23 games so his reasoning must be based on hope more than reality.

But I see it as almost childlike in its content. I'm angry, it isn't my fault but you just wait, I'm coming for you.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

If it was down to supporters, particularly their popularity, then Leeds would be in League 2. Not all of them but football tends to generalise and I don't hear many good things said about them.

It is the age old argument again. My todger is bigger than yours and sprays further so I am more of a man. Leeds is a big city and most would expect a football team from that city to be in the highest league. But its 15 years since they were and they have have eras when they were good but only 30 years out 100 have they been in the highest league.

So unless you can remember the Revie era and O'Leary's spending spree, they aren't historically much better than us.

It is accepted that we play the best, most consistent football in this division. We have choked, his words, twice in 23 games so his reasoning must be based on hope more than reality.

But I see it as almost childlike in its content. I'm angry, it isn't my fault but you just wait, I'm coming for you.

Agree KG - we do play the best football in this division and to contradict this undermines any other points being made.

As for us not learning? In the first of those two 'choked' games (Derby) didn't we learn from the lacklustre finish that potentially cost us the win and keep a controlled lead against Brum in the next home game?

There must be a word for this sort of delusion where a club's success gets to a distant point in time where the fans accept where they are in the big picture with a sense of humility e.g. Huddersfield, Preston, Blackpool, Royal Engineers

• Like 1