Sign in to follow this  
shefcanary

Snoddy's arrogance strikes again

18 hours ago, nutty nigel said:

I met him a couple of times and he came across as a great guy. He also was brilliant with my grandson when he went for a signature and photo. That made a bit of an impression on me because it was past the time he had been allotted. It's funny how we can judge people by body language on the football pitch which is slightly more informative than a beauty contest.

Of course the German players are streets ahead in the respect stakes and Zimbo the best I've known in 50 years.

Have you met Zimbo, I love his passion (goes for all of them at mo tho)  when he comes round the pitch at the end (usually last)

19 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Interesting...

How many pens Indy?

Absolutely no idea of the total NN, clearly it was enough that I remember them happening but beyond that I can't say.

I'm fairly certain you weren't expecting an exact count of goals and pens though were you Nigel?

7 minutes ago, Indy_Bones said:

Absolutely no idea of the total NN, clearly it was enough that I remember them happening but beyond that I can't say.

I'm fairly certain you weren't expecting an exact count of goals and pens though were you Nigel?

No of course not. As it's so memorable a ballpark figure in over 200 games. More than 10? More than 6? 

20 minutes ago, city4eva said:

Have you met Zimbo, I love his passion (goes for all of them at mo tho)  when he comes round the pitch at the end (usually last)

Met him a few times and he's the politest footballer I ever met. A really genuine guy. I notice that he gets respect from all our opponents too. Top man 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Indy_Bones said:

Give us a couple Indy, that'll do for a start. 😀

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lappinitup said:

Give us a couple Indy, that'll do for a start. 😀

You called it Lapp. A couple. Officially three but as the red for one was rescinded I'm sticking with a couple. That's the same amount as Emi this season. A couple in over 200 games for a physical defender is certainly not memorable for being high. 

Let me get this straight, you want me to recall specific incidents of a guy who played for us over a decade ago, rather than simply accepting that someone remembers repeated instances of it happening?

Seriously guys, this is beyond nitpicking, and I wouldn't expect you to remember the number of misplaced shots Leon McKenzie had, the number of failed dribbles Lee Croft made, or the number of wayward passes Clingan made,  so don't expect me to recall Doc's defensive errors or every damn penalty given away!

8 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

You called it Lapp. A couple. Officially three but as the red for one was rescinded I'm sticking with a couple. That's the same amount as Emi this season. A couple in over 200 games for a physical defender is certainly not memorable for being high. 

I never even mentioned Red Cards NN, no idea where you've got that from.

I wasn't aware there was accessible data that clearly states "Defender X screwed up and they scored as a result" in any of the historic information about match data, I'd appreciate the link if you have this.

1 minute ago, Indy_Bones said:

I never even mentioned Red Cards NN, no idea where you've got that from.

I wasn't aware there was accessible data that clearly states "Defender X screwed up and they scored as a result" in any of the historic information about match data, I'd appreciate the link if you have this.

Those stats are for penalties not red cards.

Edited by nutty nigel

Again, can you clarify where this data is obtained from, as currently unless I look through about 200 match reports (assuming they are even available), I don't know of an easy way to check this.

12 minutes ago, Indy_Bones said:

Again, can you clarify where this data is obtained from, as currently unless I look through about 200 match reports (assuming they are even available), I don't know of an easy way to check this.

Lol. No I can't Indy. And I'm not going to trawl through over 200 match reports to find it. 

To make it easier you tell me a few of the ones you remember and I'll check those match reports 🙃

I always thought he had a terrific work ethic, but at times he took too much on himself: I remember loads of times I felt he'd be better off getting the ball to someone else. 

He seemed to have a real chip on his shoulder as well: must say a Tweet he made about the supposed English attitude of 'Brits when they're winning, Scots when they're losing' regarding Andy Murray lowered my opinion of him somewhat. 

11 hours ago, nutty nigel said:

Lol. No I can't Indy. And I'm not going to trawl through over 200 match reports to find it. 

To make it easier you tell me a few of the ones you remember and I'll check those match reports 🙃

How about the 3-1 loss to Tranmere in League 1 - fairly certain their 2nd came from a dodgy backpass by Doherty,  Poor Own Goals against Everton in 2005 and Plymouth in 2006. I also seem to remember him conceding a needless pen against Bolton in 2004 (I think). Beyond that it's just general hazy memories of bear hugging, getting turned and conceding needless free kicks on the edge of the area.

Inquisition aside, I pretty much remember seeing some kind of mistake from him in probably almost every single game, many of those may not have really cost us, or could just have been situations where the opponent was simply better, but it was SO frustrating to see a guy with a good attitude and work rate perform fairly well for the majority of 90 minutes, but you knew there was always a mistake waiting to happen every time the ball went near him, and on numerous occasions - it did happen, and on a number of those it cost us a goal in the process.

Any way, back to Snoddy. When I got home I tweeted him the link to the Norfolk County Council empty paint tins recycling centre and he said thank you. Kathy Blake - friend to the stars....

2 hours ago, Indy_Bones said:

How about the 3-1 loss to Tranmere in League 1 - fairly certain their 2nd came from a dodgy backpass by Doherty,  Poor Own Goals against Everton in 2005 and Plymouth in 2006. I also seem to remember him conceding a needless pen against Bolton in 2004 (I think). Beyond that it's just general hazy memories of bear hugging, getting turned and conceding needless free kicks on the edge of the area.

Inquisition aside, I pretty much remember seeing some kind of mistake from him in probably almost every single game, many of those may not have really cost us, or could just have been situations where the opponent was simply better, but it was SO frustrating to see a guy with a good attitude and work rate perform fairly well for the majority of 90 minutes, but you knew there was always a mistake waiting to happen every time the ball went near him, and on numerous occasions - it did happen, and on a number of those it cost us a goal in the process.

I marvelous Indy👍. Which one of those resulted in a PK?

14 hours ago, nutty nigel said:

I'm confused- are you saying that 3 is the actual number of penalties he gave away or...?

26 minutes ago, king canary said:

I'm confused- are you saying that 3 is the actual number of penalties he gave away or...?

Do you think he gave away more Kingo?

My original point was that Doc looked clumsy but was nothing like as bad a defender as people suggested and in his time was probably our best defender. That's my opinion.

Indy replied saying he disagreed and that's his opinion. He then went on to say Doc was almost guaranteed to make a major error EVERY SINGLE GAME, many of which cost us goals or pens against us.

The pens against us goes beyond opinion. Indy has yet to name one.

Yes I believe he conceded three one if which resulted in a red card being recsinded.

I've already included one of them in my last response NN, or are you saying he didn't give away a pen against Bolton in 2004, and both my memory and limited match reports are incorrect?

I have no issue with us having a differing opinion on the matter, but this interrogation demanding exact details from each and every time is beyond ridiculous, and even you yourself admit that you haven't checked 200+ match reports either, so why don't we just agree to disagree and stop this nonsense?

I respect you're opinion on the Doc and hopefully you respect mine. That's a given surely on what is a place for opinions.

However I don't agree with "Doc was almost guaranteed to make a major error EVERY SINGLE GAME, many of which cost us goals or pens against us." That's more than an opinion.

Doc played over 200 games for our beloved club and won the Barry Butler. That didn't happen through being almost guaranteed to make a major error EVERY SINGLE GAME, many of which cost us goals or pens against us.

To be fair at the time I thought Shackell was a decent defender but then he appeared on "The Hills" and I felt it all went downhill..

image.png.113c0e5b4f7700ad6be2639251b24dcd.png