Sign in to follow this  
essexcanary

Jokes on you, the game on sat is sold out

I toke great pleasure in reading on the official site earlier that the southampton game is sold out!!!

well, that kinda puts a down on this so called ''protest against worthington'' march bu not going to the game.  i''m glad the real fans will be their on sat, supporting the team regardless of their views against worthy

the protest will be outside the ground at 5.. the more fans who go to the game.. the more fans who go to the protest

jas :)

Anyone who provokes confrontation outside the ground is a witless moron.

It is dark, there are families with young children and the area is crowded with people.

If you want to protest and only put your own interests at risk then bugger off at half time.

.......and I don''t understand why the desire to support the team and help it through its troubles by attending the match means that everybody must therefore support Worthy...........

basically, we are true fans, we are backing the team, but not the manager

so the idea is:

We go to the game as usual, get behind the team, and try and get something out of the game like real fans, then we go and protest agains tthe manager...........

this way, we still support and lift the players sprits while furfilling our original task of trying to get trid of worthington

Essex

I am surprised you think that a full house will mean a full backing of the management team.  I, along with several others I know are sick of Worthington''s mis-management of our club, but, for 90 minutes will go along to support our team, or club if you prefer.

I always look forward to the time when Worthington will be gone and we might, hopefully, have someone in charge who will restore our football to the way it should be played, ie passing football.  Until that time I, and I suspect a lot of others will simply go along and support the team.  It may well be a dire match, we may lose, but that is not going to stop us supporting the team on the pitch, and therefore the club.  If any of us so desire, we may make our feelings known to the board afterwards, after the game has finished.

Things would have to be very bad for the majority of fans to turn on the team whilst they are playing.  If it got that bad for me personally, I would probably choose not to go.  Don''t mistake a full house for a full house supporting the manager.  I doubt that is ever the case, in any football club. 

Righttttttttttt  So Let me see? If by some fluke we actualy play well and get a good win on Saturday,(yes i know in the great scheme of things two wins in two will NOT mean everything is fixed) but just suppose!  will the protest still happen and what will be the reaction of the great majority of people leaving the ground? Me? i will try not to laugh!!

Its true I wont be laughing either - especially when ashton is gone in January.

Even with one of the best strikers in the division (who we cant create a decent chance for) we only have 23 goals in 23 games.

And will you be laughing when all these loan players become permanent signings with the ashton money??  with maybe fatboy trundle up front being berated by the manager for not working hard enough???