Sign in to follow this  
Drazen Muzinic

Today's Bitter, Straw-Clutching Post From TWTD

I have tried a whole mix of anagrams to make out if I T to make a telling and meaningful construction but could only come up with "Ipswich Won't" as my best effort. Can anyone else produce anything?

I guess it could get more fun to use " Ipswich Town League One" with their name. Anyway posters, here is my challenge!

And ps.... My idea was inspired by Its Character Forming's post about L1pswich.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, sonyc said:

I have tried a whole mix of anagrams to make out if I T to make a telling and meaningful construction but could only come up with "Ipswich Won't" as my best effort. Can anyone else produce anything?

I guess it could get more fun to use " Ipswich Town League One" with their name. Anyway posters, here is my challenge!

As you say, and with due respect to  'Frank Lampard's Derby County ' simply, 'League One's Ipswich Town '

1 hour ago, sonyc said:

I'm not sure I've done this right but I get quite a few:

WE STEAL FROM LOCAL CHARITIES

WE ARE NOT FAMOUS ANYMORE

EVERYTHING WE TOUCH TURNS TO SH1T

HARDLY ANY OF OUR FAN BASE HAS SEEN US WIN ANYTHING

OUR GROUND BELONGS IN BEIRUT

A TICKET TOUT HAS SCREWED OUR CLUB OVER

• Haha 5

Apparently Beirut is now a hip and happening tourist destination. So I feel that one could scarcely be more inaccurate. 

Yours pedantically,

Nuff Said

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

Apparently Beirut is now a hip and happening tourist destination. So I feel that one could scarcely be more inaccurate. 

Yours pedantically,

Nuff Said

Yes, heard the same. A tourist destination. No serious conflict for 30 years.

2 hours ago, Nuff Said said:

Yours pedantically,

Nuff Said

A hip destination? Looks like we might be visiting soon NN :classic_smile:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, sonyc said:

IPSWICH TOWN LEAGUE ONE = WE, A WEEPING UNCOOL SH|T

• Like 1

Adding "LEAGUE 1" provides a very useful U, considering the T, N, C and S already there? 🤔

Apples

Just now, Mr Apples said:

Adding "LEAGUE 1" provides a very useful U, considering the T, N, C and S already there? 🤔

Apples

WHOOPEE, WE AILING C*NTS

Is this the kind of thing you were looking for?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

WHOOPEE, WE AILING C*NTS

Is this the kind of thing you were looking for?

Feedthewolf, you have excelled! I have still been working on stuff and know that GONE TO SLEEP is in there, likewise I WEEP WITH NO GOALS but have not been able to find a finish (like IT strikers this season).

Well done for your efforts! "We a weeping uncool sh!t" is very poetic. 

It's not the easiest set of letters but I applaud your skill.

1 hour ago, sonyc said:

Feedthewolf, you have excelled! I have still been working on stuff and know that GONE TO SLEEP is in there, likewise I WEEP WITH NO GOALS but have not been able to find a finish (like IT strikers this season).

Well done for your efforts! "We a weeping uncool sh!t" is very poetic. 

It's not the easiest set of letters but I applaud your skill.

Haha, cheers! I love the anagram game.

If you wanted a bit of musing on their current plight as compared to their 'glorious history', WOE OUTWEIGHS PINNACLE works quite nicely.

20 hours ago, sonyc said:

A client we have worked with here at work in the past is an ARDENT ITFC fan.

His company name, Harrison C White, is an anagram of, you've guessed it, Norwich are sh1t.

Oh how I wanted to punch his face, although I admitted it was quite clever 😂 But he is quite a comical character. Got to have a sense of humour supporting that shower, I guess.