Sign in to follow this  
Drazen Muzinic

Today's Bitter, Straw-Clutching Post From TWTD

Jesus Christ. Suppose they have nothing else to talk about though, they've been embarassed yet again at home.

Saw one post saying how amazing it was that they'd got 23k in there despite being on the way down to league 1. He failed to mention they were giving tickets away for about 50p.

Getting some grief on Twitter this morning from the great unwashed. Apparently we're going to get beat 8-0 by Man City next season. When somebody pointed out that would be like losing 9-0 to Man Utd he was told it was 'history'. Don't really do irony do they?

• Haha 9

13 minutes ago, Kathy said:

Getting some grief on Twitter this morning from the great unwashed. Apparently we're going to get beat 8-0 by Man City next season. When somebody pointed out that would be like losing 9-0 to Man Utd he was told it was 'history'. Don't really do irony do they?

Or winning.

• Haha 1

I found another thread during my chuckle-laden visit on there last night discussing the opinions on their last day home game v D Leeds and how it would affect us. Needless to say there were several comments hoping the dirties right royally stuff them, with one poster suggesting he would be standing loudly singing 'marching on together' as it happened. For goodness sake, what happened to loyalty and self respect? :classic_wacko::classic_wacko:       

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Beetley Yellow said:

I found another thread during my chuckle-laden visit on there last night discussing the opinions on their last day home game v D Leeds and how it would affect us. Needless to say there were several comments hoping the dirties right royally stuff them, with one poster suggesting he would be standing loudly singing 'marching on together' as it happened. For goodness sake, what happened to loyalty and self respect? :classic_wacko::classic_wacko:       

It disappeared with the St John Ambulance money. 🤬

• Like 5

I saw that thread. Of couse nobody had the sense to mention that they could  play their entire squad all at once but Leeds would still walk it so whstever they do it won't affect anything.

1 hour ago, Making Plans said:

I saw that thread. Of couse nobody had the sense to mention that they could  play their entire squad all at once but Leeds would still walk it so whstever they do it won't affect anything.

I’m more concerned about Mings stamping all over our players at Villa Park. Still, if he apologises it will be OK I suppose .

I saw the thread about throwing the Leeds match. But to throw a game surely you have to start by having the ability to y'know...win a match in the first place?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

On 03/03/2019 at 18:24, hogesar said:

I saw the thread about throwing the Leeds match. But to throw a game surely you have to start by having the ability to y'know...win a match in the first place?

Too true Hogesar, I wonder if they have another win in them this season 

3 hours ago, Daz Sparks said:

Too true Hogesar, I wonder if they have another win in them this season 

I expect Lambert will have them up to beat Leeds and Sheff Utd🙃

On 03/03/2019 at 10:58, kick it off said:

Jesus Christ. Suppose they have nothing else to talk about though, they've been embarassed yet again at home.

Saw one post saying how amazing it was that they'd got 23k in there despite being on the way down to league 1. He failed to mention they were giving tickets away for about 50p.

I wonder how the season ticket holders feel about that ?
It may work out cheaper to buy a ticket for every home match instead of a season ticket.
It would have been cheaper still to not go at all !

On 03/03/2019 at 18:24, hogesar said:

Seeing how they have been playing, I thought that they had already started throwing.........

Yes will be interesting to see if they maintain any sort of crowds next year. It's one thing if you are consistently winning, but as things stand there's a real possibility they'll only have four "A-List" home games next year against Bolton, Portsmouth, Charlton and Coventry.

With the loss of TV income, their challenge will be how to get even larger crowds to watch these new teams compared to genuinely big teams.

Aston Villa is now Coventry

Birmingham is now Oxford

Blackburn is now Accrington

Bolton is still Bolton

Brentford is now Wycombe

Bristol City is now Plymouth

Derby is now Burton 

Hull is now Scunthorpe

Leeds is now Peterborough

Middlesbrough is now Fleetwood

Millwall is now Charlton

Norwich is now Southend

Notts Forest is now Lincoln

Preston is now Blackpool 

QPR is now MK Dons

Reading is now Portsmouth

Rotherham is still Rotherham

Sheff Utd is now Doncaster

Sheff Wed is now Mansfield

Stoke is now Shrewsbury

Swansea is now Gillingham

West Brom is now Walsall

Wigan is now Bury

Quite a change isn't it? Only Charlton could be argued as being an equal or bigger club to its regional rival Millwall, and Portsmouth and Coventry may still have residual big club reputations, but that is hardly a great incentive for increased season ticket sales - so good luck 👍

Edited by Surfer

I can see them falling all the way down, L1 isn't an easy league either...they'll do well to reach midtable imo

The perfect scenario would be that come the last game we are champions and Leeds need to win to get second place, they could then give Ipswich an absolute mauling in front of a virtually empty ground!

15 minutes ago, Alfie54 said:

The perfect scenario would be that come the last game we are champions and Leeds need to win to get second place, they could then give Ipswich an absolute mauling in front of a virtually empty ground!

It won't be empty Alfie. It will be full of Leeds fans. They won't even have to discount it to get a good crowd on this one. 

Going by the Leeds forum, they are planning on descending on Suffolk en masse and having a right old knees up. Hopefully we will have it in the bag by then and I for one will cheer Leeds on, as the poor old binners slip into obscurity. 

3 hours ago, Drazen Muzinic said:

A merger with Colchester might help them.

As long as they move grounds and change their name.

I suppose Ipchester Unitown has a nice ‘Roy of the Rovers’ type ring to it

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, GenerationA47 said:

I suppose Ipchester Unitown has a nice ‘Roy of the Rovers’ type ring to it

A glimpse into the future..?

image.png.2dab43219772d34c9c94e3f7e2296bc0.png

• Like 3
  • Haha 10

40 minutes ago, GenerationA47 said:

That's amazing. No sooner idly fantasised than drawn, published and invoiced.

Drazen Muzinic. Building Your Dreams Since 1982

I wonder if Duncan has considered a comic strip version of Lambert's Diaries?

Other possibilities are endless -

TV Shows - The Paul Lambert Hour...(until he gets sent off)

Musicals:

The Bin and I

The Portman Horror Football Show

A Funny Thing Happened On The Way To League One

Absolute Beginners (Like Jordan Rhodes Were Sold Cheaply)

Bugsy M(alone in the Churchmans)

I need to stop now as the noise of the barrel scraping is getting very loud!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Robert Maxwell tried that once - a merger between Oxford and Reading with a new ground at Didcot as there was train station there. The equivalent of creating Manningtree Rovers. A perfect platform for future European adventures though, what with the Harwich ferry service and all... 

...boldly setting off in search of an easier pyramid system and more affordable running costs and debt repayments abroad , post-Evans & post-Br*xit

With their very successful U-23 side this season, there's a lot of talk that they're going to cruise League 1. The idea being that they're a big Club at that level and they've got a history and tradition blah blah blah. Of course, what they're forgetting is that every Team is going to want to beat them because they're a big Club etc etc. They might do well.... but it could end very badly.