Sign in to follow this  
 Badger

Linked with Jarrod Bowen

Being a S*n rumour I am sure everyone will take this with a massive handful of salt, but I'd happily see these sorts of players as genuine targets, young and talented and achieveable if we go up.

Contract is up in 2020 so I can't see anybody paying £20mill for him. Great player though, and certainly one that would make sense for our business model if the price was right.

Just waiting for the usual wags to turn and say they'd rather sign Jim Bowen. :classic_sad:

I'm sure there's room for a 'Super, Smashing, Great' comment too.

1 minute ago, Drazen Muzinic said:

Just waiting for the usual wags to turn and say they'd rather sign Jim Bowen. :classic_sad:

It had crossed my mind😀

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, Herman said:

£20 million??

Young, English I presume, someone will have to pay that sort of money if they really want him

Having just reminded myself on how much we sold the Murphys and Maddison for, you may have a fair point. As KIO points out though, with his contract situation he maybe cheaper, but if there is a bidding war I doubt it would be as achievable as I initially thought. Still, better to be looking at these types that may have future value, in a hard headed business sense.

1 hour ago, Drazen Muzinic said:

Jim Bowen!! - I'd rather sign Mark Bowen....................................................ah..........................that's not how it works is it?

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Drazen Muzinic said:

When it doesn’t happen, we can say “Let’s have a look at who we could have signed”.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Someone out there with first-hand knowledge of scurrilous player rumours must also be able to make use of the 'nothing in this game for two in a bed' catchphrase?

Please.😉

5 minutes ago, Drazen Muzinic said:

Someone out there with first-hand knowledge of scurrilous player rumours must also be able to make use of the 'nothing in this game for two in a bed' catchphrase?

Please.😉

Reminds me of the ahem.......good ol' days Drazen............."He shot, he ****, all over Mariner's b*m, Eric Gates! Eric Gates! 

6 minutes ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

Reminds me of the ahem.......good ol' days Drazen............."He shot, he ****, all over Mariner's b*m, Eric Gates! Eric Gates! 

Hahahahahaha.

Shame ground regulations prevent similar songs about ugly binners nowadays.

Not to mention the fact that none of them shoot now anyway.

Gates - a man with a face only a mother could love.

image.png.e9b5a879b8be08e6399dd17ffd4da775.png

Edited by Drazen Muzinic
Sorry TL, I can't add anymore 'reactions' today...grrr!

I think most of our midfielders would be ok  if we win promotion,why spend all that money, think he would go to a bigger club than ours otbc

I clicked on the link Drazen but it wouldn't open - I presume that some sort of internet filter that blocks offensive images has kicked in. 

Surely this only comes into play "if" we were to go up....you'd expect him to be on the radar of any newly promoted team who would want to take the best players from the championship up with them.

Our better signings since Farke/Webber have been here have been from abroad rather than domestically, and you'd expect us ro continue in that market, the fee required for Bowen may well get us 2 or 3 players from the bottom end Bundesliga/top end Bundesliga 2

3 minutes ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

I clicked on the link Drazen but it wouldn't open - I presume that some sort of internet filter that blocks offensive images has kicked in. 

Yep - it's so bad you can't view it even if you disable 'SafeSearch'!

• Haha 1

Nothing to do with game next week trying to influence Bowen to keep his powder dry to allow City to the PL and to become PL player with City.  Cynical maybe Ii guess. However sure he would love to fit into the City side. Also sure he will not be cheap and investment not on Delia's radar,penny pinching the watchword.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

Completely forgotten about that song 😁

I would imagine we might go into European markets somehow for the better value (Germany? 😉) But then, Bowen is a classy player and would enjoy signing someone of his quality.

2 hours ago, king canary said:

Bowen has got 32 championship goals in a season and two thirds and is only 22. £20m is probably reasonable.

Unlikely with a year left on his contract. I'd imagine he's going to be around the 12m-15m mark in the summer.

29 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Unlikely with a year left on his contract. I'd imagine he's going to be around the 12m-15m mark in the summer.

Hull have an option to extend the contract until 2021 - so £20m will be the going rate. I imagine Norwich’s name in this story is just to try and drive the price up for whoever eventually does get him. 

37 minutes ago, hogesar said:

You just don't see players of his record and age going for that price these days. Bobby Reid went for over £10m on the back of one good season with a year left on his contract and being a few years older.

Josh and Jacob each went for around £10 million. Unless a mid or upper tier Premiership team wants him, I can't see him going for £20 million.