Sign in to follow this  
Saint Canary

Spin, Spin City

Normally I''m not really interested in accusing the club of spin etc but I must say I am highly suspicious of a quote on the official site.  The quote is of Deano and reads,

"I''ve always said I am ambitious and want to play in the premiership, but I am fully focused on Norwich City"

The glaring mistake on the part of the club is that they have finished his sentence in a different place to where he did because I''m sure we all know he actually said,

"I''ve always said I am ambitious and want to play in the premiership, but I am fully focused on Norwich City....until January".

Do the club really think we didn''t hear what Ashton said?

If Man City or anyone else were prepared to pay 7 million plus for Ashton I would bite their hand off!

Ashton is good, City paid a fair price, but 7 million. For that money I would sell him if we were top six and he had 12-14goals.

Listening to some of the qoutes coming out of the club, one could be forgiven for thinking that a deal has be done or is being negotiated.  Ashton statement almost sounds like he knows where he is going, or that he knows he will be gone.  Worthington''s comments just appear to be a message via the media for a club or clubs to up their offer.

Hmmm that sounds a bit like a rumour, I expect a visit from some "friends" of Doncaster later!

I think what you have said is exactly right Saint.  At the end of the day the club decide what gets put on the Official site.  They want Norwich city to appear in the best light.  Sometimes, especially in match reports, this is frankly embarrassing. 

You also have to ask the question; how much influence do the club have on EDP/EEN/Pink''Un?  Rick Waghorn obviously spends a huge amount of time with the management, players etc.  It''s also common knowledge that Joe Ferrari (spin master at Carrow Road) used to be editor of the Pink''Un.  Do EEN report what the fans want to hear and what is the truth?  Or do they write a report thinking how the club will react in the back of their mind?  Maybe since Waghorn''s Sutton incident when he first came to EEN (and subsiquently didn''t get any interviews from Sutton) has influenced his reports

I have it on good authority that Stuart Pearce is "extremely hopeful" of signing Ashton in Jan. It wont be for 7 million. It will be nearer 5. In the same way that Francis was going for mega money and in the end circumstances took over. If the player wants to go (and Ashton clearly does) the price reduces. Man City enquired on Ashton a few times last year and again this.

As for the deal being done they never are until the Fat Lady Signs. Sorry to drop names but Ray Clemence told a friend of mine last year that a deal had been struck for Green with Arsenal. It hadn''t. Things change very quickly.

Ashton will go. So will Worthington and a few others.

I hear Green is likely to go too - a London club are interested (not Ar$e) as are a midlands club.

OTBC

Greenos most likley destination id think would be Everton.. Nigel Martins almost a pensioner and Richard Wright barely plays, and his form is patchy since that injury

jas :)