Sign in to follow this  
Making Plans

71 goals

With the emergence of 'Frank Lampard's Derby County ' the Board have decided, in light of our scoring record, to re-name us Norwich City 3. 😉

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Making Plans said:

In 35 games.

At their current rate it would take The Scum another 89 games to get to 71 goals.

Not long ago weren’t you telling us Farke must go and we are light years away from the binners and they were far more ambitious than us ? Just asking

About time Farke sorted the defense. We've only let in 14 less goals than Ipswich. Why can't be be like Boro' ?

5 hours ago, Well b back said:

Not long ago weren’t you telling us Farke must go and we are light years away from the binners and they were far more ambitious than us ? Just asking

Well as you ask, here are the answers -

"Farke must go" - yes I, along with many others, was saying that.

"we are light years away from the binners"  - no, I was definitely not saying that.

"they were far more ambitious than us" - no, I have never said that.

Please try to get your facts right next time.

5 hours ago, Surfer said:

About time Farke sorted the defense. We've only let in 14 less goals than Ipswich. Why can't be be like Boro' ?

*fewer
*defence

Carry on.

Anyone know what our all time record is for league goals in a season? I seem to remember we broke it recently (maybe playoffs season) but can't remember what it was, and Google searching is proving fruitless as I can only find the tallies including all competitions.

2 minutes ago, kick it off said:

Anyone know what our all time record is for league goals in a season? I seem to remember we broke it recently (maybe playoffs season) but can't remember what it was, and Google searching is proving fruitless as I can only find the tallies including all competitions.

In recent times it is 90 I think KIO (I posted on the subject a couple if weeks ago as I wondered if we could beat our record or approach 100). We got 89 in the 80's under Ken Brown. And I could only find our highest scoring record as 99 in the early 50s.

So an average of 2 per game would see us right. Given we have just about done that through the first 35 games, game on. You'd have got some kind of odds on that being the case at the end of last season when we couldn't buy a goal! What a season this is. (Thanks by the way for quick response)

Edited by kick it off

I was wondering if through the records of championship games, if there is a close relationship or correlation between goals scored (rather than goal difference or goals conceded) and final points. I know Newcastle and Wolves in recent times got around the 100 point mark and scored loads of goals in so doing. Likewise our 2015 team under Alex Neil scored was it 89 and we ended in the high eighties.

Shows the importance of goal scorers (Premier League too). I know it's an obvious point to make but if you've no threat up front then you're spending a whole lot of time defending! And defending in the Prem against top strikers is hard. Likewise, the top end of the championship. It's why Bolton and Ipswich have struggled so much this season, likewise Huddersfield in the Prem. 

16 minutes ago, kick it off said:

1 minute ago, kick it off said:

Is that not the all competitions total?

No 1952/53 Div 3 South

6 hours ago, Making Plans said:

Well as you ask, here are the answers -

"Farke must go" - yes I, along with many others, was saying that.

"we are light years away from the binners"  - no, I was definitely not saying that.

"they were far more ambitious than us" - no, I have never said that.

Please try to get your facts right next time.

He has a point MP. There was that thread where you palled up with the gone missing King Keano.

Serious question buddy..

Could you really see no improvement last season after Christmas and then again in August?

In a word no.

I had not seen any improvement at that time, particularly as we had played 3, drawn 1, lost 2 and conceded 8 goals when that post was made.

So exactly where in that thread did I say anything like " we are light years away from the binners and they were far more ambitious than us"?

And why do you call everybody buddy?

Edited by Making Plans

11 minutes ago, Making Plans said:

What would you like him to call you ? 😉

50 minutes ago, Making Plans said:

In a word no.

I had not seen any improvement at that time, particularly as we had played 3, drawn 1, lost 2 and conceded 8 goals when that post was made.

So exactly where in that thread did I say anything like " we are light years away from the binners and they were far more ambitious than us"?

Then obviously you don't go to any games and just base your opinion on whatever the loudest ranter posts on here.

Buddy

That thread has some posts that are a real dogs dinner; maybe “Pal” or “Chum” would be more appropriate?

Mind, now we’ve started to “Winalot” more often, folk have changed their minds. 

Woof!!!

King Keano hasn't been back but at least he backed his views with hard cash. Currently £48 and rising....

We had drawn 2-2 at Brum, lost 3-4 v WBA and a last minute defeat at Sheff Utd. Having scored 6 goals across the 3 games. The next game we beat Preston 2-0.

So someone's been barking up the wrong tree...