Sign in to follow this  
Rossi

Carl Robinson

Having has so many away games I''m yet to catch a glimpse of the lad, but from people have said I''m worried. You see, as soon as he arrived, he was in the papers saying how he was so pleased to be working with one of the greatest managers blah blah blah. That maybe a dig at McCarthy, but those comments wouldn''t come from a player who was about to return, would they ?

Doesn''t look too clever from what I''ve seen.

You have to question the wisdom of both Manager and Board for statements made in the press regarding agreements to buy loan players during the January transfer window.

What incentive does a loan player like Robinson have to play well during his loan if he already knows he''s guaranteed a move in January.

Is he likely to bust a gut and get involved too much if an injury could result and the potential move get scuppered as a result ? Could be costly in signing on fees etc...

Same goes for Etuhu - he knows he''s coming so why get too involved , get injured and end up back in Preston reserves ?

From what I''ve seen of these two , they are definitely not the answer to our problems in midfield..

Have to disagree here, gents - at least from what I''ve seen of Robinson, although admittedly only at the Ricoh Stadium.  He looked comfortable on the ball and not one to get flustered and just hoof it upfield by way of a clearance. I bow to others'' greater knowledge if he''s not done much since, but I thought he got off to a good start that day. Guess we''ll see more on Saturday.

By contrast, Etuhu seems to have been effectively just a name on the team sheet. His debut against Luton was low-key to say the least; he was outshone by Wright, and all reports suggest Etuhu''s done little since. I''d send him back to PNE, but it looks as though Mr W has already written a post-dated cheque on this one ....

Incidentally, I thought Wright looked OK against Luton too - but against Colin and Fleming, I know that''s not saying much. [:)]