Sign in to follow this  
CANARYKING

Binners now THIRTEEN points adrift

17 minutes ago, sgncfc said:

Didn't he actually choose to go there over coming back to Norwich? Good decision, Tom. And him with A Levels too.

Think that was agent talk, believe we were never interested.

He went to the Norwich School, with the rich kids, where they all get straight A's (bearing in mind their current fees are around £16k a year for Secondary School & Sixth Form). I knew two people who went there, one got a scholarship, and the other lived in a converted hotel (which was so big they ran out of names for the rooms).

I'd say Ipswich have probably become my second team for this season. Whenever you're having a bad day, you can always count on them to pick you up!

Interesting Freudian slip from PL in his post-match comments, unless they just couldn’t understand what he was saying?!

“Your job is to try and win, it's still possible, but it's going to be really hard. We need a lot of work, but you never, ever stop giving in."

Would have liked to see Ipswich having something to play for against Leeds, it could all come back and bite us on the bum

3 minutes ago, Drazen Muzinic said:

Love this however, I am not pleased that the Binners have achieved a greater level of consistency in their league position while we are mucking about with 1st, 2nd & 3rd - Farke out!

The blue line looks like a scene from Holby City : It's no use, we've lost them. Time of death 4.57 pm, Saturday March the 2nd.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 minute ago, Trevor Hockey's Beard said:

The blue line looks like a scene from Holby City : It's no use, we've lost them. Time of death 4.57 pm, Saturday March the 2nd.

Brilliant THB!

I think yesterday's loss was the nail on the coffin considering their season and a crucial game against a side in the bottom 4. And you lose it in injury time. Karma right there. 

But I do think they lost everything at Carrow Road when Lambert lost his rag. That is a defining moment. It really was when he as the leader "lost it" and he took his team with him. Shakespearean.

19 minutes ago, sonyc said:

I think yesterday's loss was the nail on the coffin considering their season and a crucial game against a side in the bottom 4. And you lose it in injury time. Karma right there. 

But I do think they lost everything at Carrow Road when Lambert lost his rag. That is a defining moment. It really was when he as the leader "lost it" and he took his team with him. Shakespearean.

I think you're right sonyc - reminds me of Hamlet. Talking up the Binner's abilities is delusional and the spat at Carra Rud is the feigning madness bit. I guess Matt Gill could easily play the part of gullible (gillible!) Polonius. Invitations open for the parts of his mother and Claudius...yes I am bored today.

image.png.b769043aa97c6c565e7c5d351dd9fc18.png

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, sonyc said:

Yeah, can just imagine Lambert going - "a horse, a horse , my kingdom for a horse" ........don't think Holty would be interested though.......

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, sonyc said:

Surely PL is perfectly qualified to play MacBeth - with his thick brogue the words would roll around his mouth and emerge unintelligible, giving us the perfect excuse to claim that we have no idea what on earth he is on about.

Indeed there are parallels between PL and MacBeth : both betray their previous masters, are ruthless in their ambition, have their heads turned at the prospect of greater riches, both lose their wives, things start to spiral downwards and lead to humiliation and defeat.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  Maybe there'd be an audience for a performance of the Scottish play with Duncan and MacDuff in the yellow and green and MacBeth in blue and white? 

• Like 1

Two truths are told as swelling act to the relegation theme. I am manager of Ipswich...

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Drazen Muzinic said:

I think you're right sonyc - reminds me of Hamlet. Talking up the Binner's abilities is delusional and the spat at Carra Rud is the feigning madness bit. I guess Matt Gill could easily play the part of gullible (gillible!) Polonius. Invitations open for the parts of his mother and Claudius...yes I am bored today.

image.png.b769043aa97c6c565e7c5d351dd9fc18.png

....In peace there's nothing so becomes a man...as modest stillness and humility"

Lambert needed Henry V to guide him but instead acted the tw**

Edited by sonyc
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, sonyc said:

....In peace there's nothing so becomes a man...as modest stillness and humility"

LOL - I would've liked this sonyc but I'm having too much fun today according to the Pinkun!

image.png.d90ba2e061eaf60450c9dcd1a5df2c1f.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sonyc said:

According to Sky Bet they are 100/1 to stay up. Yesterday morning they were 12’s. It’s all over . 

36 minutes ago, Drazen Muzinic said:

LOL - I would've liked this sonyc but I'm having too much fun today according to the Pinkun!

Same thing keeps happening to me!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Drazen Muzinic said:

Me too, again. A bit trigger happy yesterday, for obvious reasons, but today it will and won't let me use them.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, nutty nigel said:

Same thing keeps happening to me!

Sorted🙂

2 hours ago, sonyc said:

Just brilliant, fantastic to find this on the pinkun !

i think they are resigned now and mentally defeated. 

Whats even funnier is that for us it’s just a sideshow, our main focus is on achieving promotion 😎

2 minutes ago, It's Character Forming said:

Just brilliant, fantastic to find this on the pinkun !

i think they are resigned now and mentally defeated. 

Whats even funnier is that for us it’s just a sideshow, our main focus is on achieving promotion 😎

Cannot do a Thank You ICF as have run out of 'reactions' so here it is in long hand!

I agree it would be bigger than a sideshow normally and yet it still offers a lot of enjoyment. Perhaps we are being spoilt. It's as if there is a script being written. I hope so. There may well need to be extra 2018/19 season review DVDs made.

Macbeth Act 5, Sc. 5...🤔🤣

To-morrow, and to-morrow, and to-morrow,
Creeps in this petty pace from day to day,
To the last syllable of recorded time;
And all our yesterdays have lighted fools
The way to dusty death. Out, out, brief candle!
Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player,
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage,
And then is heard no more. It is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

Apples

• Haha 1