Sign in to follow this  
CANARYKING

Binners now THIRTEEN points adrift

Can't beat a Saturday when we win and the binners  lose! 

OTBC

On an unrelated note, anyone else having difficulties logging on?

While I assume everyone has seen Nelson's taunting of their fans...

Readings winner is a great watch. Absolutely pathetic defending, particularly from their hero Chambers. His questioning of his colleagues mentality after the game at CR doesn't look so inspiring after that performance...

They can't score gilt edge chances and defensively they are a shambles. Seriously, they need to start worrying if there are 3 worse teams in L1!

Nelson's goal was very well taken.

When the window opened in January, they were 10 points adrift of 21st, and they're blaming Lambert because he couldn't attract better players. I doubt players were queuing up to sign for a relegated team.

3 minutes ago, Darth Canary1 said:

Tbh, they effectively went down today baring a complete miracle, what a time to be alive 

Had always hoped it'd happen in my lifetime and they've done it in total style!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Norwich R Us said:

TWTD is an absolute banger tonight! Fans starting to turn on Lambert, their worst ever manager, couldn't make it up 😂

It really is comedy gold on there,..., I never realised! I found one thread where one delusional halfwit is convinced their main problem is they ‘don’t cheat enough’, citing that Reading were expert at it today. No, seriously mate, watch again your team’s defending for both goals, a bit of time wasting really isn’t going to help you.

The weird thing is that they aren’t being hammered in games to any real extent.  For them, losing (or, often, not winning) seems to have just become a really bad habit that they can’t break.  But if you can’t take your chances and leak at the other end, that’s what you get....

9 minutes ago, Beetley Yellow said:

It really is comedy gold on there,..., I never realised! I found one thread where one delusional halfwit is convinced their main problem is they ‘don’t cheat enough’, citing that Reading were expert at it today. No, seriously mate, watch again your team’s defending for both goals, a bit of time wasting really isn’t going to help you.

This is my fave tonight...almost Binner poetry.

image.png.8964bd05523d32781605e12ed2305246.png

7 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

The weird thing is that they aren’t being hammered in games to any real extent.  For them, losing (or, often, not winning) seems to have just become a really bad habit that they can’t break.  But if you can’t take your chances and leak at the other end, that’s what you get....

Indeed, from the highlights I’ve seen they are not playing absolute stinkers- they do seem to be able to create chances but lack any striking quality whatsoever to convert them. And the defending is just laughable, they always have a couple of errors or ****-ups in them and get punished. Lambert’s team ethos and motivation cannot compensate when all he has is poor quality in such vital positions.

trying to be unbiased, I think their midfield is fairly good, as mentioned, they just don't have a few people up front that can put away passes and their defence is ineffective.

I'm quite sure that Lambert displayed some technical nouse when he was at Norwich. He certainly seemed to know what he was doing, even if he didn't.

10 minutes ago, Icecream Snow said:

I'd forgotten Tom Adeyemi was there. Managed five games in two years.

If they ever manage to get Tom Adeyemi fit, he will be immense for them in league 1.

Very unlucky with his injuries. 

Funny thing is that although their defense is REALLY bad - the worst in the league, and often comedy gold - on average they are only conceding 0.4 goals a game more than we are - 14 additional goals over 35 games. 

Too true - time for a bounce back win next week. They also still have to play Sheff U and Leeds. Hopefully being relegated already by then will allow them to relax and play football and grab a consolation point or three. 

4 hours ago, SwindonCanary said:

Agent Lambert doing a fine job 😉

Yes, he is well deserving of his place in the NCFC Hall of Fame for his work this season, and let's not forget Matt Gill as first team coach is also doing a fantastic job there. I'm not sure how Team Farke managed to get those two in position at Ip5w1ch but they have both earned their performance bonus so far.

Particularly enjoyed Lambert's description of their play as "relentless" last week, and universal praise today following their abject 2-1 defeat to Reading. Some of their supporters are still falling for it, which is unbelievable, but if they let him Mr Lambert can pretty much secure League Two football for them by Christmas. Agent Oliveira also earning his salary.

3 hours ago, Icecream Snow said:

I'd forgotten Tom Adeyemi was there. Managed five games in two years.

Didn't he actually choose to go there over coming back to Norwich? Good decision, Tom. And him with A Levels too.