Sign in to follow this  
lappinitup

*****Official Match Thread v Millwall*****

Man, that sounded like a cracking game!

Pukki's goal was a gem of a finish to do justice to the pearl of a pass from Emi.

21 minutes ago, Daz Sparks said:

Man, that sounded like a cracking game!

Pukki's goal was a gem of a finish to do justice to the pearl of a pass from Emi.

That goal was of Premier League standard ....terrific ball, control, finish. Harris said as much after to be fair to him.

Tough match today but we stil have the full package!   Thing is we are winning yet you can see we could improve still further in some aspects of the game.  Promising, to say the least.

Its the self belief thats a big factor for me, can make us appear a little complacent at times, but we believe as team that we are good enough to win, and of course we mostly do.

21 minutes ago, Mello Yello said:

I listened to those down the roads Canary Call equivalent......Comedy Gold.....

I tried but fell off the chair laughing.

Until that second goal when in, the match could have gone either way, I could not guess which team would score next, I'm glad it was us !

Prescient

Re the keeper kit - that's Lemon we were Lime ... I wish we'd just forget about away kits all together and play in yellow & green. 

I was behind the goal in the Millwall end, and they gave their players dogs abuse, and Archer certainly had his fair share. 

Archers cost them there! At fault for all 3 goals....😂

16 hours ago, westcoastcanary said:

Relax ricardo. We are currently 2 points up on matching our first meeting results against the teams we have left to play. A draw would see us matching those earlier results overall, and even if we lose we would only be one point down. If we match the results overall we will finish with 96 points ...........

16 hours ago, ricardo said:

I don't see anyone getting 96 points. 89 should be plenty enough.

The math is simple Ricky. When I first did it, we had 57 points on the board and 16 games left. We took 39 points from our first meetings with those 16 teams, so if we match that points haul in the return fixtures we will finish with 96 points. Now, with 11 games to go, we are actually 2 points better off than just matching the earlier results, so in theory could get close to Wolves's Championship winning total last year (99). If "89 should be plenty enough", we can afford to drop 8 points on our earlier results and still make it. 

Next two games yielded 4 points in the corresponding away fixtures .........