Sign in to follow this  
makham

Today's bench

The makeup of personnel on the bench today is likely to be a talking point. Cantrell's injury leaves us one short on the home grown front, I think. So maybe some creativity needed in the selection.  will Spyrou get a call up, or perhaps Oxborough in for mcGovern? Then there is the embarrassment of riches in midfield, with Leitner, Vrancic, and Tettey all fit, to add to the current incumbents in the team. Who won't make the cut? Denis, Tettey? 

Got to say that is probably the strongest bench I've ever seen in this division.

Edited by kick it off
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Strong bench....but i just hope we're not ruing 1 or 2 of them not starting the game come 90mins

Yes, as good as McLeans goals were, his overall play was just ok. He certainly wasn’t the one always looking for the ball and making things happen as a Leitner or Vrancic would

....just think McLean would be better served higher up the field...if not starting then certainly 1st reserve for anyone of the 3 behind Pukki from 70 mins onwards.

....think we're pushing our luck a bit starting him in a deeper role at a place like Millwall, when there are 2 or 3 better options to do thst role on the bench

Hope I'm wrong

Would have been hard on McLean, but I would prefer to see Leitner start, moves the ball so much quicker

Agree, I see McLean as positional competition to Stiepermann. I suspect McLean was inked in as first choice pre-season but then Stiepermann stepped up when McLean was injured.

Edited by Surfer

12 hours ago, makham said:

The makeup of personnel on the bench today is likely to be a talking point. Cantrell's injury leaves us one short on the home grown front, I think.

Are you getting Todd Cantwell confused with someone else?

image.png.b4f0462a2b93200eeb577d29b603313a.png

• Haha 1

On 02/03/2019 at 14:03, kick it off said:

Got to say that is probably the strongest bench I've ever seen in this division.

It was the strongest bench since we had Jan Molby & Steve Walsh on loan..!🤭

• Haha 1

Tough job for DF. I didn't see Saturday's game live so cannot comment on the play in general or individually. But seeing as we did win, scoring three goals yet again, it is going to take some careful thinking from DF if he wants to bring others in. What would it say to Ben Godfrey if Timm was brought back in? But conversely, is doing that making us a better side so it has to be done.

Leitner must have been a shoe in for POTS the way he was going but has been out a long time so would it be fair to say to either or both Tom and Kenny that we are going for Leitner and Vrancic or Tettey? But would those changes be fresh legs and even more quality in the passing department and what will see us over the line.

I just know we can rely on whoever is picked to fit seamlessly into the system and keep this thing we have going to the end of the season.

Yes KG, it says so much about the whole squad that the starting 11 gets to keep the shirt when they win, even when 'better' players are available.  Most of us said we'd miss Hanley - we haven't.  Then we got worried when Leitner got injured - up steps Vrancic, and when he got injured in came Kenny.  Tettey gets hurt, Tommy Trybull fills in and plays well.

Fingers crossed Buendia, Hernandez, Stiepermann and Pukki stay fit...

2 hours ago, keelansgrandad said:

Tough job for DF. I didn't see Saturday's game live so cannot comment on the play in general or individually. But seeing as we did win, scoring three goals yet again, it is going to take some careful thinking from DF if he wants to bring others in. What would it say to Ben Godfrey if Timm was brought back in? But conversely, is doing that making us a better side so it has to be done.

Leitner must have been a shoe in for POTS the way he was going but has been out a long time so would it be fair to say to either or both Tom and Kenny that we are going for Leitner and Vrancic or Tettey? But would those changes be fresh legs and even more quality in the passing department and what will see us over the line.

I just know we can rely on whoever is picked to fit seamlessly into the system and keep this thing we have going to the end of the season.

Agreed....just hope it doesnt take a defeat for Farke to pick what he believes to be his best team, lets not be wise after the event.

Playing our best team must come before sentiment especially when we see the prize on offer.

All we can ask of Farke is that he goes with his gut feeling with his selections

I hope the bench I'm sitting on here in Cromer is strong because although it's sunny there's a right good blow on🌊🚕🌞

12 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Agreed....just hope it doesnt take a defeat for Farke to pick what he believes to be his best team, lets not be wise after the event.

Playing our best team must come before sentiment especially when we see the prize on offer.

All we can ask of Farke is that he goes with his gut feeling with his selections

I think we shouldn't change the team until we do lose. Although i agree with your sentiment, i think a lot our success has come from players stepping up when the opportunity has come along. Them knowing they can grasp a place in the team when the opportunity arrives, and subsequently lost the place if there is a poor performance, it’s what is keeping everyone playing their best.

37 minutes ago, ricardo said:

I hope the bench I'm sitting on here in Cromer is strong because although it's sunny there's a right good blow on🌊🚕🌞

If you see 'flying fish' there......then you start worrying........

• Haha 1

Middlesboro will probably see changes with Leather back in, unless we slip up against Swansea oor Hull. But would prefer to see the more consistent Vrancic in the middle.

"with leather back in". Useful to know for anyone going to the game, and not wanting to feel out of place. Do you think Middlesboro will be enforcing a strict dress code at the turnstiles, Pete? 

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, makham said:

"with leather back in". Useful to know for anyone going to the game, and not wanting to feel out of place. Do you think Middlesboro will be enforcing a strict dress code at the turnstiles, Pete? 

You didn't get the email, then? Middlesboro is 'smart casual, no trainers'. Leather car coats with matching driving gloves but definitely not bikers' jackets.