Sign in to follow this  
Syteanric

McVeighs "reward"

According to the front page of this Very site.. Wee Pauls reward for

inpsiring the win over Crewe will be splinters up his bum from sitting

on the bench!

http://new.pinkun.com/story.aspx?brand=PINKUNOnline&category=Norwich&tBrand=PINKUNOnline

&tCategory=Homepage&itemid=NOED12%20Dec%202005%2008%3A31%3A30%3A090

Typical!!!! no wonder McVeigh always looks like he never gives

a toss if this is the treatment he is getting... i bet Worthy will but

"golden boy" hucks back in the team... leaving McVeigh to stew and

wonder what hes got to do to get a run in th team! although i have said

he hasnt taken the chances that have come his way, if this is the

reason why then i can understand it!

Stupid decision by Worthy!!! in order to protect him im

guessing the club will "order the story removed" or issue a statement

saying that Worthy never said it and we fans should "back the team!"

Bloody Laughable!

jas :)

He know''s what to do to get a run in the team. Perform for 90 minutes

rather than than however many he gets when on as substitute. He has had

chance after bloody chance and doesn''t take them. You cannot blame

Worthy for that, he''s been saying the same thing about zipper for

years, it''s about time he listened, THEN he''d get 90 minutes week in

week out.

yes but it will make Squiz want to prove himself. If we reward him straight away he could start being a bit wobby again with his form. Making him fight for a place is a good method

make no mistake, when a player is criticised after saving his own skin, then they definateyly do not get on well...fair enough mcveigh might not play well for 90 minutes reguarly but who has this season???? no-one, not even green.

He has also just saved NW job and the first thing hew does is PUBLICY criticise him,

Looks like tempered praise to me, rather than outright criticism...
Seems to me that what Worthers has said explains why McVeigh doesn''t start games very often whilst acknowledging the effect that McVeigh has had on games this season: "...Paul has come on [at Crewe] and done what Paul does best when he comes on as sub. I''d love to see it when he starts but we can only keep giving him opportunities... 
"...When he comes on as sub he does it - at Coventry the other week he did it, it was tantalising stuff from him. But when we start with him he just doesn''t give you the same."
I think you''d be hard pressed to find many supporters who would disagree with this appraisal of one of our most gifted players. Enigmatic players, as McVeigh can sometimes be, do tend to blow hot and cold, so why should Worthers be castigated for pointing this out..?

If you go looking for smoke, then you''ll probably find some, but rarely in the place that you started looking. The ''Worthers Out!'' campaign is starting to turn (in my opinion) into a bit of a witch hunt, with Worther''s every move scrutinised for wrong-doing and his words twisted to suit his agressor''s championed point - the poor guy can''t do right for wrong.

As a fence-sitter - based on my own informed decision, not one based on rumour and scare-mongering - I watch to see what forthcoming events bring as regards both the managerial position and City''s fortunes, but shall continue to do so with an open mind.  

I would like to see McVeigh playing regularly.

As for reward he has had it in the form of overblown praise from supporters for an isolated match-winning performance.

Must admit I was shocked and outraged by

this at first, but then he does have a point about performing over the

90 minutes.... but then you know that any other player would be

rewarded for such a performance - if Gary Holt came back into the

squad, huffed around doing nowt for half a game, then put the ball into

the net accidentally with his back-side, you can guarantee that he''d be

back in for the rest of the season!

mcveigh did well alongside deano against hull, but then did nothing

against luton.  his form has been inconsistent - sure, but if he''s

just scored 2 alongside deano, then it must make sense to start him

again - unless your name is worthy that is!

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

According to the front page of this Very site.. Wee Pauls reward for inpsiring the win over Crewe will be splinters up his bum from sitting on the bench!

http://new.pinkun.com/story.aspx?brand=PINKUNOnline&category=Norwich&tBrand=PINKUNOnline
&tCategory=Homepage&itemid=NOED12%20Dec%202005%2008%3A31%3A30%3A090

Typical!!!! no wonder McVeigh always looks like he never gives a toss if this is the treatment he is getting... i bet Worthy will but "golden boy" hucks back in the team... leaving McVeigh to stew and wonder what hes got to do to get a run in th team! although i have said he hasnt taken the chances that have come his way, if this is the reason why then i can understand it!

Stupid decision by Worthy!!! in order to protect him im guessing the club will "order the story removed" or issue a statement saying that Worthy never said it and we fans should "back the team!"

Bloody Laughable!

[/quote]

" Golden boy "  Hucks   altered  the course of the game  almost  as soon as he came on !    without him we would NOT have won  the Crewe game  ...   THATS why he`s the golden boy !  save the sneers for those players that  arent giving the club 100 %    [ a few to be going on with there !! ] .   McVeigh has  his  future in his own hands [ or feet ]     ....  if he reproduces  the verve he displayed  at Crewe   , there`s no way that Nigel   wont  use him .

Hucks isnt the reason we won the game.. we actually worked hard for once, and taking Hughes off was the reason we turned it round, we actually had some direction up front.. who replaced "captain Clap"? McVeigh!