Sign in to follow this  
CANARYKING

Leeds v WBA

Wednesday have been in decent formc since SB took over, add in that it's a derby and they have a chance to throw a spanner in their crosstown rivals works, any result is possible, personally, I'd prefer SU to stick with us and Leeds to fall away. Having said that, I don't really give a toss who else is promoted , as long as we are.

25 minutes ago, westcoastcanary said:

Whether we are "the best team in the league" is open to debate on all sorts of counts. We are certainly nowhere near the best team defensively. Why can't Leeds and Sheffield Utd be given the credit they are due? Come Monday night all three of us are likely to be within two points of each other with just a quarter of the season to go. All three are still capable of finishing the season with a points total in the 90s. 

No debate here. 

Statistics show we are the best team in the league. 

23 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

Wednesday have been in decent formc since SB took over, add in that it's a derby and they have a chance to throw a spanner in their crosstown rivals works, any result is possible, personally, I'd prefer SU to stick with us and Leeds to fall away. Having said that, I don't really give a toss who else is promoted , as long as we are.

I’d much rather Sheffield United came up with us and Leeds fall away. The arrogance of the Leeds fans is astounding

10 minutes ago, JF said:

I’d much rather Sheffield United came up with us and Leeds fall away. The arrogance of the Leeds fans is astounding

Nah. Sheff Utd fans attacked us last year for absolutely f*** all. Couldn't get out the away end for half an hour because their neanderthals had blocked the only exit and were having a pop as people came out. Wilder and his ludicrous whinging... etc etc. They really hate us, I work not far from Sheff and their fans are tossers generally. Much prefer Wednesday and their fans, far more reasonable bunch.

Leeds, for all their arrogance and entitlement are a far better bunch than the Sheff Utd lot, and I'm quite happy for the media to fawn over Bielsa next season and keep the heat off us so we can stay under the radar. To be fair, Leeds historically are a far bigger club and much better supported than Sheff U. I'm happy for Leeds to come up with us.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, kick it off said:

Nah. Sheff Utd fans attacked us last year for absolutely f*** all. Couldn't get out the away end for half an hour because their neanderthals had blocked the only exit and were having a pop as people came out. Wilder and his ludicrous whinging... etc etc. They really hate us, I work not far from Sheff and their fans are tossers generally. Much prefer Wednesday and their fans, far more reasonable bunch.

Leeds, for all their arrogance and entitlement are a far better bunch than the Sheff Utd lot, and I'm quite happy for the media to fawn over Bielsa next season and keep the heat off us so we can stay under the radar. To be fair, Leeds historically are a far bigger club and much better supported than Sheff U. I'm happy for Leeds to come up with us.

If we go up I want Leeds to come up with us ....simply because I believe this year their play deserves it. Great pressing team. Bielsa gate excluded they've been a credit to the championship with their play. Plus, the media loves to focus on them. Happy for us to play a Huddersfield kind of role, more under the radar.

6 minutes ago, kick it off said:

True. I had forgotten about that last season. Although this is a current  thread on waccoe at the moment!

The problem with Norwich isn't their football this season, for which their manager and (largely overperforming) players deserve credit.

It's that their fans are under a massive misapprehension that they are anything but a nothing club representing a pointless little city. I mean, what sort of city doesn't have a motorway to get you to it? Even Grimsby has a motorway to get you to it. But no-one bothered with Norwich...

18 minutes ago, JF said:

True. I had forgotten about that last season. Although this is a current  thread on waccoe at the moment!

The problem with Norwich isn't their football this season, for which their manager and (largely overperforming) players deserve credit.

It's that their fans are under a massive misapprehension that they are anything but a nothing club representing a pointless little city. I mean, what sort of city doesn't have a motorway to get you to it? Even Grimsby has a motorway to get you to it. But no-one bothered with Norwich...

DJ2-jK5WAAId93G.jpg

That's a pool of blood they've taped off, after their thugs put two of our own in hospital.

Edited by kick it off

West Brom revival with Bristol city through the play offs it is then!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, kick it off said:

Re JF - that's a bit rich about our "largely over-performing" players when it comes from SUFC.

Re Kick it Off - thanks for the film footage, it has reminded me that CW is an easy person to dislike. Is he going for the Guiness world record for the highest number of lemons being sucked at once  by one person? It sure looks that way. Their fans' actions last year should have received more attention from the Authorities ; it was a throwback to the 1970s - maybe like their fans.

To be fair to Wilder, win or lose, he has improved his after match speaking since then. Having come up from League 1 and everything had been going swimmingly with 100% home record, the match against us that season was probably the first time he had to deal with a setback and he handled it very badly, making himself look a bit of a pr*t. He probably looked at it afterwards in the cold light of day and realised what a tlt he had been and learned from it.   Still, it doesn't take away from the memory of what was an excellent result and day out for our fans......apart from those injured and terrorised by the cretinous behaviour of a few of their fans.

1 hour ago, Trevor Hockey's Beard said:

Re JF - that's a bit rich about our "largely over-performing" players when it comes from SUFC.

Re Kick it Off - thanks for the film footage, it has reminded me that CW is an easy person to dislike. Is he going for the Guiness world record for the highest number of lemons being sucked at once  by one person? It sure looks that way. Their fans' actions last year should have received more attention from the Authorities ; it was a throwback to the 1970s - maybe like their fans.

Wasn’t from Sheffield United. Is a post on waccoe today (Leeds)

Edited by JF

2 hours ago, Daz Sparks said:

No debate here. 

Statistics show we are the best team in the league. 

What the stats show is that we are one of the three best teams in the league. Maybe we can agree on that! :classic_biggrin:

Re ' It's that their fans are under a massive misapprehension that they are anything but a nothing club representing a pointless little city. I mean, what sort of city doesn't have a motorway to get you to it? Even Grimsby has a motorway to get you to it. But no-one bothered with Norwich...'

I moved with my young family to Essex from Norwich in the mid 1980's - shortly afterwards I bemoaned to my Dad (he was at the first game at Carrow Road back in the day) that there was no motorway link in to Norwich - 'Too right boy -keep the ****s out . . .'

1 hour ago, westcoastcanary said:

What the stats show is that we are one of the three best teams in the league. Maybe we can agree on that! :classic_biggrin:

I think you'l find that the only stat that REALLY COUNTS is the League Table, of which we sit at the Top, most points, best gd, most scored. Agreed were are one of three at the top but by your measure we could say we're one of the best 24 !!

And No thanks, i do not wish to enter a long winded debate about it. What i and Daz Sparks have stated is fact yours is opinion( which i'm sure you'd try to back up with  something). Lets leave it at that,eh.

Edited by wcorkcanary
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, westcoastcanary said:

I can go with that Westie, although my favourite stat has us just shading it. 😜

3 hours ago, wcorkcanary said:

I think you'l find that the only stat that REALLY COUNTS is the League Table, of which we sit at the Top, most points, best gd, most scored. Agreed were are one of three at the top but by your measure we could say we're one of the best 24 !!

And No thanks, i do not wish to enter a long winded debate about it. What i and Daz Sparks have stated is fact yours is opinion( which i'm sure you'd try to back up with  something). Lets leave it at that,eh.

15 minutes ago, Daz Sparks said:

I can go with that Westie, although my favourite stat has us just shading it. 😜

Simple question for the two of you. If we were to finish third, would you say we weren't after all the best team in the league? Most of those claiming we are the best team in the league don't think league position is the deciding factor.

3 hours ago, Chris said:

Re ' It's that their fans are under a massive misapprehension that they are anything but a nothing club representing a pointless little city. I mean, what sort of city doesn't have a motorway to get you to it? Even Grimsby has a motorway to get you to it. But no-one bothered with Norwich...'

Of course Ipswich being neither a City, nor having a motorway to it would know all about being pointless. But here's a couple of others without a motorway - maybe he's heard of them?  Bournemouth, Brighton. Enjoy your trips to Fleetwood, Shrewsbury, Plymouth, Oxford, Wycombe next season. 

I don't care if we're a small City without a motorway, what's that got to do with football? We'll finish where we finish, population and traffic flow will not have an impact. 

2 hours ago, westcoastcanary said:

Simple question for the two of you. If we were to finish third, would you say we weren't after all the best team in the league? Most of those claiming we are the best team in the league don't think league position is the deciding factor.

Yes, what can't speak, can't lie.

10 hours ago, JF said:

The Grimsby motorway is to get you out of the place.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Rock The Boat said:

The Grimsby motorway is to get you out of the place.

I've run out of 'Reactions' but this was worth one!🤣

Sky are desperate for Leeds and Sheff United to go up, ever since Villa and FL's Derby let them down.  How dare little old Norwich be top of the league...

• Like 1