Sign in to follow this  
CANARYKING

Leeds v WBA

Not been taking too much notice of this. But I think Leeds only taking 3 points from this week's games is the best we could have hoped for.

In answer to the question: we were +7 over Leeds GD before the start of this game...

Edited by Surfer

Yep. We are +24 whilst Leeds are +20 as it stands.

Leeds tho played one more of course. The QPR loss was a bonus for sure.

WBA have never looked like automatic promotion candidates to me. Defensively they are very poor.

I would rather have Leeds up there with us and then them to turn over Sheff Utd TBH.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Crabbycanary3 said:

Us to win tomorrow. Wednesday to win Monday. We beat Swansea. Leeds beat Sheff Utd. Easy street.............

I like your thinking Crabby

Doesn't matter how bad WBA are we haven't got to play them anymore. Our next 3 games are critical, we don't want the situation where a Leeds v Sheff Utd draw is a great result for both teams.

So if it stays like this, in the overall scheme of things, it will not have been a bad week with both Leeds and WBA losing a game and dropping 3 points.

Lets hope that Sheff W can make it a defeat for Sheff U on Monday night while bring back the 3 points from London.

Edited by Making Plans

11 minutes ago, Crabbycanary3 said:

Us to win tomorrow. Wednesday to win Monday. We beat Swansea. Leeds beat Sheff Utd. Easy street.............

Monday to win Wednesday. Wednesday to win Saturday & Tuesday.

Wba are simply awful tonight and can't cope with Leeds energy. Not impressed with Leeds quality and watching this confirms we are the best footballing side in the championship 

I have no objection to going up with Leeds, or going up with Sheff Utd, or in fact going up with anybody 🙂 Agree that Leeds are not playing precise control Farke-ball, but they are winning comfortably, and we can't begrudge them that. 

5 minutes ago, Harry53 said:

Wba are simply awful tonight and can't cope with Leeds energy. Not impressed with Leeds quality and watching this confirms we are the best footballing side in the championship 

I dont doubt we are.....if we could win some home games with a few less dramas it really is there for the taking

...just hope farke picks the right team both tomorrow and for the run in with everyone fit , midfield wise....as I believe this will be the key from here on in.

Leeds were brilliant tonight. There's very little between, Leeds, Norwich and Sheffield United in terms of overall quality. Leeds have shown their character tonight, and the connection with the fans is clear. Just like what we have with Farke and our players. The promotion race is going to the wire, I'm absolutely certain about that. 

It's two from three. Strap in!

Edited by Il Pirata

24 minutes ago, Harry53 said:

And the most deluted post goes to.....? No doubt Norwich will be up there but to say you weren't impressed with Leeds's quality tonight is laughable. If this was Norwich tonight you wouldn't be saying how poor WBA were but how good you were. You are also impressive on your day. The way we close teams down is the best ive seen in this league this season.

Admittedly we have played poor since the turn of the year (pants against QPR and Norwich) but on our day we are very impressive and today was one of those days. There is not one team in this division that has the amount of energy Leeds has. I have also seen Norwich play terrible also. 

Edited by Rob Whites

2 minutes ago, Il Pirata said:

There's very little between, Leeds, Norwich and Sheffield United in terms of overall quality.

Nonsense. It's a queastion of who comes up with us....

Wasn't expecting that, but in reality any result below us is irrelevant if we keep winning.  We have the advantage over all the clubs below us, especially as Leeds have to play Sheff Utd.   Just need to keep the faith.

To be honest Leeds didn't look half as impressive as we have. On one of their forums one of their posters made a very astute post, Leeds only actually look really good when they score early as that changes the shape of the opposition which they exploit well, that was certainly proved out tonight, WBA never found their shape other than for about 10 minutes at the start of the 2nd half...

4 minutes ago, Rob Whites said:

And the most deluted post goes to.....? No doubt Norwich will be up there but to say you weren't impressed with Leeds's quality tonight is laughable. If this was Norwich tonight you wouldn't be saying how poor WBA were but how good you were. You are also impressive on your day. The way we close teams down is the best ive seen in this league this season.

Admittedly we have played poor since the turn of the year (pants against QPR and Norwich) but on our day we are very impressive and today was one of those days. There is not one team in this division that has the amount of energy Leeds has. I have also seen Norwich play terrible also. 

You might want to take a look at how others see your team and reconsider your first sentence 😂

Some Leeds fans think their team is great and can't do wrong whatever, others criticise and have more balanced and thoughtful views on forums. The table doesn't lie though does it.

I'm just enjoying the best Norwich team I've seen. No Leeds fan has a view that bothers me much. They haven't seen the matches we have. Still think we are both the best 2 teams in this league. If we go up both could do ok in the Prem. Leeds have had a hell of a wait tbh. 

At this moment, I would rather be us though.