Sign in to follow this  
KeiranShikari

U23s tonight at Man Utd

That Portuguese lad has scored, the one who is modelling himself on Ronaldo. He might be someone who breaks into the first team.

With Idah and Power as strikers too, the future looks very promising in this department!

Edited by sonyc

Just now, nutty nigel said:

I thought he was Moroccan. The new Safri 🙃

Yes, you're right Nutty. I was thinking about Ronaldo!

He seems like someone with a bit of confidence about him. It bodes well you tend to think.

It seems our reputation is spreading, youngsters see us as a good place to develop, we give them gametime and  the academy will pay for itself. Win win. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Van wink said:

With a somewhat partisan commentary from the bits I heard😃

It's always like that Vw, I've seen games where the 'expert ' is Paddy Crerand and if they're losing he's like a regular fan, snide remarks about the officials and less than complimentary about the opposition. Surely, as well as commentating on the game, they have a responsibility to inform and educate viewers, leave the partisan attitude to the crowd and allow the audience, many of whom are neutral to enjoy a good game of football. 

9 hours ago, splendidrush said:

It's always like that Vw, I've seen games where the 'expert ' is Paddy Crerand and if they're losing he's like a regular fan, snide remarks about the officials and less than complimentary about the opposition. Surely, as well as commentating on the game, they have a responsibility to inform and educate viewers, leave the partisan attitude to the crowd and allow the audience, many of whom are neutral to enjoy a good game of football. 

You would hope so, but all they really want to do is sell subscriptions I imagine.

I have to say that as far as radio commentaries are concerned, having listened to Norwich games broadcast on other local radio stations, Radio Norfolk provides one of the best informed commentaries of the lot.

• Like 1

26 years ago, when we're at or near the top of the premier League I was in the smoking area at Dublin airport, when I was joined by Paddy Crerand, he noticed my canary pin on my jacket and as we were chatting he told me he was picking up an Irish lad coming from Limerick to take him over to man u, but the lad was late. So as a wind up I told him that the reason the lad was late was because he wasn't coming as he'd just signed for us in the McDonald's and I'd put him on a a plane to Stansted a few minutes earlier, dozy eejit fell for it hook line and sinker!!  I left him in a bit of a state and boarded my plane to Agadir.   Always nice to aggravate a man u man.

• Haha 2

Interesting line in the match report which said that Man Utd were without some of their best U23 players because of a first team injury crisis. We're without some of our best U23 players because they're playing regularly in the first team! Imagine an U23 team with Aarons, Lewis, Cantwell, Godfrey and Buendia in it!

Their after match report stated that our penalty was 'controversial '.... not something that ever happens at Old Trafford.