Sign in to follow this  
Northern Canary

What would it take for the fans to give Worthy a chance?

Can i just say im not a KTFer. i would like a new manager but i may not be as opposed to worthy as others. Anyway, what would worthy have to do from here to get the fans back on side? would it take a certain number of straight wins? a good few signings or getting into the play offs? Please try not to say "we should be top so theres nothing he can do". I know hes messed up but i want to see some different replies.

You could work it out on a sliding scale probably.

A certain percentage backing him per win.

It seems one win is sufficient to sway about 20% of dissenters so what would a win on Saturday do?

The more the swing though the harder it would be as you come into the more entrenched views.

Good question Northern

Its about a side that has some passion for the club,  plays better as a team than the 11 component parts should,  with tactics that make the most of the squads strengths and minimise the weaknesses and where footballing ability is rated higher than the strength to run around a pitch all day.  

To do that means a change in style, dropping of managers favourites, a couple of key signings in midfield and holding onto Ashton, Green and Safri.

Get that in place and the results will follow amd so will fans dissatisfaction with the manager.

OTBC

mid-table by end of year would prove city had picked up some point from

good sides. this could possibly help city hold onto its present squad.

If the performances are starting to gel, then great - i think many fans would become worthy doubters than outers.

But - look at his team selction on sat - its a crunch game and if we lost it seemed likely he''d be under severe pressure to go.

So, he plays a positive 4-3-3, but picks hughes to play left side up

front, ahead of mcveigh! No disrespect to hughes, but he''s not played

there before, so why did worthy pick him? Baffling decisions like that

don''t do the worthy cause much good. 

It''s not as simple as number of wins as far as I''m concerned. I would like to see:

• signings for positions that we actually need players in;
  • less "can play in a number of positions" signings;
  • more skilful signings not just those that work hard;
  • more positive tactics;
  • some evidence that the team actually work on set pieces in training;
  • better substitutions;
  • less of a tendency to stick with certain players even when they are not performing well;
  • the clearing out of a number of players that are simply not up to it;

I could probably go on. Unfortunately these are things that can only happen over the long term and personally I hope that Worthington won''t last that long.

A decent, sustained run of form where we play good football, score goals, play well and win matches. 

When I see it, I''ll believe it and if he does turn this around you have my absolute guarantees that I will make a heartfelt apology.  I can''t see that happening though

Yep, I think Dionysus has pretty much summed it up. It''ll take a lot more than a few good results, only totally changing the way he does his job would do it for me and that just isnt going to happen.

For me Northern, its gone too far already, if he hasn''t learned in 5 years he won''t now.

And to be honest, I just don''t like the man, Malky was treated shabbily by him, and he sometimes put his ways above the good of the club (ie private spats and keeps players on the bench to teach them a lesson, Bently being one example)

So nothing he could do would make me change my mind.

Top thread by the way my friend.

For me it''s a very simple answer.  If he can get HIS current group of players to gel as a team as per two seasons ago and perform to the level we know they are capable, I would be extremely happy.

This seasons squad contains better players than that of 2 years ago but it is just not working.

I agree, Mook, thing is that is about as likely as me being transformed into some supermodel or top rock star and starring every week in Hello or Heat magazine.    Dream on.................

My biggest gripe with Worthington is the style of football we are playing so an improvement in that area and some decent passing football would be a start.

I think it will take a lot to sway the WOs, but it cane be done. I want Worthy out as much as any, but I''ll admit that i can be wrong

Nothing, sadly.  It''s been clear for so long now that he''s simply short of quality ideas, is tactically inept, and buys one good player for every four mediocre. Nothing''s going to change that in him.

It hardly bears thinking about that a few ''results'' (incidentally, every game has a result, Nigel....) could see him there to the end of the season or even beyond. 

Whatever happens, I won''t give up my season ticket, but my 150-mile round trip to home games will seem less like a pilgrimage and more like a penance if he''s there much longer.... [au]  [:(]

i dont think i will ever fully give him a chance now.. this has dented my confidence in him so much that now its at the stage where it will always be in the back of my mind.

go on a bad run in the future and i would doubt his ability again

jas :)

Spot on Oso Butch. The rot set in last season for me games we should have won but didn''t, poor tactics,winding up other managers (Blackburn springs to mind accusing them of bullying only to play second fiddle).

One other problem that bothers me is how many times have NW team played for a full match not many either one half or the other sometimes not at all.

Lets have a change now.