True that! I would love to see him get involved and play for us more.

I feel like he's been really unlucky with some terrible injury setbacks, but also feel that he may be slightly made of glass. I'm not sure he'll be the same player after all of this and even if he does stay injury free I'm not sure how long he'll be with us for.

It's a shame as he's always looked good when he's had a game.

Edited by BobLoz3

He looks like a really strong and powerful man, I  hope that his injuries have been down to bad luck rather than any frailty.

From what I recall, his latest injury came after he had only just got back and on the field. It was unbelievable.

Edited by Van wink

Yeah. He dislocated his shoulder after coming on as a late substitute against Villa.

Then he recovered and did his ankle (?) I think. In a youth game. So unfair! But this is what I mean about his injuries.

7 hours ago, BobLoz3 said:

I'm not sure he'll be the same player after all of this and even if he does stay injury free I'm not sure how long he'll be with us for. 

I seem to remember the same thing happening to Chris Martin when we were promoted,  he got injured and by the time he was back we were headed for the Premiership and he was let go. That's how I remember it anyway and I feel Thompson could be the same, we'll need strengthening in CM if we go up and I don't think he'll be up to it. 

Louis signed a four year contract in October so you can see how highly we rate him.

This injury was a dislocated shoulder and he had surgery hopefully to stop it reoccurring. He's been unlucky but I expect to see him back.

Thompson impressed me the most of all the youngsters a year or so back. He's had a tough time alright. Always saw him as Alex Tettey successor. Hope he gets back to his best, with us. 

Edited by wcorkcanary
  • Like 3

On 01/03/2019 at 22:22, nutty nigel said:

Louis signed a four year contract in October so you can see how highly we rate him.

This injury was a dislocated shoulder and he had surgery hopefully to stop it reoccurring. He's been unlucky but I expect to see him back.

I'm sure he's done something to his ankle again, or knee, since the dislocation, Nutty. Seem to remember something about him coming back and getting injured again (in an U23 game I think)??

Anyway. I really rate him but am just concerned about the number of injuries he's had and the extent of the damage.

Yep - surgery on the shoulder dislocation that happened in the Villa game, then a knee injury, possibly in the Spurs International cup game at the end of January. Was announced when Morris' ankle ligament injury happened. Was expected to be out for 10 weeks then, so well ahead of schedule.  Can't see him being risked unless there's injuries or a huge drop off in form from Trybull, Tettey or Aarons.  In his defensive midfield role we have so many options.