Sign in to follow this  
dylanisabaddog

5,000 tickets for Wigan

1 hour ago, dylanisabaddog said:

That should be a good day out but historically we seem to come unstuck with huge away followings

We didn't at Barnsley in the 2002 play off season. 6k Norwich fans there that day, and we won 0-2. David Nielson and Paul McVeigh from memory. Great day out. 

We’ve probably done as well as anyone else with a big following...I certainly recall the Barnsley game that kept us in the play-off frame (and relegated Barnsley), and Watford a couple of years ago.  There’s obviously others where we’ve lost (Palace a couple of years ago) but ultimately even in a good season it isn’t necessarily the ‘norm’ for an away win - this season with just the 2 defeats to-date is far from usual.

I don't think this setup believes in anything other that they are the better team and can and will win. Of course they respect the opposition but are not afraid like Hughton or Neill.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, keelansgrandad said:

I don't think this setup believes in anything other that they are the better team and can and will win. Of course they respect the opposition but are not afraid like Hughton or Neill.

Wholeheartedly agree with this KG. We have demolished more than a few teams away this season. 

We need to start like we did against Bolton, Sheff Wed & Leeds rather than how we did v Preston.  An early goal for us is always good.