Sign in to follow this  
It's Character Forming

Boro tickets - points allocation

The club have listened to the criticism over the Rotherham debacle (😖) and Boro tickets will go on sale based on away points.  Next week apparently.

Makes sense but it'll be interesting to see whether there's the same demand to trek all the way to the Far North for a game at 5.30pm that's on TV....

I've been there a couple of times.  We lost an evening game there under Lambert 3-0, a rare occasion when that team just didn't turn up.  And we won last year under DF, which is a bit promising...

They said they were trying to get 5,000 for Wigan and maybe do some sort of deal with the tickets too.

Would be like when we took 4,000 to Barnsley?

Edited by nutty nigel

1 minute ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

A televised game in Middlesbrough seems a strange choice. Surely that one won't sell out ?

Millwall perhaps would have made more sense

Most certainly Rotherham but of all the remaining games i would suggest only Wigan might struggle to sell out if you base the criteria for points on the limited allocations given.

7 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Most certainly Rotherham but of all the remaining games i would suggest only Wigan might struggle to sell out if you base the criteria for points on the limited allocations given.

I remember going to Wigan a couple of times when I think they gave us the whole stand ?

• Like 1

I was at Wigan, first game of the season under Lambert, there were plenty of empty seats. If you're fan base isn't optimistic in August, you'll struggle to sell out in March. 

33 minutes ago, splendidrush said:

If you're fan base isn't optimistic in August, you'll struggle to sell out in March. 

Worked out alright for us. See three main things wrong at Norwich thread.

1 minute ago, wcorkcanary said:

Worked out alright for us. See three main things wrong at Norwich thread.

Not getting involved, before my time on here.... and (here I go, getting involved) I don't hold a grudge if someone doesn't agree with me, and I certainly couldn't be bothered scouring old threads to prove a point. Just saying. 

• Like 1

Couldn't agree more Splendido..  I was just having a laugh at the other threads expense. I think my only post on said thread was my opinion on the three main things were,1 partially obstructed views of pitch by pillars. 2. . The sun shining over the river end and 3. No statues at CR.  Hope that gives you an idea of my intention to get involved in aforementioned thread.

Cheers.

Couldn't agree more guys. I never hold a grudge if people don't agree with me. Even the ones who post hatred. I love them all.

I shall be bumping two old threads though. I should day me and my bestie Hairy will be🙃

Edited by nutty nigel

I believe away points are refreshed each season Kiwi so you keep the points from the previous season but any from the season prior to that expire.

I am sure someone will correct me if that is not correct.

I would say Boro away is probably the one game where the points system is not necessary as I can't see us selling that one out at 5.30 and with the game on sky but I suspect they got a lot of grief after the Rotherham sale where any fool could see the tickets were likely to sell out quickly and some form of priority system was appropriate. Still at least if they sell them all now using the system then that is fair and nobody with lots of points should miss out.

Good that we get 5,000 at Wigan hopefully although I would take the claims of how hard the club is working to secure that allocation with a pinch of salt as I think they give anyone who wants it the whole stand there!

For the person above asking how you sit together with different points tallies I think the answer is you have to risk waiting and applying at the time the person with the lowest points tally in the group can apply.

• Like 1

Away points re-set to zero at the start of each season, you get a set number for being a Member or ST holder but on top of that it re-starts each season

I think they were caught out by Rotherham because it's not a particularly glamourous fixture :classic_rolleyes: (no disrespect to Rotherham) and a pretty small stadium compared to say Sheff Wed or Bolton.  It's the first time I can think of this season that our away allocation has all been snapped up so quickly.

I don;t think it re-sets to 0 at the start of each season ICF as I am sure they use the number of games you went to the previous season for the priority system. otherwise everyone with a season ticket would start on 1000 points again and nobody would have priority for the early games in the season. Perhaps its a 12 month rolling tally rather than the previous season but i am sure that points from one season are carried over into the next in some way.

Your current points tally includes away games attended in 2017/18 plus this season 2018/19. However at the start of next season 2019/20 you lose 2017/18 but retain this current season and then built them up again.

This whole Rov'rum ticket debacle is nonsense.  The club announced two weeks in advance when the tickets would go on sale even if on a daft day, Saturday, and thus at a daft hour, 9am.  I put a reminder in my phone and even forgot about it, only going online on my phone at 9.08 to use the club's app, but had the tickets by 9.12.  If there had been huge queues or the app had not worked etc. then sure there should be a complaint.  However everyone who got their tickets had the same leisurely experience as me, so there really is no excuse to those that didn't. 

The only complaints I've seen are from people who say "they forgot" or "assumed that there would be no demand"!   Those people just assume they have a right to the tickets and that us "plastics" who find it difficult to get to away games other than those in our near locality somehow should stand back and let them have them.  What a load of dross - if you are a real fan you'd do what I did and set alarms and reminders - its not too difficult in this day and age.  And I'm no glory hunter, been going home and away since the sixties.

And that is why knee jerk responses from the club like making Middlesbro a points allocation match is such a sham - all it does it adds costs to the clubs admin sorting this whole business out, for what will be an allocation that won't sell out anyway!  

This whole story is just weird …….. normal for Norfolk.

I think it's pretty simple

The away points system is there to make it fair when an away game is expected to be oversubscribed.  It is simple and works fairly IMO by favouring people who have been to plenty of away games or hold STs.

According to the Rotherham website, they were told by NCFC that they expected the away end to be oversubscribed, so Rotherham should put in place measures to prevent away fans getting in the home end. 

Not exactly rocket science to join the dots is it ?

In my case I had an email from the club which gave the wrong date for when tickets would go on sale, so I was caught out when I was busy on the actual date and didn't happen to look on here until after all the tickets had gone.  Sorry if that doesn't make me a real fan in your eyes.

ICF, I know you are a real fan (think I may have been trawling as I see the Middlesbro issue a tad of an overreaction by the club). 

I also accept it was bad if you and others were given the wrong date (the first I've heard this but have noted that), which may be why the club have reacted the way they have. 

There really was nothing like rocket science required to get the tickets though. 

The releasing of tickets on a Saturday was actually quite refreshing for us 8.30 to 5 'ers, Monday to Friday types as I usually miss out on all sorts of matches and gigs when its a weekday release at 9 - I usually have to rely on other people which is never a good place to be.

I guess in the end you can never please all the people all the time, but at least we know there will be a healthy turnout.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, It's Character Forming said:

According to the Rotherham website, they were told by NCFC that they expected the away end to be oversubscribed, so Rotherham should put in place measures to prevent away fans getting in the home end. 

Never going to have that problem at Millwall :classic_smile: so I got in OK. They have an odd age of 61 for concessions but as Tilly will no doubt remind me I comfortably qualify.

Sitting next to the Directors Box so they'll probably be the worst of the lot. If I don't make it out alive a quick whip round for a bunch of flowers would be appreciated....

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, shefcanary said:

ICF, I know you are a real fan (think I may have been trawling as I see the Middlesbro issue a tad of an overreaction by the club). 

I also accept it was bad if you and others were given the wrong date (the first I've heard this but have noted that), which may be why the club have reacted the way they have. 

There really was nothing like rocket science required to get the tickets though. 

The releasing of tickets on a Saturday was actually quite refreshing for us 8.30 to 5 'ers, Monday to Friday types as I usually miss out on all sorts of matches and gigs when its a weekday release at 9 - I usually have to rely on other people which is never a good place to be.

I guess in the end you can never please all the people all the time, but at least we know there will be a healthy turnout.  

Fair enough, it's never going to be pefect.  It may be an over-reaction on Boro given it's on TV but they go on sale on Monday and by Thursday afternoon are for sale to any member (500 away points which membership gives you) and general sale on Friday. So either they get snapped up by people with away points or they go through to general sale pretty quickly.

It just annoyed me on Rotherham that the club expected the tickets to sell out so they told Rotherham about it, but didn't apply the away points thing which is designed for exactly that scenario.  But I'm getting over it....

1 hour ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

Never going to have that problem at Millwall :classic_smile: so I got in OK. They have an odd age of 61 for concessions but as Tilly will no doubt remind me I comfortably qualify.

Sitting next to the Directors Box so they'll probably be the worst of the lot. If I don't make it out alive a quick whip round for a bunch of flowers would be appreciated....

Could be interesting if we give them a tonking…. or indeed vice-versa !!!!