Sign in to follow this  
Citizen Journalist Foghorn

My biggest GRIPE with worthy

is his appauling signings with the premiership money...  I struggle to find even one success....

he has even fluked upon a good player and turned him into a bad one.....

I mean he has wrecked the squad to such an extent that we have 5 loan players at the moment (well 4 now Davenport has left)

Agreed. This summer a number of excellent players came to the end of

their contracts, or were otherwise available quite cheaply and early,

and we apparently were uninterested. Instead we signed a series of

lesser players available free or cheaply. Why?

The reason seems to be Worthy''s blind spots. He doesn''t like right

wingers, and all he looks for in central midifielders is a box to box

good motor. Skill does not seem to be what he looks for. This makes

sense perhaps if you are committed to the route one, long ball, game.

The result is that one of the best strikers we have ever had is on his

way out having received little effective service along the ground to

his feet, the kind of service received at Crewe!

If I could believe in some sort of "conversion", to an appreciation of

creative skill in the centtral midfield and pace on the right, I would

not be so concerned about the prospect of him having a pot of money in

January for team re-building. So far, however, he shows no sign of a

change from his beloved long ball and chase, and I fear that more money

will be thrown away.

What about Safri?

That''s true - one of the most talented players in the team and he spent most of the Premiership season warming the bench if he was lucky - another excellent Worthington decisison....

[quote user="Paul Rankin"]

is his appauling signings with the premiership money...  I struggle to find even one success....

he has even fluked upon a good player and turned him into a bad one.....

I mean he has wrecked the squad to such an extent that we have 5 loan players at the moment (well 4 now Davenport has left)

[/quote]

You seem so utterly determined to diss everything that I wonder whether it''s even worth debating your points with you. And one of the ones obsessed with the idea that everything Worthy has done is wrong/bad and that we''ll soon be playing in the conference. Your cup is so ''half empty'' that it must be pretty depressing in your house!

Anyway, which player was fluked upon? Ashton? I thought we tracked and chased him for ages, like a year, but YMMV. If he''s now a bad player, why has his value not halved, rather than doubled?

Just because you''re struggling doesn''t make you right. For me, Safri was a success for starters. Because we got relegated (which surprised no one) by definition our players weren''t good enough. But Doherty has turned out to be quite a good player, and you can hardly criticise signing Helveg with his pedigree, nor Bentley. That they didn''t really perform is down to them, but I don''t remember anyone really complaining when they were signed. Equally Jonson, who was/is an international player.

And can you list the 5 players you claim we have on loan at the moment? I can only think of Davenport, Etuhu, Robinson and Wright. Marney''s loan has been ended because of injury. Hardly Worthy''s fault. So we now have 3 without Davenport. Etuhu is clearly on loan with a view to permanent. Which is what everyone wanted when Francis left. Why the criticism and claim that as a result the squad is ''wrecked''...?

"i cant fault the work ethic", "we were unlucky to lose", "we played well, with no luck", "the boys stuck to the taaask" (its task nigel) "if we play like that we will winmore than we lose"

I''m fed up with the same thing time and time again