Sign in to follow this  
Hucks6

Are we nearly there

Just posted 3 examples why it's so tough to predict this League on another thread. We're still top and it's going to be a hell of a ride, would I swap with anybody else? No, but it's not over yet. 

Just now, splendidrush said:

Just posted 3 examples why it's so tough to predict this League on another thread. We're still top and it's going to be a hell of a ride, would I swap with anybody else? No, but it's not over yet. 

I don't think top 2 will be settled until 1 or 2 to play.

Whats the worst that can happen.... we get play-offs and another go next year when this squad will be even better.....

No pressure really as there was never the expectation..... Leeds, Baggies, Boro and Derby and Villa and Stoke are expectant. 

Chill, enjoy, this is just brilliant, sensational season.

1 minute ago, ged in the onion bag said:

Whats the worst that can happen.... we get play-offs and another go next year when this squad will be even better.....

No pressure really as there was never the expectation..... Leeds, Baggies, Boro and Derby and Villa and Stoke are expectant. 

Chill, enjoy, this is just brilliant, sensational season.

....provided we still have this squad?

2 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

....provided we still have this squad?

That's up to the club.... no reason to sell though, no reason for players to leave.... would they really wish to swap this to gamble on being a starter for in the Prem.     Not sure it would be wise and think DF has instilled good values in the players .... The dynamic we have is special.    Surely if we are ambitious, the players and staff deserve a significant bonus especially to stay.      Sell one perhaps but that's assuming we don't go up.....   can't see that scenario though with the depth and quality of squad we now have.

OTBC

No reason to sell?....not sure, the thorny subject at the start of the season of ourselves pronouncing ourselves a "self funded club" doesnt go away just because we're doing well

....should we not get promoted, any room for manouvre in the transfer market would still be reliant on incoming transfers.

Much of what we did last summer was down to the sales of Maddison and Murphy.

Surely Aarons would be on the radar...and maybe Lewis and Buendia too?.

There were rumours of Fenerbache looking at Pukki in January....and youd have to think that someone in one of Europes top divisions , competing in Europe must be looking?

Isnt it odd too that with just over 2 months of the season left, the manager as it stands is out of contract then?

That thorny subject was founded on the belief that Jamal Lewis was the only saleable asset left and the belief that the self-funding model couldn't produce any others which was why we were signing German fourth division players and trusting to luck. I'm amazed you want to draw attention to it GeeJay...

Let's not count any chickens just yet, but... 

Norwich have just 1 remaining game against anyone in the current top 10. All of the other top 6 teams have at least 4 such games. 5 of Norwich's 6 defeats this season have been against current top 10 teams.

It definitely feels like the stars are aligning.

54 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

That thorny subject was founded on the belief that Jamal Lewis was the only saleable asset left and the belief that the self-funding model couldn't produce any others which was why we were signing German fourth division players and trusting to luck. I'm amazed you want to draw attention to it GeeJay...

However we want to dress it up....should we not go up, without investment or parachute payments, players will in all probability need to be sold....we may have some more saleable assets than first thought but it still relates to the original point of whether or not we have the same squad to be able to go again next season?

Edited by GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary

3 hours ago, Petriix said:

Let's not count any chickens just yet, but... 

Norwich have just 1 remaining game against anyone in the current top 10. All of the other top 6 teams have at least 4 such games. 5 of Norwich's 6 defeats this season have been against current top 10 teams.

It definitely feels like the stars are aligning.

What that says is we’ve had the hardest set of fixtures to date and yet we are still top. No reason to assume that we can’t maintain our momentum, although Millwall away is one of those banana skin games where we could slip. 

6 hours ago, Petriix said:

Norwich have just 1 remaining game against anyone in the current top 10.

Two against Top 6 if you look at current form table (last 8 matches)

And that is probably a better guide than looking at the full table.

Team and current form position -

Millwall (19th)

Swansea (11th)

Hull (13th)

Rotherham (18th)

Boro (6th)

QPR (22nd)

Reading (14th)

Wigan (17th)

Sheff Weds (5th)

Stoke (24th)

Blackburn (20th)

Villa (16th)

Edited by Making Plans

We've got a really good chance, stop...but there are so many more twists and turns to come. I think we can be sure of a play-off spot . I am a believer though, we have the players to make it happen at the moment!

2 hours ago, Surfer said:

What that says is we’ve had the hardest set of fixtures to date and yet we are still top. No reason to assume that we can’t maintain our momentum, although Millwall away is one of those banana skin games where we could slip. 

Each and every game in this division is tough...that's why it's so thrilling. I still have confidence we will be at the races against Millwall.  

Ages to go yet but with nearly a fully fit squad I’m optimistic we can hang on for top two. Looking at the fixtures I think Leeds will drop out with sheff Utd and possibly Middlesbrough our main rivals. Think West Brom will just miss out. 

In truth, we only need to be at the very top of our game for 20 minutes or so in any game and we can blow anyone away.

That goes for top teams and bottom teams.

When we're on it there is not one team in this league who can cope with our intensity.

Just need to tighten up a bit at the back, be a bit more alert at the start of games, start of second half, just after we've scored and if the lights go out again.

1 hour ago, Making Plans said:

Two against Top 6 if you look at current form table (last 8 matches)

And that is probably a better guide than looking at the full table.

Team and current form position -

Millwall (19th)

Swansea (11th)

Hull (13th)

Rotherham (18th)

Boro (6th)

QPR (22nd)

Reading (14th)

Wigan (17th)

Sheff Weds (5th)

Stoke (24th)

Blackburn (20th)

Villa (16th)

A nice way to look at it Making Plans. Yet form keeps changing of course. Plus look at QPR last night. They were bottom of the current form table. 

If we trust our team, Farke's constant message about not getting ahead of ourselves and lots of games to play, then we can just keep chalking off results. 

Your list looks interesting though, have to admit.

Edited by sonyc

Not quite, however should we win our next 2 games, the way the fixtures go ( us playing on a Friday others playing each other ) we are likely to be 6 - 8 points clear of 3rd with 10 games left. With the greatest respect to the teams we are playing you would expect the way we are playing to blow at least 5 of those away. Win the next 2 and I suspect we will need to win 6 from 10 max ( maybe even as low as 5 - 87 points would usually be enough for second ).

Our 2 advantages over everyone else - injuries do not seem to effect us our squad is so deep and the bigger the pressure in a game the better we play and the only other of our rivals that seem to have that mentality are Sheffield United.

🎶happy days are here again 🎶

image.png.ef1452f21a4ca24efeb3acb51204dc18.png

I can't see anyway your not being promoted, even if you crumble and finish 3rd, which team playing for 6th will fancy Carrow Road in the play offs? Wembley might be your only hurdle, but i cant see you finishing the season there.

13 minutes ago, JUBWICKS75 said:

I can't see anyway your not being promoted, even if you crumble and finish 3rd, which team playing for 6th will fancy Carrow Road in the play offs? Wembley might be your only hurdle, but i cant see you finishing the season there.

While you are here you might have missed this.

An almost fit squad and the top teams still to play each other, whereas we have "easier" games ahead of us. It's there for us to lose now. Surely we have to be favourites at this point.

3 hours ago, JUBWICKS75 said:

No I saw it, very funny 😁

Yes indeed but what makes it funny is the fact Lambert is coming out with this same blinkered nonsense with your mob. Same $ hite but just in a different bucket.

Yes, we are almost there. The form we have right now is what we have consistently had since August  finished and till now, there has not really been any pressure on our squad, the confidence they have just seems to over ride any situation. Its not that they are head and shoulders above any other team in this division, they rarely play 90 minutes being better than the opponent, but as MP rightly said, time and gain, all they need is a 20 or 25 minute burst and they simply blow  away other teams.

Of course yes its ours to lose, we may likely have 1 or 2 Preston type banana skins in the last 12 games, but actually we can afford that. Just cannot see the lads  imploding, they score way to many goals to lose  to many. Stunning stat...we already scored 19 more goals than last season and 12 games still to go. Sheff Utd. have the same consistency as us, so its looking like the top 2 now may be the top 2 come May.