Sign in to follow this  
Bill

'poor' binners

saw this on a thread on twtd ...says so much about the direction of both clubs

" From my experience of both the Ipswich PDP & the Norwich PDC, the Norwich one is miles ahead. Pricing is similar, but the Ipswich one you have to buy the kit & the Norwich one the kit is optional up to elite level whereupon entry you have to purchase a kit package.
From what I saw with my son's experience, the Ipswich one got reinvented a few years back and started with good intentions but now the impression you get is that they don't really give a monkeys about the kids within it and nobody is treated with much respect. It's a money maker pure and simple. However because of the attitude towards it, it's not making anywhere near the money it could. I would say there were 2-3 times as many kids a couple of years ago to who are now in it at the Ipswich centre. A lot have left to go to the Norwich one which is thriving, with another centre in Ipswich opening.

Most parents who have kids in the PDP know that there isn't a clear pathway to the academy and it's just a money maker but it's good for the kids to have some 'proper' training when all they have is their local team with a kids dad who runs it and their training involved just playing a match because dad/manager has a hangover and can't be bothered to organise any proper drills. Like I said sadly Ipswich started out with good intentions but it's gone badly downhill since then.

The Ipswich PDP have very few matches organised & hardly any kids (if any) get picked out to progress higher. Coach's never stay more than 2-3 months and there doesn't appear to be any structure to what they do during the 2 course blocks. However the Norwich one, they have well organised sessions, regular matches against real teams & if any kids impress they get to train or play with the elite (or even higher). They even have tours to other clubs like Arsenal & Southampton where they go on a coach, stay at a hotel, do a tour of the ground & play a match. It's a real academy away trip experience which Ipswich simply don't do. It makes money and the kids love it so why Ipswich don't do similar is a mystery.

The last match my son played for Ipswich the coach hardly spoke to the boys, he didn't introduce himself or look like he wanted to be there. He told them to pick their own positions and then just stood watching for the whole match without saying a word. The Norwich one they did a full warm-up, organised a game plan, a pattern of play he wanted to see during the match & coached continuously throughout the game. The two experiences are like chalk and cheese unfortunately.

My son is blue through and through and would do the Ipswich PDP over Norwich every time but even he knows he got very little out of it other getting to wear the badge of the club he loves. Sad times really that they are on our patch, doing a better job of making money and coaching kids than we are. Judging by the amount of boys Norwich have at their centres there is a decent amount of money to be made that we are missing out on through either lack of interest or organisation. "

https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/454226/are-our-youth-teams-alright-compared-to-the-scum/#19

Edited by Bill

It is yet another example of the 'cost cutting' that Evans has imposed on th club for most of his time there.

Ask any binner who goes to poorman rpad and they will tell how run down and shabby the ground now looks.  Catering often runs out of certain items, and there is never enough staff.

Those in themselves are not the cause of the paupers demise, but are symptomatic of the approach that has caused that fall.

It's going to take a lot to get that club back up on it's feet, never mind just the team.

image.png.0e92f0317a8765af49296a79001e86c4.png

RIPswich

Just a reminder that the Norwich City PDC is ran by the CSF, where as the Ipswich Town PDP is ran through their Category 2 Academy. The NCFC PDC and Academy are separate. I believe Ipswich dropped their charitable arm a few years ago, so have no foundation ran programmes any more. This was a good read a few weeks ago on TWTD - https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/453477/4237364/

Edited by Browno

Also enjoyed one of their fans saying 'I hope Celtic don't come calling for Lambert' as if his two wins all season will make him highly in-demand.

Hmmm, that post you've quoted has now been 'edited' into nothing, as have some further posts by the same person which were obviously critical of town's/complimentary of city's approach to the youth coaching based on the responses they got...

Yeah, but I kinda want to know what else he said as he obviously had direct experience, one of the responses mentions a coach imploring a player to keep it down with the quote "we're Norwich, we play football, not hoofball like Ipswich" (paraphrased by me I suspect) whilst coaching in Ipswich...

10 hours ago, king canary said:

Also enjoyed one of their fans saying 'I hope Celtic don't come calling for Lambert' as if his two wins all season will make him highly in-demand.

That made me chuckle too. Just delusional about every aspect of the club aren't they?