Sign in to follow this  
littleyellowbirdie

OT - Nice gesture by Ipswich to Leeds fan.

Someone from Bedford is asked to lead the teams out ..... because he was a victim of abuse.

Maybe we could have a murder victim's family from Bedford lead out the teams at Carrow Road

"And here's Emily from Bltcheley who says she was abused as a child, not quite made TV but she assures us it was horrific... and her brother now supports City "

42 minutes ago, Bill said:

dear me

no mention of these victims I suppose

https://www.eadt.co.uk/sport/thugs-jailed-for-attack-on-town-fans-1-197579

That was 11 years ago, Bill. Also has nothing to do with what is going on here.

Yes, the guy leading the teams out is from Bedford but he's a Leeds fan. A horrible thing to happen to anyone if you saw or read what happened to him. Male or female.

Personally, I don't take any umbrage with it. It's quite a nice thing for them to do and that's it really.

err, it's not unbrage

more a case of mocking the hypocrisy and sanctimonious guff behind it

"and here's Barry from Baldock, who lost both his parents at aged eight ...............

........................ some game of cards that Barry "

"todays'minute's applause, sponsored by Dereham Funeral services, is in memory of .............reads out long list "

Dear me i hate the Scum with a passion but fair play to them with this gesture. Somebody on this thread needs to take a long hard look in the mirror.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

but you still post 😉

" leading out the teams today is Tracey, whose sad story has been featured in Chat magazine and has also appeared on This Morning, and BBC Look Out describing how she suffered when her breast enlargements would not stop growing........so a big hand (or should that be two hands) for Tracey, and an extra cheer in remembrance of her neighbour's granny who passed away sometime last year "

54 minutes ago, Bill said:

err, it's not unbrage

"and here's Barry from Baldock, who lost both his parents at aged eight ...............

"todays'minute's applause, sponsored by Dereham Funeral services, is in memory of .............reads out long list "

Yes, I know.

It's "umbrage"

As much as I enjoy the the rivalry, the banter and derisory songs toward Ipswich, some things transcend football, and this guy's courage being recognised by them is one of those. Last Saturday showed rival football fans at their finest with Bristol fans wholeheartedly joining us in a minutes applause for Denver Clinton.

Deriding Ipswich for doing something positive about something terribly negative seems  somewhat small minded.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Daz Sparks said:

As much as I enjoy the the rivalry, the banter and derisory songs toward Ipswich, some things transcend football, and this guy's courage being recognised by them is one of those. Last Saturday showed rival football fans at their finest with Bristol fans wholeheartedly joining us in a minutes applause for Denver Clinton.

Deriding Ipswich for doing something positive about something terribly negative seems  somewhat small minded.

Agree with this, historically, football has always been a working class sport, it's relationship with the local community has been the reason for its success worldwide. Therefore any event which impacts daily life is relevant, remembrance Sunday a prime example. Any effort made to recognize society's ills and to have a positive effect should be applauded. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, nutty nigel said:

A sense of honesty and community are among the things that transcend football.

Your efforts with Ray's Funds show that NN. I don't get involved as I'm somewhat cr@p at regular commitments, but I will readily donate Nigel, please remind me how I can.

35 minutes ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

City 1st is consumed by hate for our neighbours and can't bear to see them in any positive light whatsoever.

Sad really.

Nope, that's just you making up stuff.

No where do I refer to the club, merely the sanctimonious **** that is being enacted .

If there had not been a tv programme no one would have known or cared a f*ck.

As to this twaddle " any event which impacts daily life is relevant ". All events impact on daily life, that is how it works - so who is worthy of selection ?

I don't remember any of the family of the young Ipswich women murdered by Steve Wright being asked to lead out the teams.

As to the bollox about community the man is from Bedford, not Suffolk. And the wording is " well-deserving people in the community ". Apart from not dying what is his contribution to his community ?

Corporate humbug at it's worst.

We need you Daz. It doesn't have to be every week. You can come and go when you like.

What a stroke of luck Daz. It just so happens that I need a PUP with your skills to make the final selections for the game against Wigan on 13/04. I'd love it if you'd agree.

There's no need to send money for that because it's funded by our anonymous benefactor. But if you'd like to make a donation anytime straight to our presentation pot my PayPal is canaryeddie@aol.com

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Bill said:

err, it's not unbrage

You truly are a disgusting individual. 

16 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

We need you Daz. It doesn't have to be every week. You can come and go when you like.

What a stroke of luck Daz. It just so happens that I need a PUP with your skills to make the final selections for the game against Wigan on 13/04. I'd love it if you'd agree.

There's no need to send money for that because it's funded by our anonymous benefactor. But if you'd like to make a donation anytime straight to our presentation pot my PayPal is canaryeddie@aol.com

Ok NN, I'm in, but I may need prodding nearer the time 🙂

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Daz Sparks said:

I guess that's ok then?

ok with what some herbert calls me on here, then yep

59 minutes ago, Bill said:

As to this twaddle " any event which impacts daily life is relevant ". All events impact on daily life, that is how it works - so who is worthy of selection?

Anyone who the Club deems worthy. 

1 hour ago, Bill said:

Nope, that's just you making up stuff.

No where do I refer to the club, merely the sanctimonious **** that is being enacted .

Your track record on here speaks volumes. There's barely a thread about Ipswich which you haven't originated or contributed to. Wouldn't expect there to be many Ipswich fans on here but you're obsessed.

Did something bad happen to makeyou feel like this ?

Definition of a narcissistic sociopath

A narcissistic sociopath is someone with a combination of narcissistic personality disorder and definitive behavioral signs of sociopathy. People with narcissism are characterized by their excessive and persistent need for others' admiration and positive reinforcement. They generally have grandiose opinions of themselves and believe they are superior to other people. Narcissists are also frequently convinced that they are above the normal responsibilities and obligations of everyday life, so they usually have significant difficulties maintaining employment or relationships as a result. The narcissistic sociopath has this type of personality along with a noticeable lack of regard for the rights of others and a tendency to regularly violate those rights.

One noted difference between a narcissistic sociopath and people with narcissism alone is that the narcissist with the sociopathy reacts strongly and sometimes even violently to negative feedback. True sociopaths generally do not respond to criticism or care what others may think of them. A narcissistic sociopath is unable to tolerate criticism and needs constant praise, as well as deference from other people. Many with this condition present themselves in the best light possible and are able to easily charm others to gain their trust.

A definite characteristic of a narcissistic sociopath is a tendency to view others not as fellow human beings, but rather as tools or means to an end. If certain other people are deemed unable to further the narcissistic sociopath's given agenda, they are normally cast aside. People diagnosed with this type of personality disorder usually do not have boundaries when it comes to manipulating and victimizing others if doing so will lead to their own benefit. This behavior trait can usually make romantic relationships with a narcissistic sociopath particularly destructive emotionally, mentally, and often financially. Many former spouses or partners of these individuals report that recovering from the relationship can take a long time.

Causes of narcissism are commonly attributed to abusive or dysfunctional early years, although some psychologists claim that specific biological differences in brain chemistry may also be partially to blame. Exact causes of sociopathic behavior are similarly subject to debate. When these two personality conditions coexist in the same person, some mental health professionals report that treating narcissism often yields better results than most attempts to treat sociopathy. Others maintain that most narcissistic sociopaths are largely untreatable through any kinds of established therapies, so the most that society can do is establish protective measures against these individuals' destructive behaviors.

Ooh, that's uncanny.

EDIT: except for the bit that says "...are able to easily charm others to gain their trust." 🤣

Edited by Feedthewolf
  • Haha 2