Sign in to follow this  
Cheeky Monkey

Idiots at Crewe

I totally agree Cheeky, it''s moronoc and destructive. And I really do not understand why they pick on Hughes. He hasn''t underperformed as much as some players, and, when I''ve seen him, he''s tried 100%. It seems he picked a time when there''s a hardcore of sour-minded supporters who need to pick on someone, and it doesn''t really matter who. I guess the fact that he''s Worthy''s "man" - he made him captain - doesn''t help.

slagging the players off/booing/jeering etc. towards the players is going to do nothing bar make everything worst.

The players know we arnt doing well, and rely on you, the fans to lift the spirits up and get behind them, get them going, get them into the fight and with your support they can do it.

You just need to get behidn the team, ok fair enough im not exactly happy Worthless is still in charge, but thats no reason to boo the players, who are really only doing what they have been trained and told to do. The person to blame is worthington, and not the players. You can not direct booing, you boo the players think you are booing at them.

Get behind your team like a true supporter, treat as you would like to be treated, and im sure if you give them all that you have got with your voice, then they will try and let their football do the talking

Support, Dont Slag

[quote user="Cheeky Monkey"]I know fans are upset. But to hurl ''hatred'' at individual players e.g. Hughes, is not going to help one bit. Fans like these spoil everyones enjoyment.[/quote]

As much as I dislike Worthy, I cannot and will not, condone the booing of players. Its simply not on chaps!.

No Wiz, you''d much rather the team didn''t bother turning up, that way we''d be guaranteed to lose?

Am I right?

Most stupid thing I''ve ever heard, a bloke who want the opposition to win but also will not boo the players? I''m lost!

as much as I want worthy to go now, I think the players need to shoulder the blame.

At times this season some of the players commitment and passion has been very very lacking,

to a point where my two year old daughter could have done better.

So why should players not be booed, ok - insulting hatred is a step to far but booing for me is fine.

It''s time they took there fair share of the blame for our current position.

Although fans have a right (apparently) to say or do what we like, I''ve never seen or read any evidence that booing helped improve results on the pitch. Whereas getting behind players/the team has consistently been shown to gee the players up and have a positive effect.

Unless we actually want to destroy the team (*) that just goes to show the intelligence of the average football fan.

(* I''m not counting 1st Waz, he doesn''t actually go to games, just supports the opposition from his armchair. Thankfully that''s as much help to them as it is harm to our team)

[quote user="Amarillo"]

Although fans have a right (apparently) to

say or do what we like, I''ve never seen or read any evidence that

booing helped improve results on the pitch. Whereas getting behind

players/the team has consistently been shown to gee the players up and

have a positive effect.

Unless we actually want to destroy the team (*) that just goes to show the intelligence of the average football fan.

(* I''m not counting 1st Waz, he doesn''t actually go to games, just

supports the opposition from his armchair. Thankfully that''s as

much help to them as it is harm to our team)

[/quote]

I find your attitude totally out of order. First I have supported this

football club thru thick and thin, I dug into my pocket with a

substantial amount of cash when the club put out an SOS for money

during the dark days of robert chase. I used to follow the team to

every away game and have not missed a home game in nearly 5 years.

I normally leave home matches with a sore throat and only on one or two occasions have I ever felt the need to BOO the team off.

It is because the Intelligence of the "average football"  fan that

things get changed at a football club, If everybody cheered the team

off after every defeat the board of directors would

never know anything was actually wrong until relegation hit us on the

nose. It is because these supporters care and have the passion that

they feel the need to BOO.

Of course i was not there to hear the abuse on saturday and that is a step to far.

I thank god we have the BOO BOYS or we would still be left with the likes of Bryan Hamilton in charge.

On a final word look at the results this season and look me in the eye and tell me they are acceptable.

As for your attack on WIZ (who does attend games now) you really are

below the level of intelligence of the average football fan.

[quote user="Amarillo"]

Although fans have a right (apparently) to say or do what we like, I''ve never seen or read any evidence that booing helped improve results on the pitch. Whereas getting behind players/the team has consistently been shown to gee the players up and have a positive effect.

(* I''m not counting 1st Waz, he doesn''t actually go to games, just supports the opposition from his armchair. Thankfully that''s as much help to them as it is harm to our team)

[/quote]

Unnecessarily personal against Wiz there Amarillo - he does attend games apart from a brief spell this season while he recuperated from a heart attack.   He speaks with a fire and a passion about the club and has an opinion that the sooner worthy is out the better for his football club.  He gets to that aim by wanting crewe to win yet he rejoiced in a city win come sat.  Wiz does not want this club destroyed which is why he wants worthy out - he does not want worthy out and to destroy the club - the two are not mutually exclusive.

Wiz speaks from first hand experience of years of watching city and is as entitled to his opinion as the next man.  I read what he writes, disagree with some but agree with a lot of his views.  He is a provocative poster and if that upsets you just get a sense of proportion and ignore what he says - he is not forcing you to read what he writes.  He can be talked round ( I think I did so just once!) but only by putting points across rather than insulting.

OTBC

Thanks for your great support Ronbol Ronbol, but this Armarillo chap/lady raises an interesting point, unlike him/her I don''t believe going to games make you less of a supporter.

As someone who''s had a foot in both camps of late (ie.going to games) these last seven or eight months, I see both sides. I know of one City fan, who through no fault of his own is confined to bed permantly, but loves our club, in my eyes he''s more of a fan than this Armarillo bloke/lass who takes cheap shots at people like him or even me.

Yes, going to games can make us better informed maybe, but I''m not a better supporter than someone who simply cannot afford to go,  or indeed whatever reason they have for not going, I''m just proud to be a City fan like them, and I want the best, not second best, for my club,  no matter how''s that achieved, end of.

I think there is a place for the fans to voice their opinions to under performing teams/players.  It can actually be a fairly directive way of either getting the party responsible to improve their poerformance, or weed them out.  Its part of our national game.  In Japanese football all they do is dance, sing and clap.  Its great fun but there is not passion there and that''s what football is all about.  You cant seriously expect real supporters not to voice their disappointment at a team so clearly underperforming and also at some of the new signings.

On a side point, I was very disappointed with the fan''s reaction after the Fulham incident last season.  The players had effectively let themselves down and (at least where I was sitting) fans seemed fairly ambivalent.  I think channelled anger is good for motivating teams and can act as a faucet for the right type of player -THE TYPE OF PLAYER WE NEED AT NORWICH

My Amarillo touched a nerve there!

Dear me, Amarillo usually finds the lighter side to comment on, one

serious post with a little sideswipe at 1st Troll gets you all upset.

1st T. isn''t above the odd personal comment against some who''ve taken issue with his

views, if you live by the sword you can die by the sword. Amarillo

isn''t the only one to disagree with the ''C''mon Crewe/Saints'' posts that

went up last week, they were condemned by lots of Troll supporters too.

Whilst defending the right to make such provocative statements, I think

the old boy should expect some flak in return - besides, he''s proven

tough enough to fight his own battles thus far.

Don''t tell me you think the Trollmeister needs the assistance of mere mortals to deliver him from the evil Amarillo? [:P]

At least I have the common decency, unlike you Fat Barman, to call posters by their real log on name.

Yes, I know I said I''d ignore rude posters like you and Armarillo, but somethings I can''t let go, show respect and you MAY, just may, get it back.

PS. If you had  bothered to read my ''Southampton'' thread properly, the opening line said, and I quote: ''with tongue firmly in cheek'', what part of that did you find hard to grasp?.

I will not BOO players and have been a bit too harsh about hughes recently however he represents everything that was wrong with worthys transfer dealings for the last year...

He is a workhorse and we paid money for him??  He has not got the quality we need to break teams down and altho i beleive he is a good squad player too me it is madness that this is the sort of player worthy has spent the clubs money on.  A player of hughes quality could have been picked up on a free leaving cash to spend on a bit of quality..

I personally cant wait until LINVOY PRIMUS!!!!!!!!!!  the right sided charlton turns up at the club!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now that Arry is back at Pompey I cant see linvoy leaving - I think he was straightback in the starting line up last night...  at least that is one mistake avoided.

OTBC 

It makes me laugh how Worthy still wants Primus despite the fact hes turned us down THREE TIMES! now!!!!

I dont boo either, i do however make my feelings known... I did against Sheffield Wednesday (VERY vociferously, to both the players and the managmenet) and also at Derby.. that was a vitriolitc abuse aimed at the management and board that day....

There are ways of making your point.. but i wont boo

jas :)

[quote user="YankeeCanary"]

Really Wizard. I seem to remember suffering Yanky Panky at the end of your pen.

P.S. Just because I''m quiet don''t assume I''m not watching.

[/quote]

Hi YC, and welcome back.

What you say is correct, but wasn''t that 1 million years BC ago mate, or does it just feel like that?.[;)]

On a slightly ligher note,I Was at the Crewe game on Saturday,sitting virtually on my own on the far left of the away stand,in the front row.Soon after we had gone 1.0 down Dean Aston chased a ball out of play at great speed and proceeded to thunder through the gap in the A boards and up the steps next to where I was sitting.Without  thinking I put out my  spindaly arm to stop the great man,which I somehow managed to do without injury to either myself or our star striker.However as we were losing and I had, imbibed a couple of jugs of ale ,I bravely told Dean that in my opinion I would be of more use to the team as a centre foward than him.Much to my amazement  ,as he sprinted past me back on to the pitch he nodded in agreement with me.I was especially surprised at this reacion as i am only 5 foot five in height and nearly as wide.Obviously in the light of this incident I have written to Mr Worthington to offer my services free of charge as a new centre foward.I have however made my offer conditional on Andy Hughes not being on the right wing during any of my future appearances and also that I can continue to drink my customary five pints of stella prior to the game.As a P.S. in my letter to the manager I have also suggested that Mr Hughes should be made a cheif cheerleader, as whenever I  manage get to watch a game I always award him a straight 10 out of 10 for his crowd clapping performances.     

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

At least I have the common decency, unlike you Fat Barman, to call posters by their real log on name.

Yes, I know I said I''d ignore rude posters like you and Armarillo,

but somethings I can''t let go, show respect and you MAY, just

may, get it back.

PS. If you had  bothered to read my ''Southampton'' thread

properly, the opening line said, and I quote: ''with tongue firmly in

cheek'', what part of that did you find hard to grasp?.[/quote]

Sorry old chap - it''s so hard to remember which of your log-ons you''ve chosen to use at any one time!

The Wikipedia entry on ''troll'' seemed so apposite that I find it more

useful in reminding myself (and others) who we''re dealing with.

PS. If you''d read my reply to your Southampton thread, you''d

have seen me giving you full credit for your ''tongue-in-cheek'' efforts.

I quote -  "

Not forgetting 1st Troll, fair play big man, lovely topic! (just

because we disagree, doesn''t mean we can''t be nice)Wink [;)]"

If  I genuinely believed you found the Troll references offensive then I''d drop them - it''s intended as a bit of fun [:P]

I stand to be corrected if I misjudged the thickness of your skin and

will apologise if I''ve knocked your pointy hat out of shape!

My apologies Fat Barman, I didn''t spot your reference to my Southampton quote, My mistake, I  jumped in too quick..........again.

And don''t worry, my pointy hat has a permanent kink in it nowadays!.[:D]

You are of course correct to note that Aston ran up the right hand side of the stand,next to where I was sitting.I  put my mistake down to the previouly mentioned pre match lagers and to the effects of a raucous Saw Doctors gig in Liverpool on Friday night.