Sign in to follow this  
Jim Smith

Next 4 games a great opportunity to make our move but Millwall will be very tough

And I say that not because I think Millwall have any great quality but more because we will be taking a shed load of fans there so they will be up for it (they will love being able to put one over a promotion contender and try to get revenge for our late goals at Carrow Road) and because they appear to be very strong in the air and from set pieces which remains a weakness for us.

You would like to think that if we can keep the ball, knock it around and not get drawn into a scrap but if you look at how they played against Everton and the problems they caused them you can see us having a few dodgy moments defensively down there. That big striker they have (can;t recall his name - Elliot possibly?) also caused us more problems than most at Carrow Road. Don;t get me wrong I think with the way we are playing away from home and the amount of chances we create we are more than capable of winning there but if we are not right "on it" then its the kind of place you can come unstuck. 

To get the ultimate prize we will have to be "on it" every game without exception. The determination and desire increases the more the season goes on, when you are at the top - and I have no doubt we will be up for every game from here on in.  Every game gets to be like a cup final.

The fascinating thing is going to be how Farke juggles the players - we have so many good ones available and every single one of them has stepped up when needed.   How do you leave any of them out of the team when they are performing well?  When you have Klose, Leitner, Vrancic on the bench, all of whom you could think of as being first choice players and can't get a start, it says something about the season and the way the players have risen to the challenge.

Millwall is going to be tough, whoever is picked, but you just know we will be up for it....it's going to be a humdinger of a match!

Millwall will have played weekend-midweek for the last 3 weeks coming into this game so we should certainly be a lot fresher.  You’d hope our fitness levels will tell, but they’ll make it as difficult for us as they can.

Looking at our remaining 12 games I think it would be fair to say that we will be favorites to win in all of them with perhaps the exception of Middlesbrough away. They will all be potential banana skins and it will be unlikely that we will actually win them all but I'd rather be in that position than facing the top teams.

2 hours ago, Hairy Canary said:

Looking at our remaining 12 games I think it would be fair to say that we will be favorites to win in all of them with perhaps the exception of Middlesbrough away. They will all be potential banana skins and it will be unlikely that we will actually win them all but I'd rather be in that position than facing the top teams.

Absolutely, I'd rather have this set of fixtures than our last 12 games.  I'm sure DF won't need to remind the team what happened when Millwall came to CR !!  They certainly came across then as a better team than their place in the table suggests and will be a threat.  They also fouled us much less than quite a few other teams recently !.  But we must count ourselves as favourites and if we are focused and don't give away silly free kicks this is a game we should win.

Edited by It's Character Forming
typo

I'm certainly hoping that after the next 4 games for the top 4, it will see us clear with some breathing space from 3rd.

Very, very interesting few weeks coming up.

3 hours ago, lake district canary said:

To get the ultimate prize we will have to be "on it" every game without exception. The determination and desire increases the more the season goes on, when you are at the top - and I have no doubt we will be up for every game from here on in.  Every game gets to be like a cup final.

The fascinating thing is going to be how Farke juggles the players - we have so many good ones available and every single one of them has stepped up when needed.   How do you leave any of them out of the team when they are performing well?  When you have Klose, Leitner, Vrancic on the bench, all of whom you could think of as being first choice players and can't get a start, it says something about the season and the way the players have risen to the challenge.

Millwall is going to be tough, whoever is picked, but you just know we will be up for it....it's going to be a humdinger of a match!

We weren’t on it against 1p5wich or Bristol city and numerous other games this season. The most pleasing thing I’ve found is that, more often than not, we find a way to win.

We found a half hour spell on Saturday to blow BC away, we were clinical against the binners that was ultimately more important than the midfield dominance we usually have. 

Lots of games we did enough for a result (Millwall, Rotherham, bolton h, forest h) but weren’t on it for the full 90. When we have been (Leeds a, Bolton a, Blackburn a) it’s rightly been talked about as a season defining performance. As has been mentioned saturdays result was as important as any this season because it was against the form team in the championship and because we did enough to win without being at our best, and that’s what we’ll need to do to get over the line.

It all comes down to the character we have within the squad, the never say die attitude. Even against Preston when we gave ourselves too much to do, I was so impressed at how we went searching for a goal right until the very last second, I honestly can’t remember the last time I’ve seen a city side be that committed for the whole game.

There will be times we’re on it and blow teams away or grind out hard fought battles against rough sides....and they’ll be times we struggle, make a few errors and give away soft goals. It’s how we react in those games and the results that come out of those that will determine where we finish up at the end of the season.

Edited by Fiery Zac

Think the Millwall players might well be thinking about a possible FA Cup semi-final.

Those sort of chances don't come along often for most of their players.

If Preston can go there and score 3 there's no reason why we can't

6 hours ago, Hairy Canary said:

What a lovely position we find ourselves in right now. Virtually fully fit squad, all playing well. What a nice headache for Daniel Farke to endure :classic_smile:

We couldn't have asked for kinder fixtures for the final 12 games so there will inevitably be disappointment if we aren't in there at the death. I agree Middlesbrough looks the toughest on paper but Villa often give us a bloody nose at Villa Park but what an awayday that promises to be.

There'll be results that won't go to form but we've been playing so consistently well since those first six wobbly games it's no surprise we're the bookies favourites.

Fingers crossed.....