Sign in to follow this  
PaulineFowler

Millwall away pub to meet

I know it's not safe around the ground, but is there a pub we can takeover for drinks and songs before the match? There is 20 of us and want somewhere to go. 

Any ideas?

5 minutes ago, PaulineFowler said:

I know it's not safe around the ground, but is there a pub we can takeover for drinks and songs before the match? There is 20 of us and want somewhere to go. 

Any ideas?

The queen Vic ?

• Haha 1

If you like craft beers then it isn't far from the Bermondsy Beer Mile that has a load of brewery tap type places in a small area. Might be a bit more hipster than what you're after though!

Plenty around London Bridge, then get train from LB to South Bermondsey, straight into the 'cage' to the away end when ready. Think Bunch of Grapes and Barrowboy and Banker are the generally recommended ones for away fans, have been to both.

• Like 1

The Barrow Boy and Banker and many of the pubs around London Bridge wont let you in with colours on.  I happened to be in the area on a match day this season and wasn't allowed in as I had an American Football hat on, which I offered to remove.  

Agreed. London Bridge area pubs are best although i'd stay away from the ones in the station as a lot of Kent/SEL Millwall fans have to go via LB too. Bermondsey street is a great call if you want to get away from it...my tip would be the Woolpack, it has a nice beer garden if the weather stays as it is.

Some great pubs around London Bridge, all with character and proper beer:

The Market Porter

The George

The Wheatsheaf

The Anchor

The Horseshoe

9 hours ago, PaulineFowler said:

Any ideas?

If you want to 'take over' a pub in East/South East  London you're asking for trouble. If you just want to have a drink, the list is endless. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, splendidrush said:

If you want to 'take over' a pub in East/South East  London you're asking for trouble. If you just want to have a drink, the list is endless. 

Sound advice.

If Pauline & Co try anything else around Millwall's patch they might find that A & E is somewhere else they have to go....

12 hours ago, ChelmsfordCanary said:

Think their are about 5 of us Chelmsford Canaries and we are going to head for borough market area wheatsheaf or market porter for beers and a song or two....

See you there!

• Thanks 1