Sign in to follow this  
ec-p

She’s one of our own - OT

Congratulations to the lovely Olivia Colman on her great Oscar success last night.

would love to hear “ she’s one of our own” ringing out at the Carra. 

8 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

That's strange, West Country news are saying it's one of their own, due to learning her trade  As a graduate of the Bristol old Vic.

She’s Norfolk born and bred. 

Always what happens isn't it? Someone does well and then everyone crawls out of the woodwork to somehow piggy back off their success.

I love Olivia Colman and think she's great, ever since Peep Show days. But I had no idea she was born in Norfolk until recently! I guess, that with her surname, I should have worked it out sooner!

I dare say she’s moved about over the years but you generally class where you’re born/raised as where you are from.  

Olivia was on ‘who do you think you are’ and I’m pretty sure she mentioned she was proud to come from Norwich....though that bit may be me misremembering!

Congratulations to her for her award. Her speech was described as the best of the night. If the exert I have seen is representative of the whole speech then. I'm glad I didn't hear the worst one. I really find these luvvy speeches cringeworthy. The "really, theyv'e picked me, I never expected it" look of shock they have when the winner is announced is worthy of an award in itself.

Her parents still live in Norfolk and she did indeed say she is proud to come from the county, i am reasonably sure that there was a fellow Norfolkian in the audience at a recent awards bash and she got quite excited and offered to have a chat with said person........

2 minutes ago, Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB said:

Her parents still live in Norfolk and she did indeed say she is proud to come from the county, i am reasonably sure that there was a fellow Norfolkian in the audience at a recent awards bash and she got quite excited and offered to have a chat with said person........

True. That person was from Kings Lynn!

Nothing more boring than awards programmes. 

Who watches this rubbish and who cares anyway.

As the great Zappa once said, award programmes are only for the benefit of American TV Companies who organize these shows simply to attract all those well known actors etc just so they can charge more for the advertising slots.