Sign in to follow this  
Web Team - Celia Sutton

Who would you choose to replace Nigel Worthington as manager?

The Pink ''Un is asking you for your suggestions for a replacement

for Nigel Worthington as Norwich City manager, should he leave the club.

Lawrie Sanchez, Mike Newell, George Burley and Sir Bobby Robson are

some of the names already in the mix - but what do you think?

As a result of your suggestions, a poll will be created and you''ll be able to vote.

I did pm you earlier Celia.  But now I can reply, here it is....

Hi Celia

I went to reply to your pinned thread and then realised I couldn''t!  Will the poll be placed on the Pink''Un home page?  Could I also suggest a thread on here as well?  Just so only people registered on here could vote.  At least that way we''d know it was representative of Norwich fans views

Thank you for listening to fans concerns.  We really do appreciate it

I must say that I think this is a premature thing to start, especially in light of the boards apparent backing of Worthington throughout the transfer window, and the sale of our top names. This to me is nothing shy of trying to keep the pressure on the board. Excellent!Keep Going!

I would rather go for someone with a bit more drive about them - say Phil Parkinson, Steve Tilson or Martin Allen.  Failing that, I would favour an approach for Mark Bowen & Ian Crook as our ''dream team''!

The poll will go on the Pink ''Un home page. You can use this thread (or

the other recent ones) for discussion. We could also do a poll within

the forums, although it could be confusing which poll is the key one,

and it still wouldn''t stop non-Norwich fans voting because all they''d

have to do is register (although it would probably limit their numbers).

George Burley and I actually think there is every chance he will take over. A friend of Delia plus he and family live locally.

Whoever it is - pleeeeese sooner rather than later. I''m off to Crewe and I''m desperate to rekindle pride in my team!!

Peter Taylor - do me a favour. He is the only manager tactically worse than the one we have. How on earth did he allow Hucks the freedom of the pitch when we played him, u21 fiasco etc. NO WAY.

If we want a direct replacement Mr Bean.

If we ant to move up the table Steve Tilson has done a great job at Southend as has Kenny Jackett at Swansea.  Sad to say though I don''t think either would come.  Ditto Adie Boothroyd.

I''d love to see Ian Crook in charge but to be honest that would be one hell of a gamble.

Personally I would choose Gus Hiddink or Fabio Capello

But back in the real world.. I think Temp the revelators suggestions are very sound, Crook looks like an outside bet as a bright young prospect, Burley is probably too hot a prospect (as is ONeill).

The Swansea manager (Jackett?) or Boothroyd are all good suggestions too. 

But as with most appointments it could be someone out of the Curle perhaps.

OTBC

Realistically (so, regrettably, no Martin O''Neill, even if his domestic circumstances were to allow it) any of the following:

• George Burley

• Ian Crook

• Mark Bowen

Failing all of which:

• Sir Bobby Robson as football coach/transfer money-spender

and Mr W booted upstairs, in accordance with the Peter Principle (if the Board can''t get him to quit) .......

At the risk of gettng laughed at..... .Mike Walker, yes, I know he''s been out of the games a few years, but class is for ever.

And Crooky as 1st team coach, he could teach them to pass!.

Failing that George Burely.

[quote user="Herb"]Anyone but Burley.
[/quote]

Why? He would be my ideal manager. But I still think there is zero chance of him wanting to come here (Not due to the ipswich factor, more that he could do better than us)

Although George Burley is supposedly a good manager, how on earth can we spend years chanting abuse at him and then welcome him to our club?

Some people are suggesting Martin O''Neill. For me this just confirms how deluded and unrealistic some fans are. George Graham? Bobby Robson?

No, we need a young, up and coming manager with a proven track record of getting a Championship club promoted. Surely the likes of Paul Jewell would give their right arm to come to Norwich. All Delia has to do is give him a call.