Sign in to follow this  
Fiery Zac

Leicester sack Puel

I agree but Leicester would be an attractive proposition. If the board there want a project (and with their finances and squad they can afford to be patient) then a manager like Farke would be a perfect fit. For Farke too (like Maddison) it’s the next logical stepping stone.

However I think (and hope) it’s come too early and Farke will finish the job this season and then continue the work in the PL. He certainly comes across loyal and has said so in numerous interviews but couldn’t blame him for also being ambitious.

“Wouldn't mind seeing Daniel Farkes name in the mix, doing a great job at Norwich, think he'd be worth a punt.”

A quick glance at their forum (yes, I’m bored) and one mention of Farke from a fan on the 2nd page of their ‘next manager’ thread. The majority want a ‘name’ like Benitez, Rodgers, Dyche, Wenger. Wagner also seems to be a favourite on there. They seem agreed it needs to be someone with PL experience....I agree!

It is actually quite rare for a premier League team to appoint someone straight out of the championship so I think we'll be ok.

26 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

I doubt we need to worry about DF, for now.  PL is a different beast and I would imagine they’ll go for someone with experience at that level. 

Someone like Alex Neil you mean? 🤪

2 hours ago, Branston Pickle said:

I doubt we need to worry about DF, for now.  PL is a different beast and I would imagine they’ll go for someone with experience at that level. 

Paul Lambert? 

One of the big arguments I've read for why Puel didn't work out is that he likes to play a possession-based passing game and play the ball out, which doesn't suit the style of the players at Leicester (Vardy in particular) or the desire of the fans for exciting, attacking football. I suspect Farke's style of play, while far more attacking than Puel's, still wouldn't really work particularly well with the players they have. It's noticeable that we've finally managed to implement that style successfully this season now that Farke has got his own men in every position and has had the time to impress his ideas on the group... My guess is he'd have to do the same thing again at Leicester and I'm not sure their fans would give him 18 months to get it right. 

Having said that, I do hope this possible threat is the kick up the backside the club needs to get Farke's new contract signed and sealed - The longer it goes on, the harder it is to understand why it's not done yet.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Diane said:
  • 4/6 Brendan Rodgers
  • 11/2 David Wagner
  • 6/1 Neil Lennon
  • 7/1 Michael Appleton
  • 9/1 Nigel Pearson
  • 12/1 Rafa Benitez

Neil Lennon baffled me until I remembered the Leicester connection. Rodgers seems to be the only name being discussed seriously though.

Farke has been given license to mould the club to the style he wants to play. We're in with a very good chance of premier league football next season backed up by an excellent academy and a fan base where he's well on his way to becoming a god. 

I'm not saying he can't be tempted away, but he strikes me as a person who goes in for something for the long haul. 

32 minutes ago, andyc24_uk said:

Having said that, I do hope this possible threat is the kick up the backside the club needs to get Farke's new contract signed and sealed - The longer it goes on, the harder it is to understand why it's not done yet

I wouldn’t be the least bit surprised if if he hasn’t already signed a new deal

12 minutes ago, Making Plans said:

Looks like Brendan Rodgers then

Farke to Celtic

I get a probably unreasonable amount of enjoyment from seeing Scottish football fans get reminded about how insignificant their league is, so this morning has been a treat for me.

Reported in Irish radio that Brenda Rogers has been 'reluctantly' been given permission to speak with Leicester. It's seems that without significant investment ,BR has taken Celtic as far as he can. Hence him jumping ship to the foxes. He won't enjoy as many league wins as in Scotland and no semi automatic qualification for European competition.  

Maybe he'll be in the market for an even bigger Painting of himself in his house.