Sign in to follow this  
The Great Drinkell

Burley's Comments

On my way back from Derby I tuned in to BBC Radio Derby. It took me back a few years(Hamilton/Rioch) tohear the gloom and dispair about how a "great club" was falling and the predament they find them selves in.

They then interview G.B. who made the comment that "when the chips were down it was like Men against boys out there today" which was fair comment - only he then added that in his opinion the first goal should have been diallowed due to "goalkeeper interference" and this was the turing point of the game.

Can anybody explain to me why I.T.F.C. managers past and PRESENT can not just accept that they are not always unlucky to lose or robbed by poor reffereeing or cheated out of points by opposing players and on occassions they actually get beat by better teams (congratulations to Ian Dowie on his first win)
When they win they are always the better team and thorouhly deserve the points (did anybody see the dubious penalty and the deflected own goal Vs the Hammers?)

I''d rather have a Worthy or a Mr. Strachan and an honest assement any day

Let''s hope they ITFC are making excuses for not finishing in there "rightful" promotion place at the end of the season. wouldn''t it be upsetting to see them finish 7th again.

I couldn''t have put it better myself, it appears to be the Ipswich culture, and how many times are we going to read Royle blasts ref when they drop points. You would have thought with ten penalties this season fat Joe would keep quiet.
Royle and their local newspapers seem unable to give any praise to Norwich and one hack finished up with egg on his face following his comment that Huckerby has turned down Norwich - ho. ho. ho..

What really makes me despair though is, it know seems against the rules to even try to win the ball in the air with a keeper.

You see keepers do this all the time: they come for a cross or corner, they jump and catch the ball, they jump into an opposition player and drop the ball. FOUL! Ref gives a free kick, i''m not advocating going back to the days of Stan Mortenson shoulder barging a keeper into the net but if we carry on as it''s going at the moment, you are not going to be able to challenge a keeper at all!

same 606 , derby fan said,we ie ncfc were just an average team. 0-4. dont think so. hate to think what his views on derby are, big club, dont think so. but then he did not comment on his team.sorry as for burly,all that needs to be said or sang should i say is. cheer up george burly----------------------------------ect.