Sign in to follow this  
Jack Flash

Home Run

With Bristol City successfully dealt with and behind us our run in of 6 Home matches to the end of the season looks promising. Swansea, Hull, QPR, Reading, Sheff Wed and Blackburn. Can we really now start to dream?

It's important to enjoy the success we are having for what it is, not start getting ahead of ourselves.  It's great to think there is a possibility of being in the top two at the end of the season, but It's going to be incredibly tough to stay there, regardless of who we are playing and where.  Enjoy the success as it is now......promotion will either happen or it won't, so no point in looking any further than the next game.  Enjoy the process, not the dream - the dream is always there of course, but the process is what is enjoyable.

2 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

It's important to enjoy the success we are having for what it is, not start getting ahead of ourselves.  It's great to think there is a possibility of being in the top two at the end of the season, but It's going to be incredibly tough to stay there, regardless of who we are playing and where.  Enjoy the success as it is now......promotion will either happen or it won't, so no point in looking any further than the next game.  Enjoy the process, not the dream - the dream is always there of course, but the process is what is enjoyable.

Just playing around Lakey, it's a bit of fun dude!

Edited by Daz Sparks
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Daz Sparks said:

That would be a nail biter, eh?

Arriving at that table would not be good for the ticker!

OK, I'm ahead of myself.

We will win the next 4 games putting us on 78 points before we play Boro.

Even if we lose that game we will need 12 points from the 21 available after that game giving us 90.

Think we will actually do better than 12 from 21 because most of the teams we have to play will not be able to cope with how we play especially as we have so many options.at our disposal

No point sitting on the fence now, we are going up.

4 hours ago, Making Plans said:

That's the attitude. At this point we can collectively help the team the most by NOT transmitting any nervousness to them. So keep up the great work pre-match and post-goal against us. That kind of "we are with you, we can do this" support is really important and helpful, especially for such a young team. It's not being arrogant, it's being positive that we can achieve the outcome we all want. 

4 hours ago, Daz Sparks said:

1669382399_ScreenShot2019-02-24at10_25_38.png.44b3c2a3962b06288ec424a6088cac18.png

With our run of games, how does that predict we will be 2nd? All the others have to play each other, so points will be dropped by some of them, so how does that configuration come up with everything being so close? I presume it's using a 'probability' type scenario, to predict which games we will win/draw. It all points to Norwich having the easier run in, so genuinely confused. 

4 hours ago, Making Plans said:

OK, I'm ahead of myself.

We will win the next 4 games putting us on 78 points before we play Boro.

Even if we lose that game we will need 12 points from the 21 available after that game giving us 90.

Think we will actually do better than 12 from 21 because most of the teams we have to play will not be able to cope with how we play especially as we have so many options.at our disposal

When did you ever sit on a fence MP? Your last absolute certainty was that Farke was rubbish and we were headed for League One. Still, if the Prodigal Son can be forgiven, I guess you can be too. But do us all a favour and try fence sitting sometimes. 😋

Edited by westcoastcanary

That table is rubbish anyway. Unless the rules have been changed,  last time I looked all clubs played the same number of games

Think that is known as a fundemental error

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Daz Sparks said:

That would be a nail biter, eh?

The only problem with it is that there has never been a season where five teams get 89 points or more. In fact in the last twenty years there has only been one year when three teams did it.

89 points will certainly be enough for auto, probably less.

4 hours ago, ricardo said:

The only problem with it is that there has never been a season where five teams get 89 points or more. In fact in the last twenty years there has only been one year when three teams did it.

89 points will certainly be enough for auto, probably less.

That was my first thought ric, highly unlikely 3 Teams will get to 91 points... 3 might get 86 or 87 at best. 

86 got us to third in 2014/15 when we had that great surge under AN and came up just short of automatic. But of course the pressure was different as no matter how we tried, winning game after game, Bournemouth and Watford kept doing the same to keep ahead of us.

This time it is going to be us trying to keep others at bay. And if we keep getting points at the rate of 66 after 34 then we should end up with 89 or 90.

We maybe second after Tuesday but hope and believe QPR can get a result however predict we will back on top Saturday.  Can see Albion beating Leeds good away from home at home not so good, you heard it here get your money on.  From what I saw Bristol C have a major role in the promotion race Leeds and WBA have to go there and unlike Albion are good at home.  Promotion will be between us and Sheff U.

....so if Leeds and Middlesborough win their final games, (one left according to that table) we'll be in the play-offs.

We'll have this sewn up against Wigan or Sheff Wed.   We just seem to get better and better......    OTBC

Edited by ged in the onion bag

I'll blank the teams out, but this is where my results predictions leave the final table. Very close at top and bottom except for you know who....

Screen Shot 2019-02-25 at 06.34.12.png

Edited by Surfer

3 hours ago, Michael Starr said:

My predictor came back as:

image.png

Everyone seems convinced that Derby will finish above Bristol City and I'm not sure why.