Sign in to follow this  
ron obvious

Bristol City Penalty

What was Lee Johnson going on about in his interview? Suggesting they had a nailed on penalty in the first half. Don't remember seeing it or hearing it mentioned at the time. Don't think it was on Quest either.

Whether it was a penalty or not I think he has a point regarding the inconsistency of the referee, I remember the incident he was talking about about,  the ref did not give a penalty but neither did he book the Bristol City player for diving, (the Bristol City player went down like he had been shot so either there was contact or it was a dive)......

... and then there was the clear handball in the box from their defender in the second half, which definitely was a penalty  for us.  I guess he didn't mention that? 

I remember a tackle in the first half when I immediately thought the ref might give a pen, but these all look different from different angles.

To be honest, and this is crazy, but I got more worried at one point when I thought we were going to get a pen and I thought "noooo,play on!!!"

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Crabbycanary3 said:

It was right in front of me. Never even crossed my mind that it may be considered a penalty

Ditto. It was a very good tackle. Not a penalty