Sign in to follow this  
Daz Sparks

Mclean Transfer fee?

Think it was a nominal amount as he was in the last six months of his contract. £0.5m?

Not sure on the fee paid - Transfermarkt has it at £260k - I think nominal is the key word as I don't think we'll find out the absolute figure.

On a sidenote - James Maddison has been bloody good to City hasn't he? £23mill in transfer profit AND the opportunity to watch Kenny Mclean regularly whilst JM was up in Scotland with him. I'm sure the club were already aware of KM but having our guys there frequently to keep tabs on Maddison no doubt had some level of impact on us ending up going for Kenny.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, kick it off said:

Not sure on the fee paid - Transfermarkt has it at £260k - I think nominal is the key word as I don't think we'll find out the absolute figure.

On a sidenote - James Maddison has been bloody good to City hasn't he? £23mill in transfer profit AND the opportunity to watch Kenny Mclean regularly whilst JM was up in Scotland with him. I'm sure the club were already aware of KM but having our guys there frequently to keep tabs on Maddison no doubt had some level of impact on us ending up going for Kenny.

Wasn't JM at Aberdeen before Webber and the new recruitment strategy? I doubt they'll have been taking transfer tips from the old regime..

I'm sure they would have been watching McLean and he would have been on the radar, they possibly reviewed the old shortlist alongside the new one last season. Equally, I'm sure Maddison would have given feedback.

3 minutes ago, kirku said:

Wasn't JM at Aberdeen before Webber and the new recruitment strategy? I doubt they'll have been taking transfer tips from the old regime..

Yes, but you seem to be suggesting that all potential targets were literally thrown in the bin and the scouting network dismantled before Webber knew what he had in house, rather than it all being reviewed and professional judgements being made on both staffing and targets.

Mclean Transfer fee?

I do have it on good alleged authority the Mclean transfer fee was.....One Haggis supper (large chips) including a deep fried Jock Pie and deep fried mars bar for his agent.....2 litres of Barrs 'IRN BRU'......An ice-cream 99 (two flakes)..... 'The latest 'Broons' and 'Oor Wullie' Annuals.....The Rab C Nesbitt all episodes DVD Collection.....A 'Tam O' Shanter' hat.....Oh, and a miniature bottle of Glenlivet single malt......

AN ABSOLUTE BARGAIN....."Och Aye!"......  

Thought it was in the 200k region,. We signed him and loaned him back to Aberdeen for the remainder of his Aberdeen contract to prevent a Bosman bidding war in the summer.

11 minutes ago, Icecream Snow said:

Thought it was in the 200k region,. We signed him and loaned him back to Aberdeen for the remainder of his Aberdeen contract to prevent a Bosman bidding war in the summer.

A tidy bit of business I feel. He looks very assured, and has filled that place left vacant by Lietner and Vrancic admirably, I feel torn on who shpould be there for the next matches. Farke seems to reward a winning team with an unchanged line up, but should he?

It’s a weird one, McLean took both his goals fantastically well but aside from that, wasn’t that great. Can’t argue with the fact he won us the game and I’m sure will keep his place next week now but overall I think we’re a better side with Leitner or Vrancic in that role

• Like 4

5 hours ago, kirku said:

During his interview on the Scrimmage last season Neil Adams said that as well as being the loan manager he is also asked to go and look at players for SW, Neil would've already seen Mclean at Aberdeen when checking out how Maddison was gettin on.

Not saying that's what happened but there are some possibilities.

Danny MacLean according to reporter on BBC.  Excellent yesterday with 2 goals to go with the three assists from 2 appearances and 2 caneos from the bench.  But do think Vrancic will be back on Saturday maybe with Leitner,  Stiepermann been inconsistent lately responsible for first goal yesterday.  Leitner could have game time with U23s except Friday game's make it impossible.

21 hours ago, kick it off said:

Yes, but you seem to be suggesting that all potential targets were literally thrown in the bin and the scouting network dismantled before Webber knew what he had in house, rather than it all being reviewed and professional judgements being made on both staffing and targets.

Of course not. However, given the complete overhaul of transfer and scouting approach, I think it's more likely to have been a coincidence rather than anything else. 

23 hours ago, kick it off said:

As far as staffing goes i hate to mention it but Webber got shot of someone at Colney on his first day in charge who left with immediate effect but his name escapes me at the moment. 😎