Sign in to follow this  
BaltimoreBird

3 man change

Wow did that ease things for us. It was tense before then, but the three-man change came and we looked much the better side.

Something to be said for players on the pitch having a "Feel for the game" even with tired legs.

26 minutes ago, BaltimoreBird said:

Wow did that ease things for us. It was tense before then, but the three-man change came and we looked much the better side.

Something to be said for players on the pitch having a "Feel for the game" even with tired legs.

Teams that press high against us seem to run out of steam in the latter parts of the match, and we really take control - we've seen it so many times this season. With that in mind I can understand Johnson wanting to maximise the "fresh-legs" effect.

Also Farke used the three subs to break up any momentum that might have built, so it worked out very nicely indeed 🙂

No issue with using all three subs granted, which Farke clearly did. What I'm getting at is Bristol throwing three subs in all at once. Turning over 30% of the outfield players can cause a drastic change to a team's momentum.

He had to try and change it up, they were looking very leggy towards the 70 minute mark, the brizzle  fans queried his choice of players but I think he felt compelled to try and turn it round that way. Their momentum was downward at that time I think, the sub with dreads looked quite handy but luckily didn’t get on the ball much, neither did the other, as for watkins, well I’m not worried he left us........

2 minutes ago, Northluck C said:

Was surprised but pleased to see the back of Diedhiou in that triple sub, he was winning everything in the air.

Only because of his height.