Sign in to follow this  
pete

Tom T immense today

Trybull doesn't get the plaudits he deserves was immense today and better atDM than AlexT.  The unsung hero who does all the dirty stuff showing last season was just the beginning.

Every player who has had to step into the breach this season has not only done the job admirably but in every case has actually added to the team - Trybull, Vrancic, Godfrey, McLean, Zimmerman...

• Like 3

I think we're likely to need to strengthen DM next season regardless of which Division we're in, Trybull is fine, Tettey, not getting any younger and injury prone, Thompson, will have to have a change of luck if he's to have an impact, we'll be ok for the run in but I wouldn't mind betting that DF/SW have already identified other options. 

• Like 1

Trybull has been great since he’s come in but I still think there have been some incredibly harsh comments about Tettey and some very short memories.

Tettey has played a massive part of getting us to where we are now playing 25 games before Trybulls recent run in the team (and before this he was largely poor when he came in e.g Hull, Leeds h). Of those 25, we won 13 and kept 8 clean sheets (and Tettey got himself a goal). Trybull has played 12 and we’ve won 6 with 3 clean sheets.

Im not criticising Trybull as his latest performances have been superb and he’s yet another example of the fantastic squad we have and how there is no real ‘spine’ as most players have been out for some time during the season with more than adequate replacements coming in. I just believe Tetteys contribution is greater so far, he was part of the team that got us winning and took us on the fantastic run to the top of the league, he’s a leader on the pitch and an experienced head amongst the youngsters. Farke has also breathed new life into those fragile legs by getting him to play more than a game a week regularly and giving him more freedom to move forward whilst still having the knack of being in the right place at the right time to break up play.

Tettey has been far more important to the season so far and would argue he doesn’t get the plaudits he deserves either. However I have no issue with either starting (which can be said of many players in many positions now), again showing what a great group of players we have.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Fiery Zac said:

Trybull has been great since he’s come in but I still think there have been some incredibly harsh comments about Tettey and some very short memories.

Tettey has played a massive part of getting us to where we are now playing 25 games before Trybulls recent run in the team (and before this he was largely poor when he came in e.g Hull, Leeds h). Of those 25, we won 13 and kept 8 clean sheets (and Tettey got himself a goal). Trybull has played 12 and we’ve won 6 with 3 clean sheets.

Im not criticising Trybull as his latest performances have been superb and he’s yet another example of the fantastic squad we have and how there is no real ‘spine’ as most players have been out for some time during the season with more than adequate replacements coming in. I just believe Tetteys contribution is greater so far, he was part of the team that got us winning and took us on the fantastic run to the top of the league, he’s a leader on the pitch and an experienced head amongst the youngsters. Farke has also breathed new life into those fragile legs by getting him to play more than a game a week regularly and giving him more freedom to move forward whilst still having the knack of being in the right place at the right time to break up play.

Tettey has been far more important to the season so far and would argue he doesn’t get the plaudits he deserves either. However I have no issue with either starting (which can be said of many players in many positions now), again showing what a great group of players we have.

Well said Zac, well said.

OTBC

Let's see where we are next year, but we could do with some alternatives for Krul, Aarons, Tettey and Pukki for sure. 

Would agree with zac and splendidrush.

Tettey has been great for us for many years and was excellent earlier this season. However, if we go up, with injuries and ageing legs, I can’t see Tettey being first choice (on a regular basis) in the prem, Trybull has been alright recently but wasn’t great at times earlier in the season and Thompson hasn’t really had the chance to show whether he could cut it or not. I’d expect someone new in if we go up.