Sign in to follow this  
BaltimoreBird

WBA vs SUFC

WBA play Leeds next so it could change again. Leeds should win easily at Loftus Rd ....QPR seem to be on a poor run and suffering from a loss of form.

7 minutes ago, Icecream Snow said:

Realistically a three horse race for automatics now

Fair too naive.

12 games left and WBA are only 6pts behind us and have a superior goal difference to Leeds and have Leeds to play on Friday.

Again a draw Leeds v WBA would be great. QPR have only won once this year, so shouldn't be a problem for Leeds? As long as we keep winning it doesn't matter what the rest do. We have 4 home games in April before our final game at Villa who will be on the beach.

• Like 1

Leeds got a bit lucky against Bolton watching their highlights and will face both Brom, Bristol and Utd be interesting to see how they handle this week playing Tues and Fri, I think they could struggle.

Everything still to play for.

I certainly wouldn't write QPR off, for their game vs Leeds.

Only saw the 2nd half of the West Brom game and they looked a limited, old school, side. I don't know what their wage bill is, but if they do not go up, they may well need a drastic overhaul.

Yep we’re the team that has just beaten the (former) leaders and the “form team” and have won 5/7 despite having a really tough run of games. The others will be fearing us. We only have Boro to play of the top teams. As long as we keep on like we’re doing, we’re going towin this .

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, CDMullins said:

Fair too naive.

12 games left and WBA are only 6pts behind us and have a superior goal difference to Leeds and have Leeds to play on Friday.

I said "realistically", and realistically the second placed team will have at least 85 points (though in reality closer to 90). So for West Brom, they'd need to win 9 out of the remaining 12 games, having failed to score at home. Which isn't impossible, but is improbable.

Agreed with that totally ICF. 

Can't write Boro off though. They're on form, and with players such as Howson, Besic and Mikel, they have real talent. The fact they have us to play and a game in hand means they're still in with a shout. I have a feeling Leeds will falter, and West Brom will be inconsistent. Norwich, Sheff Utd and Boro top three for me. Hopefully in that order! 

6 minutes ago, It's Character Forming said:

Yep we’re the team that has just beaten the (former) leaders and the “form team” and have won 5/7 despite having a really tough run of games. The others will be fearing us. We only have Boro to play of the top teams. As long as we keep on like we’re doing, we’re going towin this .

I'm not pleased to see Villa away still on our fixture list to be honest ... I really hope we don't take things to the last weekend.

4 minutes ago, Cantiaci Canary said:

I'm not pleased to see Villa away still on our fixture list to be honest ... I really hope we don't take things to the last weekend.

Villa are bang average, they'll be on the beach and we'll already be up. Nothing to fear at Villa Park. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, splendidrush said:

Villa are bang average, they'll be on the beach and we'll already be up. Nothing to fear at Villa Park. 

Agree 100%.

WBA good away poor at home. Sheff U favourites to win today in my eyes and they did.  Unfortunarely for me both didn't score with Norwich winning lost out on 60 quid.  SheffU are our major competitors for promotion.

Lots of games to play and twist and turns to come. 

As long as we keep playing as we are, then I think we are the team the others will want to finish above  

The three best teams in the division are Norwich, Sheff Utd and Bristol. Others may have better individual players, but IMO these three are demonstrating the power of the group playing to their collective style. Would be great to see all three go up this year and the supposed big clubs be left behind.

4 hours ago, Darth Canary1 said:

We just gotta win all of our remaining games and all will be good 😂

For all the huff and puff on this thread, this is the truest statement - ours to lose regardless of what goes on elsewhere.👍

No need to postulate on any of the others in this division. We showed today why we will be going up and the others should be thinking about us.

Yes I have been drinking and I am full of bravado tonight.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, It's Character Forming said:

It's still so damn tight at the top though, isn't it. All the current top three will be thinking "As long as we keep on like we're doing, we're going to win this".

2 hours ago, Drazen Muzinic said:

..........and the others should be thinking about us.

Apart from 'Boro, the others don't need to think about us. Their best strategy is to just shut us out of their minds ........ 😉

• Like 1