Sign in to follow this  
Icecream Snow

Norwich City vs Bristol City Match Thread

I don’t think that the team overall had an poor first half.  Kenny McLean had a really poor first half positionally, bad enough that everyone else looked bad, then he massively improved positionally after half time.

The role he was in, which is the Mario/Mo role, means he should be dropping deep, taking the ball from defence and make the first pass to an attacking player in space.  Instead he would consistently drift up the pitch or wide and try to be the player that received the first pass into space.  That left us with one fewer player in that important area and made playing that first pass much harder. It made it easier for Bristol to press us effectively, and lead to Krul having to go long more often and passes forward being made from worse positions, which give the ball away more.

After half time, when I assume he got a rollocking, McLean was more disciplined, but still I don’t expect him to keep a deep lying place  in the team.

That said his goals were good and i’d happily watch him in one of the three advanced midfield roles.

8 hours ago, Orly said:

If we win, I hope our crowd "shhhh" O'Dowda on the way off.  Great goal, but looked like he was giving stick the crowd for no reason I can tell.

He was an absolute pr1ck for no reason. He scored a great goal and then made himself look like a belll3nd by winding up the home fans.

1 minute ago, Drazen Muzinic said:

He was an absolute pr1ck for no reason. He scored a great goal and then made himself look like a belll3nd by winding up the home fans.

Good player though. 

• Like 1