Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Icecream Snow

Norwich City vs Bristol City Match Thread

Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, Disco Dales Jockstrap said:

I soiled myself about 20 minutes ago...

OTBC

Is that all? I need to redecorate the back room.ūüėÄ

Well done City. Brilliant result!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now, relax.................

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Phew can relax now, we just do not give up do we?

Beating a team that has not been beaten since November whilst going behind twice is fantastic (even though i'd rather we didn't go behind in the first place!) I believe that we will be champions come the end of the season.

OTBC!!!

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

From now on it doesn't matter about how its down to how many. As much as we did some wrong things we did a hell of a lot right. And could have had more. we are the entertainers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd heard rave reviews about Mclean when we signed him but worried that after his time out and our good form it was going to be near impossible for him to impose himself on this team and would need to really hit the ground running as the team we have right now simply won't afford time for someone to get up to speed.

His impact on todays game shows just what a player he is. Feels like a new signing. What a contribution!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

An immense result for the lads whose resilience is worthy of champions. Whatever the final outcome of this season, it has been a brilliant one given the expectations at the start of the season. Congratulations to everyone at the club from Delia and MWJ down.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

From now on it doesn't matter about how its down to how many. As much as we did some wrong things we did a hell of a lot right. And could have had more. we are the entertainers.

The way we're playing is why I don't post much related to football...

I've got nothing to whinge about ūüėúūüėÄūüĎć

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, BaltimoreBird said:

Unbelievable how poor we looked at times and to still come away with 3 points after being down twice in this game. Absolutely fantastic!

Yes, huge result. We never looked "poor"; we looked nervy and off the pace early on. But you have to give Bristol some credit for that. Fortunately Emi's statutory silly challenge was well outside the penalty area this time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Superb 3 points considering we didn’t really hit top gear and the quality of the opposition. Can’t emphasise enough how impressive that win is. Against a team that keeps it tight at the back and don’t concede many, we were far from our best but still scored three and could easily have had five. Fair play to Bristol city they are going to have a big say in this promotion race and may well go up themselves through the play offs.

Edited by JF

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, westcoastcanary said:

Yes, huge result. We never looked "poor"; we looked nervy and off the pace early on. But you have to give Bristol some credit for that. Fortunately Emi's statutory silly challenge was well outside the penalty area this time.

Did you watch the first half? We were very poor by our standards. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, Jools said:

image.thumb.png.db565ff3cfb2f03ac207d1a3a27eb167.png

I think if i was in your position id be planning a party too. You've been the best team all season, goals aplenty! nothing can derail you now!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks Jubbly. But the bubbly has to wait. One game at a time and you cannot rule out any of the top 4. Still a quarter of the season to go.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wish this season would never end. Just amazing - young players - goals aplenty - great football to watch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, kick it off said:

Really nice to see the minute applause for Denver observed so well. Poor kid. He was mascot on boxing day, remember seeing Cantwell carrying him on the pitch.

I noticed that the Bristol supporters all stood, which was a lovely gesture

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, robertociNCFC said:

Phew can relax now, we just do not give up do we?

Beating a team that has not been beaten since November whilst going behind twice is fantastic (even though i'd rather we didn't go behind in the first place!) I believe that we will be champions come the end of the season.

OTBC!!!

 

It was easy to see why Bristol City have done so well, they looked excellent for large parts of that game. Well organised and very well balanced.

Unfortunately a few of our players had a poor first half by their standards. Second half was more the Norwich we are use to, fluid attacking intent and could perhaps should have nailed another two goals. Hernandez is back to his very, very best. Outstanding again.

I hope Bristol stay in the play offs with their style. Took their second goal at our end superbly.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, kick it off said:

Did you watch the first half? We were very poor by our standards. 

My assessment of the first half (from the Barclay) was that we were by no means poor, just a lack of concentration on two occasions.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, duke63 said:

I wish this season would never end. Just amazing - young players - goals aplenty - great football to watch.

I'd be ok if it ended today. We're going up! ūüėČ

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think we have to accept that Brizzle were organised and played with great determination and harried our midfiled for lots of the game. Our ability won us that game. Over the 96minutes we had the more skillful players whose class shone through in the end.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And the good news is that the quality side that Bristol are still have to play Leeds, Sheffield Urd, WBA and Derby I

 

and Pisswich.¬†ūüėÄ

Edited by duke63
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, duke63 said:

And the good news is that the quality side that Bristol are still have to play Leeds, Sheffield Urd, WBA and Derby I

 

and Pisswich.¬†ūüėÄ

I agree with this, their season is far from over and could well have a big say in how things pan out. Not worried about Derby and 1p5wich will be relegated anyway. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, kick it off said:

Did you watch the first half? We were very poor by our standards. 

Actually yes. But, like Grando, I don't think "poor" is either enlightening or justified as a description of what I saw. As I said, Bristol have to be given credit for pressurising and harrying us. Like Preston, they prevented us from progressively building momentum from early on, in the way we like to do when we control the game from the start.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's one thing to be pressed by a quality side which causes a need for the team to gather their bearings for a few minutes and then crack on, but that isn't what I saw. We didn't handle it well and played a forgettable first half of football. So yes, I would say, "poor".

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, westcoastcanary said:

Actually yes. But, like Grando, I don't think "poor" is either enlightening or justified as a description of what I saw. As I said, Bristol have to be given credit for pressurising and harrying us. Like Preston, they prevented us from progressively building momentum from early on, in the way we like to do when we control the game from the start.

Im not saying Bristol dont deserve credit but there were far too many sloppy passes and lack of attacking threat, in addition to 2 very cheap and preventable goals conceded, to say we were anything other than poor by our standards imo. Actually thought first half was worst 45 we have put together in several months. Its a bit of a silly dispute over semantics though really, first half wasnt brilliant, second half was. Whatever words you choose to describe that is your choice but result is all that matters really and it was a brilliant result against a team that are bang in form and will be mixing it in the playoffs.

Edited by kick it off
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, kick it off said:

Im not saying Bristol dont deserve credit but there were far too many sloppy passes and lack of attacking threat, in addition to 2 very cheap and preventable goals conceded, to say we were anything other than poor by our standards imo. Actually thought first half was worst 45 we have put together in several months. Its a bit of a silly dispute over semantics though really, first half wasnt brilliant, second half was. Whatever words you choose to describe that is your choice but result is all that matters really and it was a brilliant result against a team that are bang in form and will be mixing it in the playoffs.

Yes, a brilliant result; I wasn't at all surprised that the super-computer was predicting 1:1. Re. semantics, try telling a lawyer that semantics don't matter ...... :classic_biggrin:  Seriously though, if you insist on a simple dichotomy such as "either brilliant or poor", you are going to have to describe any game, or period of play, when we aren't able to dominate our opponent and have things all our own way as "poor". It's rather like summing up a game purely on the basis of the result. If we win we have been "brilliant", if we don't win we have been "poor".

Whatever, it's 3 more points¬†AND, measured against our¬†first-meeting results against the teams we are now playing (last 16 fixtures), we are currently +2 points and heading for a total somewhere in the mid-90s if we continue like this over the remaining games.¬†ūüĎć

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...