Sign in to follow this  
Scooby

Worthy not a bad manager overnight?

According to the board and a few posters recently Nigel Worthington has not become a bad manager over night. Since when has 13 wins in 66 games become over night?  This is a terrible record, no other manager at any other club in the country would still be in their job.

Ummm 38 of those games were in the premiership, and you seem to forget the huge injury crisis we had as well, how about the season before that? weren''t moaning about his record then were you.

Every manager has a sell by date at a club,  I would sack him alone for destroying our squad after all the premiership money. 

Add to that an inability to sign a right winger.  In fact one of the worst mistakes we made waas letting edworthy go..  what has happened to all the crosses he used to put in.

Selling Malky and replacing him with a 5''7" Centre Half, we had the shortest defense ever.  Then signing a player whom was patently not premiership standard in Gary Doherty (at least he is proving himself in the championship this year) spurs made money on him!!!!  lol

Playing numerous strikers at right midfield (Hendo Jonson Thorne etc).

Being unable to make use of Dean Ashton''s undoubted ability.

Only being able to sign 3rd rate kickers.  I spoke to a reading mate of mine and asked about Hughes.  He said he couldnt beleive he was the type of player norwich were loooking to sign..

Anyway all in all he has gone stale - if his post match comments are pissing us off can you beleive how well they must go down in the dressing room!!!!!!

Yes 38 of those were in the premiership and you seem to have forgotten what a pathetic effort that was, regardless of injuries.  Look at Wigan and West Ham get the right players in and play them in their best positions, and hey, you can actually win the odd game. No I was not moaning about the season before last (was anybody?) I think like myself you will find a few moaners now.

i am not a worthyite - but the money he was given to spend was nothing other than laughable.

The money he has had to spend has not been huge, but most of the players he has bought have been no better than what we already have.