Sign in to follow this  
CANARYKING

Simon Hooper at it again

Warnock reckons he is a good referee on SSN this am.  The evidence indicates otherwise.

• Haha 1

No hiding place next season! Does anyone seriously think VAR would not have put a stop to that nonsense? The man could make the case on his own to convert the most vehement of doubters. Btw can't recall, did he ever apologise to Cam for that sick joke at the Carra?

VAR next season is going to be interesting. The perceived wisdom is that it will stop officials making decisions, so the game runs it course and then they rely on the technology to sort out the correct decision. IMO it's going to get a bit wearing when every goal scored has to go through the 'replay it from 6 different angles' lengthy check process. Which is what seems to happen in Rugby Union these days.      

Still think VAR has to be so accurate and leave nothing to doubt. I believe the referee can miss things and a word in his shell like is advisable but would prefer to see the referee view it for himself if there is cause to use it. In other words, the referee should make the final decision.

1 hour ago, keelansgrandad said:

Still think VAR has to be so accurate and leave nothing to doubt. I believe the referee can miss things and a word in his shell like is advisable but would prefer to see the referee view it for himself if there is cause to use it. In other words, the referee should make the final decision.

Agree with this Kg, unfortunately it seems that the standard of Referees has fallen to such a level that the football authorities are pushing this through in order to validate some of the decisions. I've seen games in recent years where the Ref made decisions that would have been challenged in park football. 

I'm also a conspiracy theorist, so the number of decisions in favour of the Big Clubs at the expense of the rest of us means that the more VAR the better.